continuos aluminum gutters and where to buy

nervona81732

9 hours ago, nervona81732 said:

I live in Issan ( Ubon area ) I want to purchase continuos aluminum gutters , have had galvanized and plastic. No good. Is there a contractor available I can buy these from i.e. bring his operation to my home a custom fit? 

Don`t know if you have noticed, but this is the Chiang Mai forum.

just adding that when I was swinging a hammer here in the USA building houses, we had a guy that came out with his van, and the little rig where he fed in the rolled aluminum and out came the gutters to any length.  Quick and easy and not complicated at all.  The gutters were up all around the house in not time at all.  If that doesn't exist out there, I suggest it might be something to start up.

Ubonjoe, thank you for not being rude. I have dysfunctional plastic gutters. If you have any idea where someone may be available would help immensely. The plastic gutters are too heavy and too many joints and siliconed which deteriorates in the heat. I have a mess here.As k10002000 stated continuous are the way to go. Don't understand why they are not available even considering this is Thailand. Thank you. Strike cyberfarang's comment. He must be an isolationist or his head up his rear.

I have looked but cannot find which is a shame - I used to make the aluminium corners etc for a company offering extruded gutters in the UK.

The actual machine a just a set of rollers that form the gutter from a coil of aluminium - the only tricky part is the setting up of the forming rollers initially.

The forming machine was bought from the US as it was not heard of in the UK at the time - the problem here would be sourcing the aluminium coils.

The problem is import and customs duties, The machine is about 4000 dollars us. the rolls of flat stock are not expensive, my friend has a gutter business back home. By the time you pay for the import and customs on machine and materials no one is going to buy it as they will just buy the cheap galvanized/plastic crap everyone sells here. Like everything else here import and customs duties kills any quality products from being sold.

Archived