Bikers heading to Phuket

rooster59

Bikers heading to Phuket

By The Sunday Nation

Phuket and the Tourism Authority of Thailand will organise the 23rd Phuket Bike Week 2017 World Ride Together next month when 5,000 big bike riders are expected to turn out with their motorcycles.

The event was announced at a press conference on Friday, which was chaired by Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan. The fair will be held from April 14 to 16 at the Loma Park at Patong Beach in Kathu district.

Meechai Nawin, president of the Phuket Bike Week Association, said the fair is aimed at allowing big bike lovers to gather to share experiences and forge friendship. He said the fair could draw some 30,000 visitors.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310287

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-26

50 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

In The US last year over 600,000 bikers went to Sturgis South Dakota for the annual Bike Week there. You can bet that were no "scooters" in Sturgis, as some in phuket will be.

,,,,and?......

Been to Sturgis, great time,saw mount Rushmore and had breakfast in "Mikes road kill cafe" fabulous time. Saw Steve Tyler, Bruce willis, and Jeff Bridges on a minstrals gallery in one of the bars there. Wouldnt have missed it for the world.

Loved South Dakota and the Lakota Indian store, the cafe that was the fire station, fabulous place.

16 hours ago, sanukjim said:

In The US last year over 600,000 bikers went to Sturgis South Dakota for the annual Bike Week there. You can bet that were no "scooters" in Sturgis, as some in phuket will be.

Americans are more "men" than those in Phuket is what you must (mistakenly) mean, yes?

15 hours ago, matador007 said:

Who picked these dates ?

Does this not fall directly during Songkran ?  Big Bikes will be getting a free wash I guess.

Also during most dangerous time to ride ?

<shakes head>

Wouldn't want the little angels to get wet now would we?

21 hours ago, matador007 said:

Does this not fall directly during Songkran ?  Big Bikes will be getting a free wash I guess.

One or two of them get killed every year anyway. Put enough of these bikes together in one place and they have to start proving themselves against each other.

The Malaysians who come up for the event have a bad record.

23 hours ago, matador007 said:

Who picked these dates ?

<shakes head>

two years ago I rode by bike from Hua Hin to Korat during Songkran.

It was crazy traffic but not so bad once you stash your bike at the hotel.

The key is to arrive just before the madness starts.

I am going to the Phuket Bike week from Hua Hin. It is not for everyone. Helps when you have a Thai girlfriend on the back of your bike.

Edited by NCC1701A