Retox dark side

NanLaew

I drove past a brand new Retox on SSCC, right hand side headed towards Mabprachan before the last turn where the highway 7 extension strikes north-south. Maybe mentioned earlier or on other forums but it looks like it may have just opened today and there was already customers inside.

Edited by NanLaew
sp

I don't do FB either. I guess I will bite the bullet and hit it sometime next week.

The baht buster is the loss leader at the original Retox and not offered at their Soi Honey location either. I guess doing that elsewhere would be economic suicide. Either way, it's nice to see a new place opening over on the dark side, especially in (whatever passes for) low season and more especially on SSCC where I would wager the never-ending road works have killed a fair few acceptable dining and shopping venues.

Not been in since it became Retox Darkside, did go a couple of times when it was O'Neill's 

Heard differing reports about it, some good, some bad, their daily specials do look to be good value for money and if you are an afternoon drinker, then the prices on the draught beer and cider are keen up till 5pm.

http://retoxdarkside.com/ 

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I don't do FB either. I guess I will bite the bullet and hit it sometime next week.

The baht buster is the loss leader at the original Retox and not offered at their Soi Honey location either. I guess doing that elsewhere would be economic suicide. Either way, it's nice to see a new place opening over on the dark side, especially in (whatever passes for) low season and more especially on SSCC where I would wager the never-ending road works have killed a fair few acceptable dining and shopping venues.

The owner said on the radio recently that the ฿-Buster breakfast is not a loss leader but that margins are that narrow that they need to sell well over 100 to make it worthwhile. Lengkee is the only location that has a chance at that volume.

3 hours ago, pegman said:

The owner said on the radio recently that the ฿-Buster breakfast is not a loss leader but that margins are that narrow that they need to sell well over 100 to make it worthwhile. Lengkee is the only location that has a chance at that volume.

I also heard that broadcast which I found interesting and which made sense. I also note that the owner is looking for investors to allow him to expand further. I've been to two of his outlets and both function well. Not 5-star food by any stretch of the imagination, but that isn't what he's selling.

I dont think that he loses money on that breakfast.

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

their daily specials do look to be good value for money

At one point a couple of weeks ago the darkside location was doing cod and chips as a special, at a price that anywhere else just gets you Pacific Dory (panga). Had I known about it at the time I would have gone there and tried it, but I was too late.

They normally post the special of the day on the Retox Darksite Facebook site in the mornings, so worth checking that out if in the area and looking to eat, they were doing ridiculously cheap ones the first week at 99 THB, though this was to gauge the customer base apparently, last week's specials were 149 THB, except Friday's which was Cod & Chips at 199 THB.