Five dead, at least 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack

webfact

3 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Muslims loved to join the march against Trump. But they never march against Islamic terror.

1 minute ago, Kevbo said:

So why don't we hear your Muslim "friends" come out and condemn this kind of atrocity ? The silence is deafening

They have and they did and it has been pointed out numerous times, but people like you still choose to ignore it!

So what's the point?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islamic extremists with their beliefs, barbaric religious and cultural practices, hate all non-Muslims. They seek world domination, conversion, enslavement or death for unbelievers, it is fully rational to be alarmed about this.

I know of no other religion that expressly tells someone to go out and kill someone because they are not of our faith. If you do. Please elaborate. 

The Catholic Church killed millions during their conquests : The Americas, Africa, I guess it was not their intention. Google the Albigensian crusade (1209-1229) ordered by pope Innoncent III.

An unknown crime by most Catholics.

When I was 11 I had to follow lessons for my "consecration?" Into the Catholic Church. The little booklet "Catechismus" we needed to learn by memory was full of rubbish from page 1 on.

I did read other religious books on my younger years, also the Koran.

All are full of rubbish.

It is sad that 5 or 6 billion people are brainwashed into criminal fairy tales as of birth onwards.

Here lays the essence of human stupidity.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, stander said:

Islamic extremists with their beliefs, barbaric religious and cultural practices, hate all non-Muslims. They seek world domination, conversion, enslavement or death for unbelievers, it is fully rational to be alarmed about this.

This so called 'open' society is not woking more.  Perhaps the country need to invoke their own section '44' to weed out all those that are not aligned to British values. 

1 hour ago, kowpot said:

I know of no other religion that expressly tells someone to go out and kill someone because they are not of our faith. If you do. Please elaborate. 

Certainly Kowpot--without trying to be impolite, your knowledge of history is a might sketchy--- this whole Christian/ Muslim thing started off as a war, it was called the crusades--you may of heard of it.

Catholics Vs Protestant's heard anything about that one--- 

King Henry the 8th starting a new religion C of E -causing a civil war...heard anything about that.

Pakistan / India (it was one country remember) --torn apart by religious differences)

The Thirty Years' War  It was one of the longest and most destructive conflicts in European history,[15] as well as the deadliest European religious war, resulting in eight million casualties. ---Wikipedia

Honestly Kowpot through out history MORE wars are started about religion then any other cause. Please do yourself a favour try Google now and again

And all the time the Bishops...Priests--Raabi 's --Inman's all stand around saying God is on your side...............:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

I'm as mad as anyone and also at what the bleeding heart liberals + Merkel have done to Europe in general in inviting in un-vetted Muslims. But it needs cool heads as to how to carry on in the UK. You can't go around curtailing ordinary Muslims, closing mosques etc etc, because all that will do is create resentment and invite infinitely more attacks. British born & bred Muslims are there to stay.

UK police and anti-terror are right on the money, having thwarted loads of attacks in recent times. The best one can do is to carry on as normal... but to severely punish IS returning 'tourists', any hate speech and continue to go after the radicals, along with not letting in hordes of the recent EU arrivals from wherever.

Edited by daveAustin

1 minute ago, stander said:

The extremists hate their own too, if they don't think like them...We all know it is time for the religion to take these folk on, but it ain't going to happen.....Why, because non believers are just that...

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

My condolences to the deceased and the injured. There is no place in civil society for the actions that occur in many countries around the World especially in the name of religion.

I know of no religion that condones killing in the name of religion or as a way to spread a particular religion and that includes Islam. There is nothing in the Koran that states infidels should be killed nor in the Bible; the Jewish Scriptures or the teachings of Buddha.

Islam is now under attack because a group of radicals who are misinterpreting the Koran and its teachings are terrorising the World and one reason they are getting away with it is that Governments are allowing some of  it to exist. Any institution such as mosques; churches etc that espouse terrorism or violence should immediately be closed and the preachers jailed or deported if not citizens of the country they are in.  

So called no go zones in which radicals control access and harass citizens need to be heavily policed and arrests made.

Any citizen or permanent resident who goes abroad and fights for a terrorist group and then returns should be deported if a non citizen or arrested and tried in court if a citizen.

There is plenty that can be done to stop this scourge without banning people because of their religion because the majority of Muslims are actually quite peaceful.

"the majority of Muslims are actually quite peaceful."  Yes, and the moon is a yellow cheese.

Just curious here, but it seems "Muslims" were very vocal and paraded with boards and banners over the travel issue implemented in the USA. I dont ever recall any such outrage or demonstrations when Muslims carry out this kind of attack, I have heard others "say" that they condemn it but why dont they demonstrate there opinion in the same way as they do when something opposes what they want or they believe is wrong ? 

1 minute ago, Black Ops said:

Just curious here, but it seems "Muslims" were very vocal and paraded with boards and banners over the travel issue implemented in the USA. I dont ever recall any such outrage or demonstrations when Muslims carry out this kind of attack, I have heard others "say" that they condemn it but why dont they demonstrate there opinion in the same way as they do when something opposes what they want or they believe is wrong ? 

