A bank employee fined 1,000 baht for shouting “bomb” at the carpark of Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

A bank employee fined 1,000 baht for shouting “bomb” at the carpark of Suvarnabhumi airport

2103003.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A bank employee was fined 1,000 baht and given a lecture by Suvarnabhumi airport police station after he falsely shouted that there was bomb in a cardboard box he carried and thrown on the floor of the restricted zone of the car park.

The bank employee, identified only as Mr Aroon, drive his car into the restricted zone of the car park of Suvarnabhumi airport on Tuesday. He was stopped by a security guard, demanding a search of the car, but Aroon left a car, carrying a cardboard box and threw it in front of the guard and shouted “bomb, bomb”.

Then Aroon told the guard that there was no bomb in the box.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bank-employee-fined-1000-baht-shouting-bomb-carpark-suvarnabhumi-airport/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-22

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Fined 1000 baht, joke of the month.

Bloody idiot, needs jailed for a long time.

Bank employee, which bank? 

Are you going to cancel your account??? :cheesy:

Yes! If this was normal circumstances it would be a trial and probably at least 6 months jail time.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He was stopped by a security guard, demanding a search of the car, but Aroon left a car, carrying a cardboard box and threw it in front of the guard and shouted “bomb, bomb”.

I bet he's regretting not allowing that mirror shoved under his car. :coffee1:

It never ceases to amaze me at the ignorance that exists in the Thai population. And the perpetrator appears to have a responsible position in a bank.  It's a sad commentary on the lack of a proper education; ethics and downright common sense.

4 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Maybe calling out to friend? They do have some rather odd nicknames taken from English language: Bum, Pepsi, etc... Bomb would not be all that unusual

Like my Gf family. Kids names..Bing, Bang, Bong.  Had good laugh about that.

21 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Maybe calling out to friend? They do have some rather odd nicknames taken from English language: Bum, Pepsi, etc... Bomb would not be all that unusual

That is actually ironic as I did know a Thai guy with the nickname Bomb..

18 hours ago, Thaidream said:

It never ceases to amaze me at the ignorance that exists in the Thai population. And the perpetrator appears to have a responsible position in a bank.  It's a sad commentary on the lack of a proper education; ethics and downright common sense.

Oh hear, hear Thaidream...so glad  the entire 66 million population is being judged on the one Thai (W)banker---just wondering what your views would be on the complete brake down of ethics and downright common sense in your country  as this stuff on Youtube seems to be the flavour of the month in the western society of late......

On 3/22/2017 at 6:23 AM, colinneil said:

Fined 1000 baht, joke of the month.

Bloody idiot, needs jailed for a long time.

Bank employee, which bank? 

In The US he would be doing about 3 months and a fine of $50000 or more.

On 22/03/2017 at 2:11 AM, webfact said:

He was stopped by a security guard, demanding a search of the car, but Aroon left a car, carrying a cardboard box and threw it in front of the guard and shouted “bomb, bomb”.

Obviously too stupid to remember "do you know who I am?"

Oh wait, this moron's not important, except in his own deluded mind. 

On 3/21/2017 at 8:19 PM, Emster23 said:

True, I know a girl whose nickname is Bom which is obviously pronounced the same way as bomb.