leave a key of your conto with the juristic person?

It would often make my life easier if I could leave a key do my condo to the juristic person to give access to craftsmen, family and friends etc.

• Would you do so?
  • Is this common?
  • Are there established procedures as for example announcing visitors, checking and documenting the identity
  • How to compensate the efforts?

Thank your for your feedback.

It's a condo not a serviced apartment. It's not the job of condo management to handle your visitors or tradesman,  they are paid by all co-owners to manage the common area of the property.  If they start being allowed or are encouraged by co-owners to start helping with units it's a slippery slope to get on. It's much easier to just not allow it all.

I believe it's a good idea to leave keys with management in case of emergency anyway.

Leaving keys with the front office is fairly common in my building, especially for rental units which contain little of any value.

Would I do it? Not in a million years.

Another option might be to fit a push-button combination lock on the door.

Depends on the management, In my condo block, they hold a key for emergencies. I have heard stories of other blocks holding a key and renting the condo out when they know owner is away.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Depends on the management, In my condo block, they hold a key for emergencies. I have heard stories of other blocks holding a key and renting the condo out when they know owner is away.

What emergency would there be that requires your keys? Turn off the mains of water and electricity during periods of prolonged absence.

In case of fire, they would axed through your door if needed.

I distrust paid employees using or illegally letting out my units should I leave my keys with them.

1 minute ago, trogers said:

What emergency would there be that requires your keys? Turn off the mains of water and electricity during periods of prolonged absence.

I distrust paid employees using or illegally letting out my units should I leave my keys with them.

The emergency I am talking about is me locking myself out, lol. I was going to put a spare key under a pot plant but they wont let me have a pot plant in the hall.

An unattended condo needs some sort of caretaker, the water in the S traps eventually evaporates and sewer smells can enter condos/corridors etc and birds/rats can start nesting on balcony, blocked drain on a balcony water pooling and mosquitoes etc. Not an emergency as such but health and safety.

47 minutes ago, trogers said:

Water leaking from the unit above yours into your unit, fire detector testing or faults etc