Moving to our home in Issan..

HuaKuaGuy88

Sawasdee to you..    We are planning a container shipping in September..  I have been following ThaiVisa for the past 30 years.. As we have had a home in Thailand since 1982.. I am/we are pretty familiar with most of the subjects and questions new folks might have..  I do apologize for not signing up earlier for the forum.. Sometimes I sure did want to add my comments .. During the Vietnam Conflict, I arrived in Thailand on 7 Dec 67.. then through many assignments via extensions  , we departed Thailand in Dec 1975.. Yep, a lot of time in Thailand..  Left a happy married man... going on 40 plus years..  One of my concerns is getting a Thai drivers license at my age (82). ?    I did have one during my military assignments in Thailand..  I do have an International Drivers and a  US drivers licenses.  Nothing more.. glad to finally be aboard..   USAF retired ...  

You will have no problem getting a Thai (2 year) DL but will have to endure the few eye tests and pretend to watch an extremely boring video. After the initial 2 years has passed, you would be eligible for a 5 year DL.
Welcome to Isaan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.

I arrived in isaan with an international driver's license and a current TEXAS drivers license. Only had to take the Eye test for color blindness. My wife and I did not have to watch any videos.  Had picture taken , paid the fee and "wah la" got my license.  Got two of them. One for a car and one for a Motor Scooter. Already had motorcycle on my U.S. license. 

I know different districts do different things. This was just my experience.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, HuaKuaGuy88 said:

Sawasdee to you..    We are planning a container shipping in September..  I have been following ThaiVisa for the past 30 years.. As we have had a home in Thailand since 1982.. I am/we are pretty familiar with most of the subjects and questions new folks might have..  I do apologize for not signing up earlier for the forum.. Sometimes I sure did want to add my comments .. During the Vietnam Conflict, I arrived in Thailand on 7 Dec 67.. then through many assignments via extensions  , we departed Thailand in Dec 1975.. Yep, a lot of time in Thailand..  Left a happy married man... going on 40 plus years..  One of my concerns is getting a Thai drivers license at my age (82). ?    I did have one during my military assignments in Thailand..  I do have an International Drivers and a  US drivers licenses.  Nothing more.. glad to finally be aboard..   USAF retired ...  

Our thanks for the quick responses..   I was concerned with the so-called age requirement...   But I am very healthy for my age.. NO medicines .. Guess I can chalk that up to the wife's great cooking...  In answer to one question...  Our soon to be retirement home is WNW of ole' Udon Thani..  Again, thanks folks.. 

Edited by HuaKuaGuy88
misspell..