Red Bull heir seen living carefree life

webfact

In fairness, it's not just the purview of the current regime.
However, public opinion carries significantly more weight with a government which must always have an eye on re-election.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

He's not being charged with killing anyone,

You don't say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-red-bull-heir-hit-and-run-20170328-story.html

Meanwhile, Vorayuth failed to show up when ordered to face criminal charges of speeding, hit-and-run, and deadly, reckless driving. Police say Vorayuth disputes the reckless-driving charge, claiming the officer swerved in front of him. The speeding charge expired after a year. The more serious charge of hit-and-run, which police say carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, expires in September.

8 hours ago, baboon said:

Thai spouses frequently have a hell of a job to set foot in the UK, but here this 'gentleman' is, living it up at Gordon Ramsey's. There's the UK for you...

I doubt the UK is concerned he will need your dole or try to seek employment there--they're not so sure about Thai wives of Brits; maybe if they were Muslims it would be different

7 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I know it's not good. But when I read about things like this, the Benz driver who killed two students, the hiso girl who killed nine while driving a car with 16, the crimes in infamous Koh Tao, and .... and ... and....

I cannot help but having fantasies of a guy like Zorro or commandos with black masks who take care of justice when the police and the courts don't

He's called Judge Dredd...

The fact that he gets into these countries when he has actually killed someone? Says a lot about society in general. The poor family of the slain policeman accepted the money as this is Thailand. They had no capacity but to accept; imagine a drawn out legal case with billions behind you v's a Honda step thru. Imagine a murder applying for a visa to enter the kingdom, or a drug dealer, or Mr T. Uproar. Sad.

A post containing content copied from another site has been removed as it was in violation of fair use policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

9 hours ago, baboon said:

It is also a loss of face for any country who let him in, let's be honest...

The usual double standards. The laws just don't apply to the mega rich. They're welcome everywhere and seemingly can do as they please.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

He's not being charged with killing anyone, the victims family dropped those charges and settled with compensation, which is normal.

That does not sound right.

I could be wrong, but I think the state must press charges in a case like this, with or without the familys blessings.

The reason is that society needs to be protected against guys like this, even if the family has forgiven him the rest of society deserves protection.

If you are correct then thai justice system is even more broken than i thought.

Basically it opens for situations where the family can arrange for a third party to kill a family member and if the third party murderer is caught he does not need to worry as long as the family doesnt press charges and thus he will not be pressured into giving up the family as the ones ordering the hit.

From my understanding what actually happend was that the case expired. Due to, you know..."scheduling problems"

1 hour ago, JAG said:

In fairness, it's not just the purview of the current regime.
However, public opinion carries significantly more weight with a government which must always have an eye on re-election.

What a joke! This shows the Thai justice system in a terrible light.

Now, what exactly did the previous elected government do to expedite this case?

10 hours ago, baboon said:

Thai spouses frequently have a hell of a job to set foot in the UK, but here this 'gentleman' is, living it up at Gordon Ramsey's. There's the UK for you...

Baboon your living up to your name

First you have to notify a country that a person is wanted, the easy and quick way Interpol in a case like this. Then border force will know and as that person arrives at the immigration desk its knock knock time

So again blame someone else for your own mistakes as no one has done this, its called? Well you work it out if you can which I doubt.

Some mothers do have um The next comment you write should say SORRY

10 hours ago, inzman said:

Just proof how corrupt the U.K. Is allowing him in! Try to bring your Thai spouse, hell no!

Mine got in ok, just did it as required, she now has a very good life and free healthcare and can have a pension in time, but I did not meet her at a bar and marry her in 1 month. That one sticks out a mile to immigration and time and time again they refuse.

A friend of ours just got knocked back on the very issue and I warned him, answer is meet allow 6 months to pass then start to get visa's but do it slowly. Just take a bit of time and build up some history. Hope that helps you

Edited by wakeupplease

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Baboon your living up to your name

First you have to notify a country that a person is wanted, the easy and quick way Interpol in a case like this. Then border force will know and as that person arrives at the immigration desk its knock knock time

So again blame someone else for your own mistakes as no one has done this, its called? Well you work it out if you can which I doubt.

Some mothers do have um The next comment you write should say SORRY

No, a country such as the UK who likes to scrutinise visa applications from countries such as Thailand should have done the same in this case and investigated his background. Of course money talks and he was always going to get in regardless, but they had sufficient grounds to deny entry without any Interpol notices as they would have done with Somchai the bus driver, even if he otherwise did meet the entry criteria. 

If you want to tip your hat to this character and the system that turns a blind eye, fill your boots. I and many others think it stinks.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

That does not sound right.

I could be wrong, but I think the state must press charges in a case like this, with or without the familys blessings.

The reason is that society needs to be protected against guys like this, even if the family has forgiven him the rest of society deserves protection.

If you are correct then thai justice system is even more broken than i thought.

Basically it opens for situations where the family can arrange for a third party to kill a family member and if the third party murderer is caught he does not need to worry as long as the family doesnt press charges and thus he will not be pressured into giving up the family as the ones ordering the hit.

From my understanding what actually happend was that the case expired. Due to, you know..."scheduling problems"

Well, not only is it right but it was widely reported. 

Your understanding about expiration and scheduling in connection with charges for the death are misunderstandings, that's why there is no mention anywhere about the driver being indicted for the officer's death, per se, apart from the constant mention of it from Thaivisa posters who fail to see that there are only motoring related offences outstanding.

He'll be back in October, all smiles, a big welcome party and maybe a new Ferrari. The old one is slightly damaged and might be dragging a ghost around.

The only question is whether he will do a week in the temple or not.

Probably not, he doesn't look the type and it would spoil his hairdo.

