Automatic Yabba dispenser

Free funerals at temple

phone  welded to  ear..............u forgot  that  one

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, that is the extreme viewpoint, but perhaps not far from the truth. The reality is that the administration does not give one iota of concern to the road deaths. As long as they are not important people. And well connected, wealthy, powerful people do not use mini-vans and buses. So, they are protected. Just where Little P. wants them to be. Coddled. Looked after. For the masses, it is survival of the fittest.

Road deaths cost Thailand trillions of baht every year. what Thailand doesn't record annually is casualties in the 3 internationally recognised categories.

however it is fairly easy to see how it costs.

Medical, loss of family incomes, continues care for injured and disabled.......loss of trained or potential trained workers...the cost estimates are available if you care to Google them.

I hate to travel in vans. That said, sometimes you have to. There are plenty of ways that the actual "hardware" can be improved for example make the seat belts actually accessible, usually tied so tight under the seat that it's impossible to loosen without pliers.
However, vans will always be highly unsafe because of the idiots behind the wheel.
That's where to start trying to make vans safer.
Unfortunately the govt can't see what's right in front of them!

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, that is the extreme viewpoint, but perhaps not far from the truth. The reality is that the administration does not give one iota of concern to the road deaths. As long as they are not important people. And well connected, wealthy, powerful people do not use mini-vans and buses. So, they are protected. Just where Little P. wants them to be. Coddled. Looked after. For the masses, it is survival of the fittest.

PSV i.e. public service vehicles should ALL be fitted with tachographs , including taxis and the police trained to decipher them . When it comes to coaches /buses / minivans they could be fitted with speed limiters . I have lost count the amount of times a minivan has passed me like I am stood still when doing 90kph .  The items mentioned are a better solution than the satnavs suggested by pm     Chan o cha and are in common use in the western world , so why are they not used ? maybe there was some truth in my earlier post .

Not too long ago I was stopped at a police check and the officer who spoke to me asked why my partner was not wearing a seat belt and would have to issue a fine but she told him she had just taken it off to gain access to her handbag to show her i.d. so all ok . As I waited to pull back into the stream of traffic which took a couple of minutes ( Thai drivers are so considerate ) there must have been a dozen pickups pass all carrying people in the cargo section and of no concern to the police . So what does that tell you ?

It would take a nuclear bomb to change bad driving habits and law enforcement .  One more thing , the white line on the left side of the road is supposed to be for motor /cyclists . Some Thais I spoke to also said that they can proceed in any direction when inside of that white line , can you believe ?  We all know they do it but they think it's correct to do so . 

28 minutes ago, superal said:

PSV i.e. public service vehicles should ALL be fitted with tachographs , including taxis and the police trained to decipher them . When it comes to coaches /buses / minivans they could be fitted with speed limiters . I have lost count the amount of times a minivan has passed me like I am stood still when doing 90kph .  The items mentioned are a better solution than the satnavs suggested by pm     Chan o cha and are in common use in the western world , so why are they not used ? maybe there was some truth in my earlier post .

But, you are talking about a government without motivation to increase public safety, or to improve traffic safety. And a compromised one at that. So, why would they make all that effort? To protect the poor masses? Nothing is done to improve the lives of the masses here. Nothing.  

15 minutes ago, superal said:

Not too long ago I was stopped at a police check and the officer who spoke to me asked why my partner was not wearing a seat belt and would have to issue a fine but she told him she had just taken it off to gain access to her handbag to show her i.d. so all ok . As I waited to pull back into the stream of traffic which took a couple of minutes ( Thai drivers are so considerate ) there must have been a dozen pickups pass all carrying people in the cargo section and of no concern to the police . So what does that tell you ?

It would take a nuclear bomb to change bad driving habits and law enforcement .  One more thing , the white line on the left side of the road is supposed to be for motor /cyclists . Some Thais I spoke to also said that they can proceed in any direction when inside of that white line , can you believe ?  We all know they do it but they think it's correct to do so . 

"the white line on the left side of the road - not true.

