Now give the "real" reason for staying ?

There was another thread that asked a similar question so here is my version of it. Screwed up the title it should be real reason for staying so opposite question of CharlieH's post.

Tell us the real reason you are staying here. Perhaps it has to do with your limited selection of sexual partners back in Farangland, it could be your limited pension has been eaten away by inflation to the point you feel even a lousy exchange rate is worth it, the reality that at over 50 and no health insurance or assets is sinking in.  You find your clever little version of Thai bar girl English you picked up no longer enthralls other people of your own race. Your needs in a partner have changed to require somebody who can cook an egg and clip your toe nails.

No longer have any friends, job connections and your mother has passed away so no available basement to call home. Your fears are engulfing you and you are probably not alone. At least in Thailand your wife understands you even though you don't speak any sense of a common language. This familiarity is hard to find back home. Some of the people you ran out on debts with are still alive? Unresolved warrants are still open against you?

There are so many negative threads about Farangland these days most revolving around money. 

There is a multitude of reasons people choose to remain in Thailand. So tell us the "real" reason why you are here. 

Why would farang stop lying just because you asked them to?

Last week had a long time depth conversation with a successful stock broker in Pattaya until after a few shots he let it slip he lives in the Nirun complex which I know has 4k monthly rent

Just now, whoareyou said:

Why would farang stop lying just because you asked them to?

Last week had a long time depth conversation with a successful stock broker in Pattaya until after a few shots he let it slip he lives in the Nirun complex which I know has 4k monthly rent

Did he say why he stays here by any chance?

10 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

No but it always comes down to cheap rent cheap beer and cheap pussy, untill they marry one of them and then become all righteous.

Not many are running from the law or anything as exotic.

Oh? I thought I had made a quality post that would make for interesting discussion. It is really that simple for "real"?

Oh? I thought I had made a quality post that would make for interesting discussion. It is really that simple for "real"?

You pose valid questions but would get a more meaningful response if let's say it was an Alaska forum or East European forum.

The super cheap sex here will always be the glue that keeps most here. Even though many pretend it's not an issue

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

Oh? I thought I had made a quality post that would make for interesting discussion.

Not at all, l read into it you are either disillusion or disturbed in some way.:wacko:

Edited by Kwasaki

43 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not at all, l read into it you are either disillusion or disturbed in some way.:wacko:

It was a humorous post in response to a post asking the opposite question by one of the mods. Just as I did he laid out a ridiculous list of scenarios and made terrible presumptions about the "real" reasons people leave. 

That train wreck of a thread has just picked up speed.

Not going back to Little England.

Also, my 4 year old daughter will have much better prospects in Asia in her adult life, so an education for her here sounds like a good idea. Britain is dead.

Well Anotheruser, I think you know why I stay but for others here is a short list...

• I stay because I have a wonderful wife  and am quite happy and comfortable here.
  • My quality of life is significantly better here then it was in the US due to financial pressures etc etc
  • I enjoy my friends (Thai).
  • I have an outstanding extended family (Small) .
  • My BIl and Sil are working professionals. We speak both English and Thai(Albeit my Thai is marginal) but they are always willing to teach me.
  • I love being in the position I can retire any time I want where as had I stayed in the US I would have to work until I die most likely.
  • Our money really works for us here and I have zero debt. 
  • I find Thai people (the ones I meet or have met) to be very friendly and pleasant.
  • We own outright our a modest home on a few acres of land in Northern Thailand that is located near creature comforts should I desire to go to the movies, shopping or just walk around. 
  • I live by a river so I can go fishing any time
  • I can ride my mountain bike along the river trails
  • There are incredibly good restaurants with good entertainment close by
  • There is no traffic, congestion
  • I love the weather in the North
  • Traveling to secluded beach areas for getaways is easy  because I have a small airport not to far from us.
  • Although I have not had to use it, we are near a very nice hospital

I could go on......

