Bifocal Reading Sunglasses

Pik

Not sure if you consider our recommendations of mail order less than serious in other such threads but it really seems to me to be the best choice if price is a concern.  Have used Zenni several times and have always been happy with results.

But you topic title is a bit strange as normally reading glasses are single prescription and cheaply available at any supermarket/drug store or street seller here and not sure who would want to read with sunglasses.  But with a place like Zenni you can make your own choices.   If you want distance/reading you also have option of progressive lens - which I find good for general use.  I used clip-on sunglasses.

There is an opticians chain in Thailand called Better Vision. If you can locate one they will make a pair for you.

I had mine made there, used them for several months, until replacing them with sunglasses with progressive lens meant specifically for driving.

Better Vision offers much better prices than the majority of opticians who prey on foreigners.

Better Vision offers much better prices than the majority of opticians who prey on foreigners

Although that my not be saying much - In my experience chain optical shops in Thailand are not good value.  Have used several over the years.

On 3/22/2017 at 0:31 PM, lopburi3 said:

Not sure if you consider our recommendations of mail order less than serious in other such threads but it really seems to me to be the best choice if price is a concern.  Have used Zenni several times and have always been happy with results.

But you topic title is a bit strange as normally reading glasses are single prescription and cheaply available at any supermarket/drug store or street seller here and not sure who would want to read with sunglasses.  But with a place like Zenni you can make your own choices.   If you want distance/reading you also have option of progressive lens - which I find good for general use.  I used clip-on sunglasses.

Another vote for Zenni. Very good selection and service.

On 03/25/2017 at 4:59 PM, lopburi3 said:

Although that my not be saying much - In my experience chain optical shops in Thailand are not good value.  Have used several over the years.

That has not been my experience. The most outrageous prices have been quoted to me by independent opticians.

However I have experience of only one store in the chain I suggested. So I don't know what other stores may be charging.

Anyone seeking to buy glasses should do some legwork. More so if they are high powered ones. I found a ridiculous amount of difference in the price.

As for online, no I will never order glasses online.