Ivanka Trump becomes unpaid White House employee

webfact

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you agree that Mrs. Kushner is not her name? So just call her Ivanka trump like all the rest of the world. That seems to work to distinguish her from the immigration violating first lady for everyone else.

quite the nitpick and I hope this and previous are removed from the thread...... we all know to whom I was referring

Edited by Ramen087
help ... please

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/30/2017 at 6:31 AM, webfact said:

unpaid White House employee

This reminds me of The time my boss complained that I was often late, unlike another employee named Lee. Lee was corrupt and everyone knew it. I told him that if he gave me Lee's job and let me do it the way she was doing it, not only would I come to work early, I'd do the job for free and pay *him*

13 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

True. But the role usually doesn't include interaction with the congress and senate an issue such as healthcare reform (as in...creation of new legislation), as it did in 1993.  We are currently unaware of the exact role Mrs. Kushner will play in the administration.  Maybe she will find a niche, maybe she won't.  As a Presidential appointee, she deserves a chance to succeed or not.

Although I am skeptical about her appointment, she will have my support.   She seems like a level-headed person and the administration is largely lacking in females....so thank you for your input and I will wait and see.  

On 4/3/2017 at 11:59 AM, Scott said:

Although I am skeptical about her appointment, she will have my support.   She seems like a level-headed person and the administration is largely lacking in females....so thank you for your input and I will wait and see.  

"...I will wait and see."

No need to wait any longer...

"Published on Apr 4, 2017

Ivanka Trump claims that she is working hard in her father’s administration for the rights of women, and yet… Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian, the hosts of The Young Turks, tell you how Ivanka Trump is complicit with her father’s anti-women policies."

"Ivanka Trump: 'I'm Complicit' "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJy2AweYjGw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by JimmyJ

On 4/4/2017 at 3:08 AM, tonray said:

She is there due to blind loyalty to her father.  She also knows in the back of her mind that he is unhinged and maybe she can keep him from sending troops to Sacramento 

on the upside she thinks she can keep him from sending more troops. More likely she knows she's a blonde bimbo with no real job skills and can't really do anything other than follow daddy around.

It seems clear that Ivanka is there as window dressing - as in the TYT video above, "Ivanka is a feminist", "Ivanka will fight for the rights of women".

As her father the Groper in Chief strips away rights of women.

Ivanka is there to try to take attention away from what her father is doing, and to try to retain more female voters for the 2018 elections by paying lip service only to "feminism".

Edited by JimmyJ

15 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

She hasn't 'done' anything yet she is already being shot down. It's early days, she doesn't want a paycheck give her a chance imo.

Who cares about the paycheck? She's "independently" massively wealthy. Reminds me of the B.S. I used to hear from Thais that Thaksin couldn't be corrupt because he doesn't need the money. The ONLY reason she's got the job is because of Daddy. Get real. That's the deal. 

• 5 months later...

"The Ivanka Trump Guarantee"

"She has played her role dutifully, pretending to care about women’s upward mobility just enough to soothe the complacent and provide plausible deniability for her father.

And, inexplicably — perhaps because hope has been thin on the ground since November — some people seem to be taken in. If Ms. Trump says she was dismayed by her father’s announced ban on transgender people in the military, well, I guess it’s true. What a nice moderate lady! If Ms. Trump says that America is no place for Nazis and white supremacists, are we going to tell her she’s wrong? She probably just forgot to mention that some of those Nazis and white supremacists were marching in explicit support of her father. That can happen. As a working mom myself, I know it can be hard to keep all these details straight!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/opinion/the-ivanka-trump-labor-women.html

Edited by JimmyJ