UK: Can I Check-In and Get Boading Pass in Transit Area?

Hello,

I am flying to Heathrow London (Terminal 2) from BKK via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines. Once landed in London, I have another flight 90 minutes later to the Netherlands with British Airways (Terminal 4).

So knowing that I am taking two different airlines and purchased two different tickets to reach destination, I was wondering if I can check-in and get my boarding pass for the second flight in the transit area. Or, should I pass the immigration and going to the departure zone?

I've never experienced such settings, so any knowledge about that will be helpful.

Thank you

You can check this on this Heathrow website, http://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections not knowing your exact flights, I did do a check on their site based on Flying in on 30th March from KL on Malaysian Airlines (MH004), then flying out on BA (BA442) 90 minutes later, the Malaysian Flight comes in to T4 and the BA flight departs from T5, so doesn't tally up with yours?

However, it did say that 90 minutes was not enough time to make the connection safely.

Edited by Mattd
spelling

Hey guys,

Thanks a bunch for all the replies. I incorrectly posted the terminal numbers, but yes, I do land in to T4 and flight from another.

I only have a carry-on luggage, so I hope I can make it on time. I am also aware of online check-in, but does it give you a valid boarding pass or just merely a "ticket"?

Just in case, can I take the transit "way" from T4 to T5 and check-in there? As mentioned, I've never taken two different airlines while in transit, but always noticed counters there. So I'm assuming we can check-in there.