Prayut joins clean-up of mosquitoes at Government House

snoop1130

Prayut joins clean-up of mosquitoes at Government House

By The Nation

4570f7e8d33883cf8d0b936a49236a4e-sld.jpeg

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha took part in an effort to get rid of mosquito breeding grounds at Government House on Wednesday. 

The move is aimed at eliminating mosquito larvae to prevent dengue fever. 

Prayut and Public Health Minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn led public health officials to inspect areas inside Government House that have served as pits for mosquito eggs, including sewer lines and lotus basins. 

Officials sprinkled mosquito powder and released fish into lotus basins to eat mosquito larvae. 

Since the beginning of this year, the Ministry of Interior and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration have reported 6,539 cases of dengue fever and seven deaths. 

The mosquito clean-up was held before Prayut's exercise initiative, which takes place every Wednesday. Due to the hot weather exercises were held indoors and rescheduled from 3pm to 4pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30310052

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-23

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Every Thai that I know knows that the lotus bowls need "mosquito fish", evidently something missing from our illustrious "buy two get one free" leader's education.

Not every Thai...and even less know about that mosquitopowder or where to buy it.

I just discovered a bowl of water in my neighbours garden, without fish because the bowl dries up sometimes. Another neighbour with a fountain also didn't have fish so i gave mine to them.

16 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Where would Thailand be without him?

With elections on the "distant" horizon keep that thought in mind. Abbhist his protege is starting to come on like gangbusters. He takes pot shots at the PM from time to time to make it all look legit but the handwriting is on the wall so to speak. It will look like the passing of the baton.

Photo op at Lotus Bowl :clap2:

Talks about mosquitoes to make them all forget about submarines 

And the flashlights in the lotus bowl.... 5555555, I think i pee'd a little 

Edited by CantSpell

You would think that all the centuries that Thai people have lived with this problem that they would have fixed it by now. I mean come on, they have the money, supposedly they have the technology and the intelligence ( hahaha) sorry. This is not a new problem and should have been dealt with by now. We the farang come along with ideas to help fix the problem but we are rebuffed as the idea did not come from a Thai persons little melon-head. So sad that pride is the biggest downfall of Thailand, especially when I wonder what they are so proud of.

8 minutes ago, chowny77 said:

I mean come on, they have the money, supposedly they have the technology and the intelligence ( hahaha) sorry. 

And the FLASHLIGHTS :cheesy::cheesy:

I can't stop looking at that OP photo lol, It is totally epic...

The Ministry of prop did a real good job...

Sir, we cannot take a pictures of you four around that bowl, you'd look like nutters...

We need some props: flashlights Sir.. :clap2:

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

With elections on the "distant" horizon keep that thought in mind. Abbhist his protege is starting to come on like gangbusters. He takes pot shots at the PM from time to time to make it all look legit but the handwriting is on the wall so to speak. It will look like the passing of the baton.

Abhisit is an intelligent, well educated man, who probably had good intentions, but was in so far over his head as PM, he got virtually nothing done last time around, and got the country into alot of trouble. Thailand can do alot better than him hopefully. He was incapable of any positive change or reform. 

One can only hope Little P. moves on very soon. He is a horrific leader, with no vision whatsoever, and no follow through on his daily crackdowns. Now, he is cracking down on mosquitos!

How about a can of Raid? It is surprisingly effective. 

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Do U think so?

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Abhisit is an intelligent, well educated man, who probably had good intentions, but was in so far over his head as PM, he got virtually nothing done last time around, and got the country into alot of trouble. Thailand can do alot better than him hopefully. He was incapable of any positive change or reform. 

One can only hope Little P. moves on very soon. He is a horrific leader, with no vision whatsoever, and no follow through on his daily crackdowns. Now, he is cracking down on mosquitos!

While in the chair I think most of his valuable time was spent beating back the continual onslaught of you know who and his band of riff-raff. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Tylenol time again just makin to much sense.