Foodland supermarket coming to Royal Garden!

Jingthing

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Can't see how this will work really well.  won't it force more traffic down that way?  Second road is tough enough as it is.  Don't think Beach road could use more traffic.

The underground parking is already challenging at weekends and now that the new, enclosed motorbike parking is on the same level as the car park (and taking up maybe 50 car park spots) with Foodland in the former bottom basement motorbike parking, it can only get worse.

Can't see how this will work really well.  won't it force more traffic down that way?  Second road is tough enough as it is.  Don't think Beach road could use more traffic.

It's a 24 hour supermarket which makes it the only one in Central Pattaya. It's a fantastic convenient option for night owls.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The underground parking is already challenging at weekends and now that the new, enclosed motorbike parking is on the same level as the car park (and taking up maybe 50 car park spots) with Foodland in the former bottom basement motorbike parking, it can only get worse.

Ah right.......I rode automatically to the 'old' motorbike parking and almost ended up inside Foodland. 

Some grumpy security guard said "pai pai!!" and i couldn't find the 'new' motorbike parking. 

If that's the entire Foodland......the old motorbike parking + the 10 car-park places on that level....it'll be nothing more than a Tesco Express

52 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Ah right.......I rode automatically to the 'old' motorbike parking and almost ended up inside Foodland. 

Some grumpy security guard said "pai pai!!" and i couldn't find the 'new' motorbike parking. 

If that's the entire Foodland......the old motorbike parking + the 10 car-park places on that level....it'll be nothing more than a Tesco Express

Sounds like parking could be an issue. 'Twas already bad enough.

A Tesco Express would easily hold all that I buy at Foodland. They can save a lot of space by cutting out some of the excess they have at Klang. This branch may be even more farang-oriented. But I'm just speculating--I await the reports until I get down there myself. 

This could really convenient--hit the nearby go-gos then do the shopping. :smile: 

6 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Big signage in both Thai and (correct) English pointing to the new motorbike parking that has actually been in the 'new' location for the best part of 2 months already. I take it that after missing the large motorbike car park and signage, you raced off back home to post your disgust?

6 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Hmmm....

50 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Foodland @ Royal Garden, open 24/24, with Took Lae Dee restaurant on the left side (2nd pic)

20170515_130727s.jpg

I really love it when people run their mouths make comments before going anywhere near a place.

PS. Getting close doesn't count.

2 out of 10

Must try a lot harder.

Just had a look inside. Foodland prices about the same as Friendship, but the selection is not the same , I also think Foodland in Pattaya Klang has a bigger selection than this branch.

For me the biggest attraction is a 24 hour restaurant only 15 minutes away from my place.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Just had a look inside. Foodland prices about the same as Friendship, but the selection is not the same , I also think Foodland in Pattaya Klang has a bigger selection than this branch.

For me the biggest attraction is a 24 hour restaurant only 15 minutes away from my place.

Hope they come up with some new rotating menus

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Even with the likely higher prices I hope the store is successful.   Any 24/7 store gets my vote and  baht.

On 3/22/2017 at 11:11 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Gosh Theprasit road branch maybe needs to adjust their sign.2020 is far from soon.

I'm sure the usual squatters will invade the unused property soon.  Nothing changes here...

6 hours ago, balo said:

What about the meat and deli departments? Those for me are the best parts of FoodLand Klang. Great for their pork  ribs and cheese smokies.

10 hours ago, pegman said:

What about the meat and deli departments?

Yes , the meat department and the bakery is there.  Not as big as Klang but I think they offer most products. 

10 hours ago, pegman said:

What about the meat and deli departments? Those for me are the best parts of FoodLand Klang. Great for their pork  ribs and cheese smokies.

I was disappointed in both the meat and bakery section. The meat section is called Butchers Choice and has only deli meats. There is no butcher with fresh meats, only a small prepackaged section brought over from the Klang store. Same for bakery. I could only find half the items I get at Klang. Hopefully this will improve in time. If you are familiar with the Tesco Express behind Numchai then you will be happy or disappointed with this new store. If you are a fan of Took Lae Dee then you will be happy as this new restaurant is bigger and more inviting. For me, I will continue to shop at Klang.

58 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

I was disappointed in both the meat and bakery section. The meat section is called Butchers Choice and has only deli meats. There is no butcher with fresh meats, only a small prepackaged section brought over from the Klang store. Same for bakery. I could only find half the items I get at Klang. Hopefully this will improve in time. If you are familiar with the Tesco Express behind Numchai then you will be happy or disappointed with this new store. If you are a fan of Took Lae Dee then you will be happy as this new restaurant is bigger and more inviting. For me, I will continue to shop at Klang.

Looks like I will have to still trek there on occasion too. Thanks for the info.

Edited by pegman

1 hour ago, ThaiBob said:

I did my grocery shopping there at 3 am this morning. Everything I needed was there. I also ate at Took Lae Dee. Saying the restaurant is bigger than Klang is an understatement. It's huge and a real restaurant with many tables. They still have a line of stools for people who enjoy touching elbows with other diners.

I won't be going to Klang. This is my new late night supermarket.