Cabinet allocates Bt300m for Thailand to host MotoGP for three years

snoop1130

6 hours ago, nahkit said:

The point I tried to make in my last post is that it doesn't matter what the demand is, once they reach capacity, that's it, and at the Superbikes they had a capacity crowd. So, unless they add temporary stands and increase capacity they will have no problem hosting the event, regardless of whether its Superbikes or Moto GP.

If the guy is smart and saved the money from the football shirt sales at WSB, he may use that for the extra lawn furniture needed.

But keep in mind this thread is only about the Cabinet approving some money. Asked to comment on the rumours, a spokesman for Dorna Sports Group, the MotoGP rights owner, was quoted as saying: "I can say that it is a possibility that Thailand joins the calendar in 2018. But only a possibility..."

Note to Cabinet (and Newin) - you need to dangle a (much) bigger carrot. And quickly since the official application must be filed "within the next month".

Edited by NanLaew

15 hours ago, nahkit said:

The point I tried to make in my last post is that it doesn't matter what the demand is, once they reach capacity, that's it, and at the Superbikes they had a capacity crowd. So, unless they add temporary stands and increase capacity they will have no problem hosting the event, regardless of whether its Superbikes or Moto GP.

Grandstand was full of locals who got free tickets.

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If the guy is smart and saved the money from the football shirt sales at WSB, he may use that for the extra lawn furniture needed.

But keep in mind this thread is only about the Cabinet approving some money. Asked to comment on the rumours, a spokesman for Dorna Sports Group, the MotoGP rights owner, was quoted as saying: "I can say that it is a possibility that Thailand joins the calendar in 2018. But only a possibility..."

Note to Cabinet (and Newin) - you need to dangle a (much) bigger carrot. And quickly since the official application must be filed "within the next month".

I think it's a fairly strong possibility though as Indonesia were scheduled to host Moto Gp but their track isn't ready yet so they are looking for alternatives, hopefully in the same region.

Unless they totally modernise the ticket purchase method the event will be a complete failure, no one will travel thousands of miles and hope they can buy a ticket at the gate, and what about all the overseas motor sport travel companies that offer the complete package, they need to drag them selves into the 21st century. 

2 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Unless they totally modernise the ticket purchase method the event will be a complete failure, no one will travel thousands of miles and hope they can buy a ticket at the gate, and what about all the overseas motor sport travel companies that offer the complete package, they need to drag them selves into the 21st century. 

I saw for the superbikes a paddock pass for 90 euros and the pit lane lounge for 320 euros online.

6 hours ago, bramds said:

On Saturday there was a whole family sitting in front of me in the grandstand and they all had sidestand tickets.

Plus, what's the deal with the section in the grandstand that had tape around it with a company name on it? I watched people wander in and out of that section without any checks, so why was it roped off?

3 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I saw for the superbikes a paddock pass for 90 euros and the pit lane lounge for 320 euros online.

I paid 2,000 baht for two days and that included a paddock walk on Sunday.