Young organ donor’s story inspires Thais

webfact

Young organ donor’s story inspires Thais
By The Nation

fd0f6f1c29a1f4cb3ced171645c055a9-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- The story of schoolboy road accident victim Somdech "Nong Bew" Khongnoi – whose donated organs saves lives – has received widespread attention on social media.

A Facebook fan page (facebook.com/welove8riew) reported that 14-year-old Somdech's mother and grandmother said they were proud the boy – who had been in a coma with brain injuries following the March 17 accident – could help seven people via the organ donations to the Thai Red Cross Society, as suggested by a doctor. 

"If we cremated his body, that would be the end of the story. But at that time, my boy's organs could still save many other lives and it would become a great merit for his soul. I would also be glad that others got his organs," the boy's mother Yong Sirisuk said.

The organ donations included his heart, eyes, liver and kidneys.

Social media users thanked Somdech and gave encouragement to his family.

The Thai Red Cross Society Organ Donation Centre in Bangkok will hold an organ donation campaign on Saturday.

The centre will also host a merit-making ceremony for deceased persons who donated organs and related activities at the ground-floor conference room of the Padtayapatana Building at Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Medicine.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310635

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-29

There are many Thais with such a greed for money, that they will be very shocked when they are told, that they acutally have to be dead, to do what this young man did.I can just imagine what the next load of shops to open in the Koasan road will be selling.