There's a rat at government house - literally!

snoop1130

There's a rat at government house - literally!

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1BbZa2ZFQ250Q7jVzrN4RLaGqV8vw.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Social media was abuzz after someone posted a picture of a huge rat clambering over the food at government house.

The creature was helping itself to some fried bamboo shoots at one of the stalls that sells food in the complex.

Civil servants on Line and Facebook registered their disgust with many aghast at the size of the rat. Some recounted tales of having just eaten at the stall in question.

The picture was posted late morning yesterday as people gathered for lunch.

Thai Rath said they didn't know the identity of the poster but many online were sure of the shop involved though no one named any names.

Thai Rath said that contracts to serve food at government house are issued six monthly - and the contracts have just been renewed.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-3-30

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Food hygiene in Thailand gets about a 1 out of ten.

The way they use food handling gloves, touching the moneywith them still on etc makes me honestly believe they think the gloves are to keep their hands clean, not the food. 

The grime and filth in an average shop house "Daam Sang" style restaurant astonishes me. Dirty walls, usually a filthy old paint bucket on the floor used for slops etc, quite often dead cockroaches on the floor, a filthy old rag they use to wipe the cutting board on which they chop vegetables, raw and cooked meats of various animals etc etc, no soap n the bathrooms, no hand washing facilities, filthy plastic chairs that never get cleaned etc etc

Even the cleaner restaurants worry me as I have seen the markets where they source their food. 

1 hour ago, Philthyphil said:

Food hygiene in Thailand gets about a 1 out of ten.

The way they use food handling gloves, touching the moneywith them still on etc makes me honestly believe they think the gloves are to keep their hands clean, not the food. 

The grime and filth in an average shop house "Daam Sang" style restaurant astonishes me. Dirty walls, usually a filthy old paint bucket on the floor used for slops etc, quite often dead cockroaches on the floor, a filthy old rag they use to wipe the cutting board on which they chop vegetables, raw and cooked meats of various animals etc etc, no soap n the bathrooms, no hand washing facilities, filthy plastic chairs that never get cleaned etc etc

Even the cleaner restaurants worry me as I have seen the markets where they source their food. 

I take it that obesity is not one of your other problems?

This is not a new thing. Thailand has a very bad sewer system which helps as a breeding ground for rats, cockroaches and even snakes who are after the rats. To fix this problem would cost way too much money to fix, as Bangkok is basically a going to go under the water anyway in about 100+ years. It would be better for Thailand if they started to fund the next capital city and its infrastructure rather than waste the cash on Bangkok. Issan is a good bet as the site for the next capital city!

and not just rats, at Government House  ...

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/news-hia-lizards-at-government-house-worry-secret-service-ahead-of-obama-visit/

or indeed this classic,from the early-days of the late PM-Samak !

http://pattayarag.blogspot.com/2008/02/mating-lizards-bring-bad-luck-for-samak.html

All just part of the fun of living, and observing everyday-life, in Amazing Thailand. :cool: