Have you ever met a famous person?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah...I was workin' inna garage in west LA in the late 70s and the actress Marsha Mason sent her car down to be serviced, a merc 300SL, little ragtop sporty number, and I was told to deliver it up to her house in Bel Air where she lived with the playwright Neil Simon...as I was driving along I noticed that there was a tape in the tape deck and pressed play and it was a recording of her singing scales, probably in preparation fer an upcoming project where she hadta sing...

and I thought: 'hey, she's dedicated...' and then we got up to her house which was a simple ranch style house but secluded on huge acreage and my workmate then drove us back to the shop...

I quite liked her in The goodbye girl and in Cinderella Liberty that I saw later on TV...but in those days my heart belonged to Liv Ullman...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

^^ Liv: 'now tutsi, I know that you would like to have wild and perverted sex with me to which I give my consent but to listen to Marsha's personal tape in her personal car is unconscionable...'

and then tutsi hangs his head with lower lip protruding and mumbles: 'aw, hell...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior

1 hour ago, tutsiwarrior said:

^^ Liv: 'now tutsi, I know that you would like to have wild and perverted sex with me to which I give my consent but to listen to Marsha's personal tape in her personal car is unconscionable...'

and then tutsi hangs his head with lower lip protruding and mumbles: 'aw, hell...'

If I remember correctly, didn't Janis Joplin "get lucky" with Tutsi once upon a time? Seems like I remember that rumor from the olden days on Thai Visa. 

Edited by Ulysses G.

5 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

If I remember correctly, didn't Janis Joplin "get lucky" with Tutsi once upon a time? Seems like I remember that rumor from the olden days on Thai Visa. 

yeah UG...see my post #13...good 'ol Janis...even though I was wasted on red wine and weed I felt the presence of royalty...

8 hours ago, musiclover said:

Met Paul McCartney in Ad Lib club in Leicester Sq, ...Jimmy Hendrix in Speakeasy

and John Lennon in Scotch of st James.

Um and J.Beck and J.Page....just musos...lol

I am VERY impressed. I have met many celebrities through working in luxury hotels but - other than Mohamed Ali - none as famous as those. Also, I am a big Beatles fan and Led Zeppelin too. Jimmy Hendrix was never a favorite, but still pretty cool.  :jap:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Michael Hutchene from INXS , he was dating a good friend of mine so we got back passes to all the concerts we could go to. Didn't like him, he was stuck up and right into the 'I'm so cool' attitude. Remember a concert they did up from Sydney at One Mile Beach that was a beauty, hot summer weekend party into the night and what an atmosphere.

Ace memories those. Through that crowd met Jimmy Barnes. Going back a few years now and Michael is dead but what a time in life.

Cold Chisel Jimmy if you don't know. Used to go and hang out in the recording room one of the best songs is this imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJJV1nruUUA

Edited by Minnie the Minx

15 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I am VERY impressed. I have met many celebrities through working in luxury hotels but - other than Mohamed Ali - none as famous as those. Also, I am a big Beatles fan and Led Zeppelin too. Jimmy Hendrix was never a favorite, but still pretty cool.  :jap:

I met the first 3 but no furthe contacts. However I met and talked with JP many times....and still remember the day when he told me he was starting a group..Led Zeppelin...never saw him again after that...lol.       Played with Beck....and Ginger Baker, JP Jones and Bonham....Reg Dwight, Les Charles,Alvin Stardust (Peter SHELLEY singing)

Bob Dylan ....stayed at my house 1 night with his new Gf ...and a few others 

These are all good memories but have bugger all to do with my life here...lol

I did meet Howard Jones ones in a pub, if you remember the 80's star . When I studied in London . It was 1982-83 and he was about to make it big . I can't remember the pub but it was near Green Park .

Many years ago took Earl Mountbatten for a ride on a very fast RN patrol boat, later met Prince Philip and Prince Charles, you do meet a nicer group of people in the RN.

My career in Australia was events and exhibitions and meeting lots of big fish in a little pond was normal, most were pleasant but some had a distinct problem, no names but I am sure any Australian would be able to recall the worst.

The most surprising was Bob Hawke, ex PM of Australia, terrific chap when politics not involved, great dinner companion.

many rainy seasons ago when boarding British Airways BOM-FRA-LHR some chap in a red overall (no shirt) blocked the path to my seat, only reluctantly gave way and then took his seat in front of me. later i asked the hostess whether BA lets any half-naked punk fly first. she only smiled and did not answer. again years later i watched TV and saw the punk singing and wiggling his skinny arse. asking my wife "who?" she told me "Rod Stewart, famous rock star!" 

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

many rainy seasons ago when boarding British Airways BOM-FRA-LHR some chap in a red overall (no shirt) blocked the path to my seat, only reluctantly gave way and then took his seat in front of me. later i asked the hostess whether BA lets any half-naked punk fly first. she only smiled and did not answer. again years later i watched TV and saw the punk singing and wiggling his skinny arse. asking my wife "who?" she told me "Rod Stewart, famous rock star!" 

Surely not in cattle class.....?    :sad: