Five dead, at least 40 injured in UK parliament 'terrorist' attack

webfact

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

You are correct of course that in the last 20 years Islamic terrorism has become a huge problem , but extreme Nationalism is not the answer. What I cant stomach is the huge hypocrisy displayed by so many. Be honest , did you make a fuss about the wholesale rape and murder of tens of thousands of Muslims by Christian Serbs and Croats during the Bosnian genocide not so long ago ?

I can't comment on what I know nothing about, but I do know that when it comes to atrocities, Christians were not exactly innocent. Was the British Empire not made up of mostly Christians, and look at the atrocities they caused.

This is now going off topic so maybe we should just leave it there, and agree that in todays world, the biggest problem is Islamic terrorism., and it has to be stopped.

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

This is being reported by all the major news media:-

EUROPE

'Islamic State' claims responsibility for London attack

The militant "Islamic State" has claimed that the attacker behind the rampage outside Britain's parliament was one of its "soldiers." Four people were killed - including the assailant - and another 29 are in hospital.

How many Islamic State terrorists is there in London right now?

My guess is between 5.000-10.000.

What are MI5 doing about the terror threats in the future? 

This is being reported by all the major news media:-
EUROPE
'Islamic State' claims responsibility for London attack
The militant "Islamic State" has claimed that the attacker behind the rampage outside Britain's parliament was one of its "soldiers." Four people were killed - including the assailant - and another 29 are in hospital.

Yes, of course they are. Totally meaningless imo.

sent using Tapatalk

My guess is about 0. Totally meaningless post.

sent using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

You are correct of course that in the last 20 years Islamic terrorism has become a huge problem , but extreme Nationalism is not the answer. What I cant stomach is the huge hypocrisy displayed by so many. Be honest , did you make a fuss about the wholesale rape and murder of tens of thousands of Muslims by Christian Serbs and Croats during the Bosnian genocide not so long ago ?

Yes, I did

But since then, and as I found out more about Muslim customs and social mores, I have become anti Muslim. I don't want pogroms but I want see far less of them in Europe. It's their own fault...

8 minutes ago, bander said:

Even if your guess is correct, that leaves kind of a sticky question about how to treat the other 2,690,000-2,695,000 Muslims in the UK who are just living life like you and me.

Even stickier now that CNN is saying the guy was born in Britain.

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I can't comment on what I know nothing about, but I do know that when it comes to atrocities, Christians were not exactly innocent. Was the British Empire not made up of mostly Christians, and look at the atrocities they caused.

This is now going off topic so maybe we should just leave it there, and agree that in todays world, the biggest problem is Islamic terrorism., and it has to be stopped.

India, the jewel in the crown

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Even if you'r guess is correct, that leaves kind of a sticky question about how to treat the 2,690,000-2,695,000 Muslims in the UK who are just living life like you and me.

Even stickier now that CNN is saying the guy was born in Britain.

If they living like you and me they don't need Islam, ban all religion who encourage killing and terror.

7 minutes ago, bander said:

If they living like you and me they don't need Islam, ban all religion who encourage killing and terror.

I kind of like the freedom to practice the religion that I choose.  For me, that's none.  But I don't begrudge the next guy the same right to choose (or not).  And for a KKK member, that's Southern Baptist and for a Colombian drug lord, that's Catholicism.  And neither of them behave badly because of the religion they chose.  They're abominable human beings that happen to practice those religions.

There have been thousands of deadly Islamist terrorist attacks since 9/11 and our ruling class tells us that we need to be tolerant and import more Muslims. Western governments refuse to protect their citizens, they support the main sponsor Saudi Arabia.

34 minutes ago, stander said:

People are out of their minds if they think they can ignore the unrelenting push for domination by Islamists. I believe that in the war against Islamic fundamentalists not going far enough puts us at much greater risk than going too far

I am all for extreme measures to eliminate Islamist terrorism , keeping ordinary Muslims onside is a key part of this.

5 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I am all for extreme measures to eliminate Islamist terrorism , keeping ordinary Muslims onside is a key part of this.

What is your grand plan for separating ordinary Muslims from extremist Muslims?  :coffee1:

6 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

You also have the factor of people being scared to speak out. There was recently the case of moderate Rochdale Imam Jalal Uddin, who was brutally murdered by extremists because he was counselling the local muslim community to avoid the lure of muslim extremism. It's my understanding that one of the ringleaders of the Rotheram paedo ring is a local mafia figure.

Maybe the Yorkshiremen on here should organise an outing? Just a thought!

2 minutes ago, manarak said:

that's just western countries right?

it doesn't include boko haram, civil wars in Africa, all the dead in Syria, ...

It's global terror committed by Islamist, not included boko haram and civil wars.   

Islam will continue to be a danger as long as their clerics maintain their stance that the Q'uran (or whatever it is spelled liked) are the exact words of Allah.

The Bible has been amended several times until it finally became the mostly inoffensive piece of fantasy it is now. They need to do the same and amend the Q'uran.

10 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

There was recently the case of moderate Rochdale Imam Jalal Uddin, who was brutally murdered by extremists because he was counselling the local muslim community to avoid the lure of muslim extremism

No.

Rochdale imam 'murdered by Isil supporters for practising black magic'

Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, 22, and Mohammed Abdul Kadir, 24, are said to have targeted Mr Uddin when they discovered last year that he practised Ruqya healing.

A more detailed report:  Jalal Uddin murder: Why did a Muslim student help kill an imam?

Not that this excuses or condones the murder in any way.

The Pope had to be forcibly deprived of his armies and torture dungeons in 1870, after which the Roman Church caught up with the Protestants who had been separated from political power and its temptations. Only Muslims who renounce force should be accepted.
The rest must be fought. 

Very true,and when Muslims sexually assault 1400 young vulnerable girls in Rotherham. Again there was no demonstration by the Muslim community. Yet surprisingly when the local council brought in a by- law, making Taxi drivers install CCTV in their vehicles( many of the Muslim perpetrators were taxi drivers,who used their business as an introduction to these girls)  Surprise,surprise, the local Muslim came out and demonstrated against the implementation of this by-law.

No, very untrue.

sent using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, manarak said:

Islam will continue to be a danger as long as their clerics maintain their stance that the Q'uran (or whatever it is spelled liked) are the exact words of Allah.

The Bible has been amended several times until it finally became the mostly inoffensive piece of fantasy it is now. They need to do the same and amend the Q'uran.

It is obvious you have never read either book.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Of course it wont!

But why do people like you demand innocent Muslims demonstrate against crimes committed by their fellow religionists, but never make the same demand of others?

Well, yes...the loony fringe is just that: a tiny minority. 

7 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Here's one about a thug who murdered his wife in fron of their young kids because she wouldn't let him join ISIS. Repulsive. In court today.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-23/melbourne-man-wife-killed-over-decision-join-is-court-document/8381350

Appalling events such as this make the news because they are rare.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Of course it wont!

But why do people like you demand innocent Muslims demonstrate against crimes committed by their fellow religionists, but never make the same demand of others?

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Of course it wont!

I demand equal justice.  But, that doesn't always happen.  It's no excuse for letting the next bad guy off the hook.

BTW:  I'm more concerned about 'innocent' Muslims that publicly demonstrate their joy with terrorist events.

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

So Stander, how many times have Muslims attacked you, and how many times have you attacked them (apart from about 50 times on this thread).

The pen is mightier than swords, guns, suicide bombs and terror attacks.

Archived