More stains on Pattaya's reputation as filthy water ruins a day at the sea

webfact

Are these big condos & hotels built without hooking up to a sewar plant?  Are there sewar plants.   It must have been a special place 25-30 years ago?  All kinds of plans to swim in the surf enjoy Falls so much floating trash and possible sewage.  

8 hours ago, sungod said:

No not 'sweep up' in that context, but pick up a few pieces of garbage if there are any in the area, no different from many other beaches. 

Yes your right we live in a world of constantly lower standards how silly of me. 

8 hours ago, sungod said:

No not 'sweep up' in that context, but pick up a few pieces of garbage if there are any in the area, no different from many other beaches. 

Reading the rest of the posts on this topic I think you lucked out in finding a beach that needed a little "sweep up" Best to keep it to yourself less others crowd in. Looking at the video hmm goes way beyond normal in my book. 

3 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Yuck. Here is Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada (which is considered overrun esp. during high season). 

images (1).jpg

Looks clean to me. They should have a contest with a prize for anyone finding garbage. Maybe thats what the people in the distance are doing. 

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So nothing has changed in 26 years.

Yes, we used to have a small river of it at the North end of Pattaya Beach, near the Dusit, for years.!

To be honest I think the whole place is falling apart. Transformers bursting into flames, garbage piles and huge coaches blocking traffic when either stationary or trying to move. It is imploding under its own weight.

If global warming puts it 10 ft under water we can restart with Sukumvit as a new Beach Rd.

Hey, it was the squirrels fault. How could I have done anything as an electrician? The door was only bent a little bit so it would not close. Squirrel, kid, blind man, whoever; I was just down the road drinking my lunch, so Mai Pen Rai.

7 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes your right we live in a world of constantly lower standards how silly of me. 

All depends what your expectations for a beach in the middle of an ever expanding city are, pristine snorkeling its not, but generally its fine, very popular for beach volley ball.

I'd hazard a guess that some of the posters have not been there in years, just use the thread as somewhere else to moan about something.

The headline reminds me of an Ian Dury song

Moments of sadness, moments of guilt
Stains on the memory, stains on the quilt
Chapter of incident, chapter and verse
Sub-heading chronic, paragraph worse

Lost in the limelight, backed in the blaze
Did it for nine pence, those were the days
Give me my acre and give me my plough
Tell me tomorrow, don't bother me now

F*****g Ada, F*****g Ada
F*****g Ada, F*****g Ada

2 hours ago, sungod said:

All depends what your expectations for a beach in the middle of an ever expanding city are, pristine snorkeling its not, but generally its fine, very popular for beach volley ball.

I'd hazard a guess that some of the posters have not been there in years, just use the thread as somewhere else to moan about something.

I guess your right expectations are like limbo sticks how low can you go? 

It still stinks down here.

it is hard to tell if it is 

a) how it normally smells 

b. If it leftovers from last weeks spill

c. They haven't fixed the problem yet.

It smells like sh1t, looks like sh1t, so my guess is that it probably is sh1t.

If they cleaned it up, along with all the piles of rubbish around here, it could be a nice area.

Archived