Revenue Department calls Thaksin to acknowledge and pay 17 billion baht in tax and fine assessment today

webfact

Revenue Department calls Thaksin to acknowledge and pay 17 billion baht in tax and fine assessment today

213THaksin.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Revenue Department has now assessed the capital gain tax and fines that the former premier Thaksin Shinawatra has to pay for the sale of Shin Corporation shares, now renamed Intouch Holdings Plc, in 2006 at 17 billion baht.

The department has officially notified Thaksin or his representative to hear and acknowledge the assessed tax and fine at the revenue office today at 10.30 am.

Thaksin or his representative could contend the department’s tax and fine assessment and appeal.

An appeal committee will be appointed to consider his appeal.

The tax was assessed from the capital gains the former premier obtained from the sale of 49.6 percent stake in Shin Corporation to two nominees of Temasek Holding (Cedar Holdings and Aspen Holdings) on January 2006. Thaksin family netted about 73 billion baht (about US$1.88 billion).

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/revenue-department-calls-thaksin-acknowledge-pay-17-billion-baht-tax-fine-assessment-today/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-27

well .....  well  ......   well   .....       I'll be damned  ......   :clap2:

I did mention something along these lines in my previous post and I was correct  .....    tax evasion ..........

chainarong

On 3/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, steven100 said:

so that's how the Shinawatra's built their billions of baht in off shore accounts ....

and not forgetting a failed and dubious rice scam that cost the thais million upon millions also ....

I think many like me are so relieved that Khun Prayuth Chan-O-Cha is in charge.

And he will keep going after the billions taken from thais .....

I'm not a fan of Thaksin Shinawattra but just to set the record straight , Thaksin Shinawattra had a massive electronics'  company Shin Corp, even the government of Oz and other nations used there teleco satellites and communication gear, the Shins are old Chinese family that go way back , Thaksin had made his money long before he entered politics', he sold Shin Corp to a Singapore company associated with the Singapore Government.

And where is ....    whatawonderfulday    ..   ?      nothing to say    !!    hmmmm     thought so ...... 

wheres all the Thaksin farang supporters now   .......     hiding under rocks I guess  ....:cheesy:

Wow  !     17 Billion baht will buy a lot of Junta votes   .....

And this Chainarong.

Posted by steven100 :   30.03.17

just to set the record straight ....  I have lived in Thailand for 20+ years,  i have many close friends in very high influential places.  When Thaksin sold his Shin Corp to the Singaporean company ... I believe there was an issue with unpaid taxes or similar ...

cannot comment on the exact occurrence ... but there was some ...  underhandedness ,

so ...  you don't know everything  ...  :shock1: lol ..

50 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Posted by steven100 :   30.03.17

just to set the record straight ....  I have lived in Thailand for 20+ years,  i have many close friends in very high influential places. 

You posted in the future?  What planet are your many close friends from?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin or his representative could contend the department’s tax and fine assessment and appeal.

An appeal committee will be appointed to consider his appeal.

This could be drawn out for years.  It also puts Mr. T in the spotlight, Gives him a forum to speak to press.  Is that such a good idea for such a weak government to play footsie with such a formidable adversary? 

Like sex in Pattaya.  They keep talking about it bringing attention to it.   

17 is about 4.3% of 73 billion...I don't know what the liable tax rate was then for that kind of transaction in Thailand at the time but that might be a bit high. I am sure Thai politicians paid less anyway through some kind legal loophole.

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

17 is about 4.3% of 73 billion...I don't know what the liable tax rate was then for that kind of transaction in Thailand at the time but that might be a bit high. I am sure Thai politicians paid less anyway through some kind legal loophole.

I thought it is over 23%. 14 billion is already 20%

QUESTION:-

How to divert attention from the sh*t your in?

ANSWER:-

Find a dead donkey to blame for all the mistakes you have made and flog it.

Move on and stop blaming the 'Bogeyman' for everything. He left a decade ago!

Thailand is the worst economically performing nation in the ASEAN community. FIX THAT FIRST!

2 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

After 11 years of coup, now people asking who is Thaksin ?

Thats how government controls the thinking of voters. They impatiently wait till the older generations who know the truth pass on. The upcoming fertile minds are ripe for planting. 

These clowns have as much chance of collecting the money as they do finding Dhammachayo, convicting the Red Bull heir, making Thai the international lingua franca or transforming Pattaya into a global mecca of virtue and purity. Zero to none. Nice of them though to visit us Earthlings from Planet Junta, Star System Denial, Galaxy Broke and Desperate. 

Talk about living in an alternate reality. Or maybe I just haven't had enough of their Kool-Aid. Seems top shelf!

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Hello mr Thaksin we want you to pay big money now, ok.

Ohh you say you not pay, ok mai pen rai, chok dee, sawadee kap.      :cheesy:

Small amount for what he netted ,73 odd billion, I think he could manage that, if he hasn't spent it already.

Poor man, being persecuted this way, may well appeal as you say.

17 hours ago, MobileContent said:

I thought it is over 23%. 14 billion is already 20%

Yes, of course you are correct...silly me:sorry:

But is that right? I didn't think anyone here paid that level of tax for anything especially as I mentioned on the other relevant thread that I read today it was tax exempt. Certainly a mucking fuddle, Ha!

how much did Thaksin actually get out of the country, either before the coup or after the coup or by transferring to others that then moved the money out of Thailand?  Any reliable accounting?  After that, I wonder if Thailand has or will file any extraditions against Thaksin, and what countries might those have some effect, either in that country or on vessels owned by those countries etc.  Any chance he can be brought back to Thailand