30 day visa extension requirements

What type of entry would you be extending?

Only a entry from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

You would need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copy of your passport photo page, visa (if any), entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

at type of entry would you be extending?

Only a entry from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

You would need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copy of your passport photo page, visa (if any), entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

thanks UbonJoe, I just popped in here to look up the exact same question, planning on arriving   from the USA  as a regular 30 day tourist, then extending for another 30 days before I fly home.

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Curious – I've done the TM7 form (last one March 6th) asking for a 30 day extension of stay. I've noticed that nowhere on the form does it say it's a 30 day form. The Thai consulate website in Vancouver doesn't mention 30 days either. So, since I miscalculated my trip this time around by 1 day (arriving back in BKK June 1st), can I ask for a 31 day extension of stay on my single entry tourist visa (total 91 days)? Never had an overstay in 6 years of bopping back and forth – anyone?

2 hours ago, DowntownAl said:

Curious – I've done the TM7 form (last one March 6th) asking for a 30 day extension of stay. I've noticed that nowhere on the form does it say it's a 30 day form. The Thai consulate website in Vancouver doesn't mention 30 days either. So, since I miscalculated my trip this time around by 1 day (arriving back in BKK June 1st), can I ask for a 31 day extension of stay on my single entry tourist visa (total 91 days)? Never had an overstay in 6 years of bopping back and forth – anyone?

You will only get a 30-day extension. The one-day overstay is unlikely to have any short or long term consequences. If you are adamant about avoiding overstay, towards the end of the extension, apply for another. This will be refused, but you will be given 7 days to leave the country.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder how I get around with a brain like this... I recall several people here saying passport control can be a little flexible on a 1 day late departure. So, I did a quick look in my passport and have a Mae Sai stamp "Admitted Until 27 June 1015 and right beside it is a stamp that says "Departure 28 June 2015" No overstay or hassle, guess my question is moot. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/12/2017 at 11:56 PM, DowntownAl said:

Sometimes I wonder how I get around with a brain like this... I recall several people here saying passport control can be a little flexible on a 1 day late departure. So, I did a quick look in my passport and have a Mae Sai stamp "Admitted Until 27 June 1015 and right beside it is a stamp that says "Departure 28 June 2015" No overstay or hassle, guess my question is moot. 

I had never had an overstay in 7 years, until the last departure. I misread the scribble and smudged stamp, and I was at the border on 29, in stead of the required 28th. My lousy eyesight didn't help, nor did being a reasonably respectable 68 year old, smartly dressed. etc etc

They were all running around as though they had caught the only fish of the day. Cost me 500 Baht, and an hour, whilst all and sundry had to sign, counter sign, get their relatives to come and sign and countersign the counter signatures., ... then have a party and go for a ride on an elephant. (All this while I was getting more and more desperate for a pee. You know how it is.)

• 11 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, TechnikaIII said:

I had never had an overstay in 7 years, until the last departure. I misread the scribble and smudged stamp, and I was at the border on 29, in stead of the required 28th. My lousy eyesight didn't help, nor did being a reasonably respectable 68 year old, smartly dressed. etc etc

They were all running around as though they had caught the only fish of the day. Cost me 500 Baht, and an hour, whilst all and sundry had to sign, counter sign, get their relatives to come and sign and countersign the counter signatures., ... then have a party and go for a ride on an elephant. (All this while I was getting more and more desperate for a pee. You know how it is.)

I use an app on my phone called "Days Left (countdown timer)" Saved me many times, I set it up as a widget and make it look wooden. so it stands out. put day of visa end. Done leave for boarder the weekend before and all good.

Days Left 1.png

• 5 months later...

Rather than starting a new topic adding to this old relevant one.

Today went to my normally very user friendly Issan I.O. to extend a SETV by 30 days, however got a new lady who required proof of address which i didnt have and something that in all previous extensions has never been requested. 

Other staff member known to me after a lot of faffing about and exasperation took over my case and extension granted.

So this is apparently a new rule or an old one being enforced but a suprise and worth taking address proof for any extensions now.

18 hours ago, sapson said:

Rather than starting a new topic adding to this old relevant one.

Today went to my normally very user friendly Issan I.O. to extend a SETV by 30 days, however got a new lady who required proof of address which i didnt have and something that in all previous extensions has never been requested. 

This is not unusual at many offices.  You usually need to have done a TM-30 report (or your landlord/hotel has), before any extension will be granted.

18 hours ago, sapson said:

Other staff member known to me after a lot of faffing about and exasperation took over my case and extension granted.

So this is apparently a new rule or an old one being enforced but a suprise and worth taking address proof for any extensions now.

If you only need to take proof of address, vs a TM-30-receipt stapled into your passport, you are lucky.