Sorry Baboon

This guy stands for everything a certain country is and not for transparency. Here he is down for at least by Death by Dangerous Driving and that can mean life but often 10+ years. That is what he should get at a minimum. But another country failed to register the crime as money talks in that country, not a lot the UK can do about that I am afraid. I would like to see sanctions and that may wake up a few.

In your mind and billions of others a crime was committed and one of the worst, then money spoke hence no follow up your end, so only one country to blame.

Our border-force are on the look out for others a full time job, scum like the driver we are talking about is low on the list, but just let them know and perhaps he gets sent back where he came from as we do not want idiots like this on our roads. To us we have others far more important to worry about as we care for our own people.

If you think the UK is corrupt, for god sake do not look around you.

1 minute ago, gdgbb said:

Well, not only is it right but it was widely reported. 

Your understanding about expiration and scheduling in connection with charges for the death are misunderstandings, that's why there is no mention anywhere about the driver being indicted for the officer's death, per se, apart from the constant mention of it from Thaivisa posters who fail to see that there are only motoring related offences outstanding.

I read the reports now, it's true that the family has given up their right to press charges. But the reports say that those rights are only meant for if the police or justice system do not press charges. And in this case no charges have been dropped, so they have summoned him for Thursday.

"

Vorayuth's attorney met with Wichean's family, who accepted a settlement of about $100,000. In turn, they were required to sign a document promising not to press criminal charges, eliminating Thailand's legal option for victims to take suspects to court if police and prosecutors don't take action

"

just because the family has given up their right does not mean that police and prosecutors should drop the charges. Ofcourse they will, but thats unjust.

6 minutes ago, hobz said:

I read the reports now, it's true that the family has given up their right to press charges. But the reports say that those rights are only meant for if the police or justice system do not press charges. And in this case no charges have been dropped, so they have summoned him for Thursday.

Neither has he been indicted on any charges accusing him of causing the death!

18 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Sorry Baboon

This guy stands for everything a certain country is and not for transparency. Here he is down for at least by Death by Dangerous Driving and that can mean life but often 10+ years. That is what he should get at a minimum. But another country failed to register the crime as money talks in that country, not a lot the UK can do about that I am afraid. I would like to see sanctions and that may wake up a few.

In your mind and billions of others a crime was committed and one of the worst, then money spoke hence no follow up your end, so only one country to blame.

Our border-force are on the look out for others a full time job, scum like the driver we are talking about is low on the list, but just let them know and perhaps he gets sent back where he came from as we do not want idiots like this on our roads. To us we have others far more important to worry about as we care for our own people.

If you think the UK is corrupt, for god sake do not look around you.

I think we are more or less coming to an understanding, then. All I was suggesting was that the UK could / should refuse him entry, but of course the real fault of this case lies with the Thai justice system: where were the efforts made to return him - How long exactly does a nasty cold or mild bout of influenza last exactly? 

Sadly I think we all suspect a little more time will pass, home he will be and that is where the story will end and be quietly forgotten Or Else. He WILL get away with it and the country will already have moved on to discussing the next hiso outrage which will end just as predictably.

Edited by baboon

1 hour ago, hobz said:

He's not being charged with killing anyone, the victims family dropped those charges and settled with compensation, which is normal.

Reckless driving causing death. Statute of limitation 15 yrs. No matter what the families done the State still has the right to prosecute this charge. The question is, why this hasn't already happened and will it ever happen. Answer to the first is legal stalling, which is continuing, answer to the second I hope so but, TIT.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You don't say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-red-bull-heir-hit-and-run-20170328-story.html

Meanwhile, Vorayuth failed to show up when ordered to face criminal charges of speeding, hit-and-run, and deadly, reckless driving. Police say Vorayuth disputes the reckless-driving charge, claiming the officer swerved in front of him. The speeding charge expired after a year. The more serious charge of hit-and-run, which police say carries a penalty of up to six months in jail, expires in September.

Yes, I do say.  As you can see, the report that you quoted from does not say that he's being charged with causing the officers death.

4 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Neither has he been indicted on any charges accusing him of causing the death!

Vorayuth has missed several prosecutor orders to report to court on charges of speeding, hit-and-run, and reckless driving that caused death. 

They are waiting for him to show up so that they can officially read the charges to him. One of which is reckless driving causing death.

They are trying to indict him, but scheduling issues and the flu seem to come in the way. Unfortunate. I will make a note to fake the flu next time i kill a cop.

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Yes, I do say.  As you can see, the report that you quoted from does not say that he's being charged with causing the officers death.

All the reports have almost the same identical texts with slight variations. Most of them say he is facing charges for reckless driving causing death, 6 months maximum sentence.

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

Vorayuth has missed several prosecutor orders to report to court on charges of speeding, hit-and-run, and reckless driving that caused death. 

They are waiting for him to show up so that they can officially read the charges to him. One of which is reckless driving causing death.

No, it's not one of the charges!

4 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

No, it's not one of the charges!

Maybe you're right.

Different reports say different things.

Cnbc reports he faces deadly hit and run, 6month max. Expires in september.

more serious charge of deadly hit-and-run, which police say carries a maximum six-month sentence, expires in September.

Cnbc also say he faces:

reckless driving that caused death. 

Expires in 10 years.

Several other reports say the same.

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

You need to direct that to the family who agreed to no charges.

The family did not agree to no charges. They accepted a settlement in which they agreed to waive their right to commence a private prosecution of "Boss".

It seems that they were confident that the police/prosecutors would do their duty and place this man before the courts to answer for his crimes. Unfortunately, their confidence appears to have been misplaced.

A man has died. The person responsible appears to be getting away without any punishment at all. Insinuating that the family is to blame for no charges being laid is just shameful.