recycling packaging and containers

notrub

Any ideas how or where I can recycle all the packaging and containers like the 1 litre juice containers?  I know about the water bottles and cardboard boxes and that is OK but what about the rest?  Nobody around here in rural Isaan seems to care.  Any ideas?

I seperate into plastic, tin & glass. Paper and cardboard go in the compost heap as do veggie food scraps.

I burn the rest as the district won't supply bins as we're too far out.

We're pretty rural but there are a couple of places that take waste and pay you. Look for somewhere with lots of sacks packed with plastic, there must be somewhere.

These places also take and pay for empty crates of Leo, Chang, etc. There must be somewhere round you that does that too.

I read somewhere that recyclable plastic is around £400/tonne, don't know if that's right?

There should be a guy wandering around in a pick -up that will collect and pay you for that.

We put ours in a cage at the gate and he drops buy and collects once a fortnight. Ask around your neighbourhood someone will know. Most rural areas I know have them.

We drive into town once a week with plastic bags from our household and from the neighbours (to prevent them from burning plastic for days at a time) and put them into the big blue bins that our municipality empties once a week. Most of these are privately paid for so we have found out which ones to use.

There is also, everywhere, a guy that will come to pick up your tins, bottles, metal, plastic and so on, and even pay you but you have to have a certain amount to make it worthwhile. I'm sure these guys would come by regularly if you paid them.

Edit: we are 25KM outside of Buriram, Isaan

Archived