Thailand already is in many travel top 3's

Top 3 for white man "suicide"

Top 3 for double pricing

Top 3 for tourist scams and traps

Top 3 for fatal road accidents on rental bikes and buses

Top 3  for polluted beaches

Top 3 for police harassment

On 27.3.2017 at 5:18 PM, tso310 said:

Yes Thailand may well overtake Spain in tourist numbers but as most of these will be low quality Chinese. Its not exactly a huge money spinner. 

True.

Well, whatever you're lacking in quality you have to make up for in quantity ... or so they say.

And yes, the clowns took over long since, most definitely ... 

On 3/27/2017 at 3:06 PM, djayz said:

I'd love to know if there is a third/neutral body which collects the statistics independently? 

I learn many years ago never to trust figures/statistics I haven't manipulated myself. 

I wish the country the best of luck, but truthfully and unbiasedly, I find it hard to imagine them reaching that position. 

I first came here in 2001 and found it a great, friendly place which made me want to come back here the following year. In the mean time, I find the people employed in the hospitality sector - generally speaking that is - less and less friendly or helpful, usually have long, bored faces and are a tad annoying at times. Nowadays, I just want to take my holidays abroad. 

Ah the downfall of Caesar. Yes less friendly I agree. long bored faces their mobile batteries just died. Also wages are not keeping place with inflation (the real inflation not the under inflated numbers the governments ALL pass out) I like the part about numbers that you manipulated yourself sounds like a story there. 

On ‎27‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Deli said:

Bring the clowns in...

They've been in for a few years now. Problem is.....how to get rid of them.........they have the guns and article 44. Nothing to be done now until the country is well down the pan.....then maybe they will things get back to normal.....corruption and prosperity.

Ah Thailand the international hub of everything under the sun, the third market of the the world, what have they achieved in the world of reality, reputation for the largest brothel in the world, or perhaps the hub of sex, so much blather from these hi so guys they really are a joke,however one must admire their ability at garnering wealth.

A good start would be to give all tourists 90-days visa-free on-arrival, and then scrapping the 90-day reporting requirements for longer-stay guests, who actually live here and put a lot of money into the economy, where the multiplier-effect means that it generates even more GDP and benefit to Thais.

That would do a lot, to make Thailand appear a more-welcoming place to visit ! :cool:

And a weaker Baht would also help ! :smile:

I wonder where I should send the invoice, for my consultancy & suggestions ?  Or on second thoughts, I be happy just to see them implemented, a.s.a.p. ! :biggrin:

Edited by Ricardo

Am I alone among TV readers in thinking this is perfectly achievable? As the article stated, the Chines and Indians will be the biggest tourist group in the future and Thailand is ideally located to pick up many of these tourists. It already is.

As a consequence of this Thailand would wave goodbye to the majority of Western tourists.