britmaveric

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm gonna show my face to add some class to the event :o

If anyone wants a lift I've got an empty truck leaving my house at a time to be confirmed, be warned though , the future ex wife's driving back which is about as much fun as unicycling blinfolded and naked over a field full of bear traps :D

Well a good night was had at a nice venue, thanks Monty, a couple of new faces and lots of regulars

Very nice facilties, good food and not too far to get too.

Also by popular vote and everyone wanting to stay away from downtown with Songkran next friday it was voted we should return to the lake again

Yes, a great night, indeed! Nice meeting Helicopter and Chaang Parp (spelling?) for the first time.

For me, living up Soi Siam Country Club I'm anyways a regular at Monty's place. For an official piss-up location everything is fine, decent music at a level that makes conversation possible, reasonable prices and good food. Only downside is the remote location about 15 km from Sukhumvit Road. Having said that, Chang Praap (tried different spelling this time...) managed to get there by public transport.

Anyways, I'll be there again tomorrow at 2 pm for the F1 race!

Yes, a great night, indeed! Nice meeting Helicopter and Chaang Parp (spelling?) for the first time.

For me, living up Soi Siam Country Club I'm anyways a regular at Monty's place. For an official piss-up location everything is fine, decent music at a level that makes conversation possible, reasonable prices and good food. Only downside is the remote location about 15 km from Sukhumvit Road. Having said that, Chang Praap (tried different spelling this time...) managed to get there by public transport.

Doubley so

What did you put in his drinks Monty?

in your case it must have been a spellchecker...congratulations to your error-free post!

...on a second thought...did someone hack your account?

A great night as others have said. It was good to put faces to the nicks.

Monty is a great host. The only critisism I have is the lack of public transport. :D I got there by baht bus motcy from Soi Bukao and the lift back to Sukomvit by Screws (?) was appreciated otherwise I would have had to stay the night there and dissapoint some one :o .

Look forward to meeting a few more members.

Thanks Monty for your hospitality. Had a great time,food, cold beer, excellent company and great surroundings.

I agree it is remote but take a leaf out of our book and stay the night. Our room was excellent! Staying the night makes for a more relaxing experience. Don't have to worry about getting home late or having to drive or arrange other transport. :o

Woke up refreshed this morning ...no hangover :D ...and had breakfast before we left to come home. Definitely two thumbs up from us. :D

I 2nd PP's suggestion of Jamesons, I have already met Kim the manager (bought a high chair off him) :o

It is a home from home, typical UK pub layout, reasonable prices, food is excellent AND more importantly they serve my Beloved John Smiths bitter as well as Kilkennys on draught for all you guys who fancy a change from Chang :D BUT at 190 TBH for a pint sized can :D you better get saving now :D

please. no home from home /bub/ football /darts type venues, . i came here from the uk to get away from them !

I would like to thank Monty and his wife for all their hospitality. I think everyone had a great time, I know I did. The food was excellent, the location has great atmosphere and good parking, the only draw back is it is about 15 km from Sukumvit Rd. which makes it a little hard to get to for non drivers. Of course if we had an official piss up there we could overcome this problem with the rental of a bus. Also, it was nice to see all the new faces.

buffalo bar ,road3, will be east to be sidetracked, but hey, this is thaiand !

I really don't know what people see in the Buffalo Bar. I went once last January. Had 3 women with me (one dancer and two waitress's). I wouldn't have traded any of the ones I was with for the best looking woman in that bar. Even the girls weren't impressed and we ended up leaving as soon as we finished our first drink.

I'd rather go to Lennies or Secrets, depending on whether it's a PissUp or a Recon. I like the Blues factory, but once the band kicks in, it's hard to hear yourself think in there.

That place we went too quite awhile back, almost directly across the street from Tiffanies, can't recall the name. It was kinda nice. Parking didn't seem to be much of a problem.

What was that place again ? Easy Riders or something ?

I really don't know what people see in the Buffalo Bar. I went once last January. Had 3 women with me (one dancer and two waitress's). I wouldn't have traded any of the ones I was with for the best looking woman in that bar. Even the girls weren't impressed and we ended up leaving as soon as we finished our first drink.

I'd rather go to Lennies or Secrets, depending on whether it's a PissUp or a Recon. I like the Blues factory, but once the band kicks in, it's hard to hear yourself think in there.

That place we went too quite awhile back, almost directly across the street from Tiffanies, can't recall the name. It was kinda nice. Parking didn't seem to be much of a problem.

What was that place again ? Easy Riders or something ?

Kerrd,

I hear what you are saying but we are reconing for a place for an official piss up which means it should be more of a family place as many people bring their wifes (I think I saw some children at the last official piss up) and want a quite place to converse and not be hasseled by BGs.

Ladies and Gents - please list suggestions to favourite spots in Patters that would be ideal for a TV pissup...

Blues Factory

Lennies

????????

A bit noisy with bg's crawling all over you, it is quieter down by the pool table though

I 2nd PP's suggestion of Jamesons, I have already met Kim the manager (bought a high chair off him) :o

It is a home from home, typical UK pub layout, reasonable prices, food is excellent AND more importantly they serve my Beloved John Smiths bitter as well as Kilkennys on draught for all you guys who fancy a change from Chang :D BUT at 190 TBH for a pint sized can :D you better get saving now :D

please. no home from home /bub/ football /darts type venues, . i came here from the uk to get away from them !

I remember posting this... god things have changed personally for me since then...

1. I don't drink John Smith (190 Baht a can I would soon be skint)

2. I agree typical UK pub layout doesnt appeal either when you are in LOS, ok in UK though

3. Anyone want to buy a high chair?

Is thre anything arranged for the evening of the 14th? Think something was mentioned last night in chat. I'm quite keen to drag the tribe out of Bangkok for a few days (and in the process liberate a few beers).

Is thre anything arranged for the evening of the 14th? Think something was mentioned last night in chat. I'm quite keen to drag the tribe out of Bangkok for a few days (and in the process liberate a few beers).

Yes, we are off back out to Montys (aka. The lake) by popular demand, and that the super soaker road show is in town so any excuse to be a long way away from beah/2nd and 3rd roads is a good one

I'll be back :o

Good to meet y'all again, finally met the fat german kurgen (whats that handle bar moustache all about and the helmet with a spike on the top) and Buriramboy

BTW the red curry and Chicken with cashew nuts tasted even better in the morning for breakfast :D

I'll be back :o

Good to meet y'all again, finally met the fat german kurgen (whats that handle bar moustache all about and the helmet with a spike on the top) and Buriramboy

BTW the red curry and Chicken with cashew nuts tasted even better in the morning for breakfast :D

Did you let the evening pass through your head the next day - aka reverse digestion?

Yes, we are off back out to Montys (aka. The lake) by popular demand, and that the super soaker road show is in town so any excuse to be a long way away from beah/2nd and 3rd roads is a good one

Roughly how far is Monty's from say, the intersection of South Pattaya Road and Sukhumvit ? I've just got my wee little 200cc Phantom, and it's not used to trips further than my place to.......well, the vicinity of Walking Street for the most part :o

(######, now I've got to read back through this thread and find the directions and info on rooms and such) :D