German woman awaits trial in Phuket for jumping red light

snoop1130

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Valentine said:

Judging by the photo she really went all out to get through the red light as she had to overtake a car which was stopped.

Exactly ... now that more images can be seen in media it looks like cars in front stopped for the red light and she dangerously overtook them. No wonder the BiB took action. 

On 28.3.2560 at 9:45 PM, TommyUK1960 said:

Jumping red light is so common in Thailand. This German woman was also on the phone. So showing no respect to Policeman she should get a good slap from the courts. She wouldn't do this in Germany.

She might have.

Using the phone while driving let her forget what's happening around her.

Fine her double.

On the other hand, who doesn't make mistakes now and then ?

Once I jumped a red light and only realized it when it was too late to stop.

A few big trucks had blocked my view to the lights. Lucky I was, no accident, no police.

This is NOT a typical red light incident.   The lady asked for it , that's why she is facing prison now. 

"After 15 minutes she finally came out of the car and I asked to see her driving licence and passport. She was not happy with his and shouted out loud. She then grabbed her handbag, walked to a nearby plant pot and proceeded to empty her handbag into the pot.

“She then threw her car keys on to the roof of a nearby building which an officer had to retrieve,” he added.

Ms Grunewald was taken to Chalong Police Station and charged with driving through a red light and not caring about other people’s safety." "

201703281507112-20150427133841-1024x576.

201703281507243-20150427133841-1024x576.

201703281507255-20150427133841-1024x576.