Actress ‘Patt’ insists that she earned ‘every baht’

rooster59

Actress ‘Patt’ insists that she earned ‘every baht’

By ANGSUMA SRIDOKKHAM
THE NATION

e4175a3d2ed3a91962bdbbddd7ccfa83.jpeg

ACTRESS Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul insisted yesterday that every baht she made had legitimate origins and nothing to do with the alleged money-laundering that police have accused her husband of committing.

After four-hours of questioning at the Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB), she told reporters that she gave investigators testimony as a witness, not as a suspect facing charges.

Napapa’s husband, motorbike racing star Akarakit “Benz Racing” Woraroj-charoendet is accused of buying a Lamborghini sports car with drug money from a network led by alleged Laotian drug kingpin Xaysana Keopimpa

Yesterday, Napapa said police focused on asking her about her income last year and this year and she submitted documents including tax-payment papers. 

She said she was mystified by an earlier comment by police that she had Bt30 million in her bank account. She said she had less than that amount and could explain the origin of all of her money, which came from acting jobs.

Napapa said she had been dating Akarakit for a little over a year before they got married, so she couldn’t possibly know everything about his life and had no knowledge of the purchase and payment for the Lamborghini.

The NSB issued a summons against her last week as it probed Akarakit, who had been charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering and was released on bail. 

NSB deputy commander Pol Colonel Somkiat Wansiriwilai said the actress had been cooperative and identified her income and the origin of her assets |clearly. 

As well as Napapa, Akarakit’s mother and two employees at his Area 51 big bike accessories shop also provided information as witnesses yesterday. The employees told police that transactions between them and Akarakit involved buying auto parts.

Somkiat said the NSB would soon summon Akarakit to provide more information.

The case against the actress’s husband stems from an operation to search 40 locations around the country, including the Area 51 shop in Inthamara, to smash a network allegedly led by Xaysana. It follows Xaysana’s arrest at Suvarnabhumi Airport on January 19.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309456

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-18

Since we're counting, let me count the <deleted> I give......  0

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out of post. 8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Napapa said she had been dating Akarakit for a little over a year before they got married, so she couldn’t possibly know everything about his life and had no knowledge of the purchase and payment for the Lamborghini.

My wife drives a 4 million baht Porsche Carrera that she bought 2 years ago. I didn`t know until I saw it parked in our garage last week. Well, can`t be expected to know everything about our spouses, can we? :stoner:

certainly dumped her husband in the deep end with those words,  she doesnt know where he got the money or the car, pretty strange seeing they live together. Looks like she is making sure she doesnt go down with him, hmmmmmmm, must be a really great relationship/marriage they have......

9 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

What a happy smile. Seems to be not very strained that her luxurious lifestyle was financed by drug money which destroyed so many life of others. 

Reading the report suggests her lifestyle is supported by her genuine income. 

His however is still under scrutiny. 

It is conceivable she knows nothing about his alleged drugs activities. 

10 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

What a happy smile. Seems to be not very strained that her luxurious lifestyle was financed by drug money which destroyed so many life of others. 

Well why don't you pass on the evidence you have on her to the police. I'm sure the families of those who have lost loved ones will be thankful.

11 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Her smile may not be strained but her hands are on a white knuckle ride........................:smile:

hands.jpg

19 hours ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Read the article again, she claims that is not the case but maybe you have inside information?

19 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

>...that she earned ‘every-baht' ...<

Now, let's call that a 'relative expression', shall we ...?! 

Do you think that she didn't work for it?

17 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

My wife drives a 4 million baht Porsche Carrera that she bought 2 years ago. I didn`t know until I saw it parked in our garage last week. Well, can`t be expected to know everything about our spouses, can we? :stoner:

The Lambo wasn't parked at their house.

11 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Well paid acting jobs.!!

They usually are, that's why people get into that industry.  If you know they were well paid jobs, how much was she paid for each job?

Edited by gdgbb