Perhaps they may get whacked by their own for doing such a thing.....:whistling:

2 minutes ago, Black Ops said:

Will "moderate" Muslims step up, will they stop hiding behind the argument that there will always be extremists as an excuse for failing to confront the problem......unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Black Ops said:

Agree but when you have a religion that won't allow criticism or even telling the truth about the 'chosen one'. Just look at what happened to those who put cartoons of various religious people in a magazine. They were butchered. The likelihood of them marching over Westminster Bridge in disgust is highly improbable.

16 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

No response to your insolent and insensitive remarks about the Mayor of London? Keep diverting.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39361079

BTW: I'm a Brexiter with no particular view on SK other than he appears to be doing a good job-Not that i've looked particularly hard.

Meanwhile, back on topic 7 arrests have been made...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39363297

Edited by evadgib

Just now, stander said:

Will "moderate" Muslims step up, will they stop hiding behind the argument that there will always be extremists as an excuse for failing to confront the problem......unlikely.

We've been through this already with an earlier comment that ordinary Moslems may be the reason why other threats have been thwarted by the authorities.

Seems to me they are always bleating about what "they" want and being part of the community, yet when that same community they claim to be so part of, and intergrated with is attacked, they do nothing to show solidarity with that same community, no, all is silent.

Edited by Black Ops

Do not know if it has been reported hear yet.

Police have already raided 6 addresses, at least one in Birmingham with seven arrests.

The car was hired in Solihull (Borough, East of Birmingham).

Police believe he was a loner inspired by international terrorism.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Correct, nobody wants a war. Just be less welcoming than previously. What do you suggest?

Of course I am not advocating a war. But I certainly do not believe that a pogrom against the Islamic community will provide a solution either.

3 hours ago, dcpo said:

How do you know that? Intelligence services have foiled several plots. How do you know they don't get information from within the Muslim community?

They're not actually silent though. I mean, it's pretty easy to find public statements by Muslim organizations and individuals condemning attacks. You must try hard to avoid seeing them, or just filter them out subconsciously. Do you want Muslims to contact you personally? When was the last time you made a public statement condemning something bad done by people superficially in your 'group' anyway? How many Catholics publicly condemned the terrorist attacks by the IRA back in the day? How many US citizens make public statements condemning the deaths of civilians in military operations?   

I haven't seen any letters in the newspapers from Muslims condemning these atrocities, or perhaps this fascist "religion" doesn't allow them to read infidel propaganda ?

13 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Oops, must stay on topic. Slap wrists. Back on topic, latest news is there's been several arrests in Birmingham. So much for lone wolf earlier reports.

So a man driving his car into people and then charging forward with a knife is not a 'lone wolf'?

It seems more than likely that he was 'in touch' with other like-minded people - but he was still a lone wolf in this attack.

59 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Certainly Kowpot--without trying to be impolite, your knowledge of history is a might sketchy--- this whole Christian/ Muslim thing started off as a war, it was called the crusades--you may of heard of it.

Catholics Vs Protestant's heard anything about that one--- 

King Henry the 8th starting a new religion C of E -causing a civil war...heard anything about that.

Pakistan / India (it was one country remember) --torn apart by religious differences)

The Thirty Years' War  It was one of the longest and most destructive conflicts in European history,[15] as well as the deadliest European religious war, resulting in eight million casualties. ---Wikipedia

Honestly Kowpot through out history MORE wars are started about religion then any other cause. Please do yourself a favour try Google now and again

And all the time the Bishops...Priests--Raabi 's --Inman's all stand around saying God is on your side...............:coffee1:

I don't think you quite understood what I was saying. First , you are correct about the crusades. I concur. But, that was not something preached in churches to go out and kill someone. While it was religious persecution, it was also because Islam took over Jerusalem.  

The first of the Crusades began in 1095, when armies of Christians from Western Europe responded to Pope Urban II’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the Holy Land. After the First Crusade achieved its goal with the capture of Jerusalem in 1099, the invading Christians set up several Latin Christian states, even as Muslims in the region vowed to wage holy war (jihad) to regain control over the region

What I was saying is. If let's say a Christian church service or Jewish Temple or Buddhist for that matter. The people are not being told to go out and kill someone of another faith.  But in mosque, at least in the U.S. it is being preached. 

Edited by kowpot

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

So a man driving his car into people and then charging forward with a knife is not a 'lone wolf'?

It seems more than likely that he was 'in touch' with other like-minded people - but he was still a lone wolf in this attack.

He was, but the only one with balls to do it.............UK secret service will look at loads of computers to see what has been written......Those with no balls will be in deep doo doo where they can talk a lot in there spare time.....Sadly bacon sarnys are basic breakfast fare in their future  chat place..

26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Of course I am not advocating a war. But I certainly do not believe that a pogrom against the Islamic community will provide a solution either.

I don't think the measures I suggest amount to a pogrom! Just making the UK a little less attractive for Muslims