19 minutes ago, superal said:

Actually the white line on the left that leaves a small area often used by motorcycles is not actually a real lane. It's meant for pulling over to park in etc. Not meant for driving. So when you are driving your motorcycle and the cars behind you start to honk and force you out into that area,, you are actually now being forced to commit a traffic violation .... the whole traffic situation in thailand is so fubar that I honestly could make the case that the leadership of traffic police who is I think responsible for this mess deserves the death penalty. 

4 hours ago, hobz said:

Actually the white line on the left that leaves a small area often used by motorcycles is not actually a real lane. It's meant for pulling over to park in etc. Not meant for driving. So when you are driving your motorcycle and the cars behind you start to honk and force you out into that area,, you are actually now being forced to commit a traffic violation .... the whole traffic situation in thailand is so fubar that I honestly could make the case that the leadership of traffic police who is I think responsible for this mess deserves the death penalty. 

Thanks for the info hobz but I cannot bring myself to believe that the area inside the white line can be used for any kind of parking . Unless anyone else knows better .

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Thanks for the info hobz but I cannot bring myself to believe that the area inside the white line can be used for any kind of parking . Unless anyone else knows better .

Google it, it's called a "road shoulder". It's not meant for parking, it's meant for emergencies, stopping there in case you got a flat etc.

On 29/03/2017 at 8:58 AM, Songlaw said:

Now I am forced to question your apprehension, in general. Take what, personally? I was not complimenting your inferential abilities. Let's try, presumption. Are you any more averse to that? Tell me something, what is the average amount of information it takes for you to form some of these brilliant conclusions? I'm thinking possibly even zero? I'm also guessing that you don't ask a lot of questions? Come on, help me out here. At the very least, stop attempting to think for me. You are out of your league, and it shows.

Sorry but this is not the place for all those questions, so trying to stay a bit on topic - 

I tried asking why you refuse to wear a seatbelt in the back but you avoided that question with a reply an evasive politician would be proud of. 

If you are thinking, presuming, inferring, concluding or whatever that I am out of my league it is because I am. From your replies it is obvious that I am several leagues ahead of you. 

On 3/29/2017 at 10:06 AM, Cranky said:

The real question is; How are they going to install 20+ seat belts in to the back of a pick-up truck to meet the safety requirements?

You are assuming they can count  !  !!   !!!    !!!!     !!!!!

15 hours ago, chang1 said:

Sorry but this is not the place for all those questions, so trying to stay a bit on topic - 

I tried asking why you refuse to wear a seatbelt in the back but you avoided that question with a reply an evasive politician would be proud of. 

If you are thinking, presuming, inferring, concluding or whatever that I am out of my league it is because I am. From your replies it is obvious that I am several leagues ahead of you. 

"If it does not make you happier, why not take 5 seconds to put a belt on when it is possible? Please don't take it personally as you are part of the large majority of people who will  not use belts until the law has to think for and force them to."

-These are your words, brother. It is a direct quote.  Your question is not as stated in your presumed rebuttal. And it is simply is not possible to get more erroneous presumptions, assumptions, and idiotic assertions into a sentence of that size. Who exactly are you ahead of again?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to travel to BKK and back last week,the minibus was equipt with a GPS and every time the driver went over 90km

per hour a beeper went of and he slowed down.

There was no passing or pushing other vehicles ,it felt a lot safer then before.

Both ways ,and return in a different bus.So far it seems to be working and we were asked to fasten our seatbelt but

most people did not do that.

It takes a bit longer to travel but i am okay with that.

11 hours ago, jvs said:

I had to travel to BKK and back last week,the minibus was equipt with a GPS and every time the driver went over 90km

per hour a beeper went of and he slowed down.

There was no passing or pushing other vehicles ,it felt a lot safer then before.

Both ways ,and return in a different bus.So far it seems to be working and we were asked to fasten our seatbelt but

most people did not do that.

It takes a bit longer to travel but i am okay with that.

I would be too if this became the norm nationwide along with dashcam and internal CCTV.