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Well Anotheruser, I think you know why I stay but for others here is a short list...

• I stay because I have a wonderful wife  and am quite happy and comfortable here.
  • My quality of life is significantly better here then it was in the US due to financial pressures etc etc
  • My BIl and Sil are working professionals. We speak both English and Thai(Albeit my Thai is marginal) but they are always willing to teach me.
  • I love being in the position I can retire any time I want where as had I stayed in the US I would have to work until I die most likely.
  • I find Thai people (the ones I meet or have met) to be very friendly and pleasant.
  • We own outright our a modest home on a few acres of land in Northern Thailand that is located near creature comforts should I desire to go to the movies, shopping or just walk around. 
  • Traveling to secluded beach areas for getaways is easy  because I have a small airport not to far from us.

I could go on......

Nice post Jafo. 

Only One Thing,

What Do You Know About Sweden?

I'm retired, and not a rich man,

but in pain in the Swedish climate.

My wife here is 100 time better than a swedish woman

Then you know all four reasons why I stay here 

Tom

Edited by hellstens

3 hours ago, JAFO said:

I could go on......

Absolutely correct. I would add one more; all my UK friends, live outside Thailand and visit and I specifically bought a house surrounded by Thai families with not a westerner  in sight . To some up, a more simple , less stressful and satisfying life than I would ever find in the UK. 

I stay here because I am married to a Thai. Were I not, I would have moved on long ago. The world is a big place and there is so much more to experience.

My my spouse is educated, gorgeous, speaks good English, (and four other languages), has a good job, is a terrific cook and pays roughly half of our living expenses. 

Was never a bar girl.

Together 5 years and every year gets better. 

A very happy marriage. I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones

We got married in South Africa, the only place it was possible for legal and visa reasons.

We're both dudes.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:55 PM, Kwasaki said:

To cut a long story short,  selected Thailand as a retirement settlement home rather than a bedsit in the UK. :biggrin:

Me to plus the toe nail clipping, shaving, haircuts personal attention in the shower and the great smile. Its the stuff you can only dream about in the west. Heck I can even save a few sheckles a month. She smiles when I put the excess in her bank account. 

3 minutes ago, midzo said:

I stay here because I am married to a Thai. Were I not, I would have moved on long ago. The world is a big place and there is so much more to experience.

My my spouse is educated, gorgeous, speaks good English, (and four other languages), has a good job, is a terrific cook and pays roughly half of our living expenses. 

Was never a bar girl.

Together 5 years and every year gets better. 

A very happy marriage. I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones

We got married in South Africa, the only place it was possible for legal and visa reasons.

We're both dudes.

Thanks for sharing that. I have many "dude" friends here in my building. We are as they say (I am not religious) all Gods children. I usually smile when they have to "confess" to me in the first 10 words or less as a sort of challenge. Different strokes for different folks but we are all paddling in the same direction. 

Just now, Don Mega said:

I earn twice as much per month here on an expat "package" than what I would back home, at the time of moving here it was a good enough reason but after way too many years Iam keen to move home.

I feel your pain. My husband is on a generous contract here. It is finishing in September and already has another one lined up just as good. But the next few months are bound to be a long wait. 

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Jane, Great Post.

Don't you just love these guys that have to tell us all the time that their partner/ wife 

was never a bar girl. Next ,, they will be saying that she was a virgin at 36?   Ha Ha

About as funny as people who do not have reading comprehension such as yourself. If you could have contained your smug little smirk a few more moments you would have seen he is married to another man.

So his assertion is 100% true. The person he married was never a bar girl. Thank you for playing though. :)

Posts removed .Lets keep things civil please

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

I stay here because my Wife earns a lot of money, so much so I could in fact retire at 46 after i set her  up in business, I have no "love" of  Thailand except it allows me to grow things I couldnt in the UK (hobby), Ive never been to any go go bars or any other of the many popular things a  lot of foreigners  seem to do, simply not  interested.