Thaifriendly date wants to meet.....

KhonKaenKowboy

5 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

You could go to hospital instead.  Mate of mine, a fairly fit/active 61 y/o, went to a private hospital for a check up/meds or something.  Got that, and a 39 y/o nurse as a new GF.  I met her last week, very nice, speaks English and he's beaming like a school boy. :laugh:

I'm not sure it would work if you went for STD treatment,

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2017 at 1:24 PM, robblok said:

Your age is showing, badoo, tinder, thai friendly are all places to check out many girls and then meet to see if it clicks or not.

Perhaps it’s your immaturity that is showing. Meeting girls may be your problem; it's not a problem for every man. If you are suggesting I have some fear of technology, I was a software engineer for many years and even helped developed ARPANET, so I am quite technologically competent.  I just don't want to waste my time on an unknown quantity. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it cannot hold a candle to a touch.   

Thanks for all the responses.....pretty much covered the whole spectrum.  Here my strategy...meet her at T21. ..eat some duck, talk to her for a while....if it goes well...I will invite her over to my hotel's rooftop pool for drinks and relax...then dinner at some moderately priced place near my Sathorn hotel the next night...a Romantic sunset might be the ticket...kind of like a complex transportation equation.  Hopefully she will appreciate that I am truly single.  Lots of ladies want a true boyfriend more than cash.  Meanwhile, I will start my  trip in the Nana area, and see if I can get in the groove.  It seems like getting lucky comes in spurts (no pun intended), but if you have gotten laid recently, you give off something that really attracts them.  So start with p4p and hopefully move on to new GF (and not into the poorhouse).  And again, thanks for the comments, sounds like a number of you have been in similar circumstances.  BTW, I live in CM...so it is not like I have been coming off a multi year drought in the US, like some pretty decent guys I know, with much deeper pockets than myself.

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Thanks for all the responses.....pretty much covered the whole spectrum.  Here my strategy...meet her at T21. ..eat some duck, talk to her for a while....if it goes well...I will invite her over to my hotel's rooftop pool for drinks and relax...then dinner at some moderately priced place near my Sathorn hotel the next night...a Romantic sunset might be the ticket...kind of like a complex transportation equation.  Hopefully she will appreciate that I am truly single.  Lots of ladies want a true boyfriend more than cash.  Meanwhile, I will start my  trip in the Nana area, and see if I can get in the groove.  It seems like getting lucky comes in spurts (no pun intended), but if you have gotten laid recently, you give off something that really attracts them.  So start with p4p and hopefully move on to new GF (and not into the poorhouse).  And again, thanks for the comments, sounds like a number of you have been in similar circumstances.  BTW, I live in CM...so it is not like I have been coming off a multi year drought in the US, like some pretty decent guys I know, with much deeper pockets than myself.

" Hopefully she will appreciate that I am truly single."

"Meanwhile, I will start my  trip in the Nana area, and see if I can get in the groove." "you have gotten laid recently, you give off something that really attracts them.  So start with p4p and hopefully move on to new GF"

Truly single, not really. She will love the smell of a hooker on you. Way to go.

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

Perhaps it’s your immaturity that is showing. Meeting girls may be your problem; it's not a problem for every man. If you are suggesting I have some fear of technology, I was a software engineer for many years and even helped developed ARPANET, so I am quite technologically competent.  I just don't want to waste my time on an unknown quantity. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it cannot hold a candle to a touch.   

Meeting girls is not a problem for me at all, only with technology you can use filters and select a number of girls then chat them up a bit and see how it goes (i prefer girls that can speak English and have some depth) This is easy to find out in apps like that. Its just far more efficient then walking around and looking for girls. I have of course met girls at the gym too and other places but a dating app just makes the process faster and easier. 

You can always meet and see that the pic was not good and stop seeing the girl.. not that hard. 

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

Meeting girls is not a problem for me at all, only with technology you can use filters and select a number of girls then chat them up a bit and see how it goes (i prefer girls that can speak English and have some depth) This is easy to find out in apps like that. Its just far more efficient then walking around and looking for girls. I have of course met girls at the gym too and other places but a dating app just makes the process faster and easier. 

You can always meet and see that the pic was not good and stop seeing the girl.. not that hard. 

Gee, thank you for the explanation, I had no idea. You think I am not aware of the capabilities of technology?

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Gee, thank you for the explanation, I had no idea. You think I am not aware of the capabilities of technology?

Probably not, because your arguments for not using it make no sense. Anyway lets put it at different strokes for different folks. 

15 hours ago, 55Jay said:

You could go to hospital instead.  Mate of mine, a fairly fit/active 61 y/o, went to a private hospital for a check up/meds or something.  Got that, and a 39 y/o nurse as a new GF.  I met her last week, very nice, speaks English and he's beaming like a school boy. :laugh:

she obviously appreciates his commitment for the house, car,  help with the family and other expenses. Nothing is free. 

Good on him.

2 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Arrange to meet a woman at T21 which is a short walk from Nana and think she is not a hooker mmm fat chance.

Having read all (or most) of the responses in this thread, if one were to apply logic and common sense to this T21 hookup, "lungnorm" has probably done a good job.

It's just tooooo convenient and coincidental.

6 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Arrange to meet a woman at T21 which is a short walk from Nana and think she is not a hooker mmm fat chance.

she will have to meet him either between banging or lunch break from the bar,

and she better put the mobile on vibrate .....

OP,  you should edit your first post to include more information. How old is she? (No need for exact age, just an age range can do) Does she have kids? What is her job?

Anyway, I don't see any red flags in your post. Meeting for coffee is normal and acceptable as a first date. As long as she doesn't ask for money, you're good, but you're expected to pay for the date. The "plan" you mentioned seems good, supposing that it's a decent girl (i.e. not a bargirl, no kids, good-looking).

Thailand is getting "harder" and girls are harder than before to bed on the first date - and IMO that's a good thing, because less good potential wives get tainted by players. However if the girl has kids, that's another story - unless she's a widow, a single mother is supposed to put out no later than the second date - if she doesn't, she is clearly overestimating her value.

TF is pretty legit, I met several people from there and only met 1 bargirl. Just enjoy, and keep us posted.

13 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Well, for starters, KKK indicated his intended date is in her mid-40s. And T21 isn't really a short walk from Nana at all, though it is across the street from Soi Cowboy.

And while I can't guarantee that his intended date is not a mid 40s pro working at Nana or Cowboy, I'd say the odds are against it, and in his favor.

T21, being at the intersection of the BTS and MRT lines in the heart of BKK, attracts people and women from all over the city, and really has little to nothing to do with the goings on at either Nana or Cowboy.

There are lots of fine looking young/moderate age Thai women going thru that mall who have nothing to do with Nana or Cowboy, not to mention all the Japanese, Chinese and Korean female tourists roaming about.

BTW, there really isn't any particularly expensive dinner restaurant in the T21 mall, so in that sense, it's an ideal place for a first date dinner or lunch. Plus lots of familiar restaurants/chains that Thai ladies favor for food. And yes, the duck place in the Food Court upstairs is both pretty good and pretty cheap. The wife and I have had many roasted duck dishes there. There's also a Nestle ice cream counter that sells cups or cones for (I think) 5 baht per scoop.

agree about the kids thing, but by that age the kids may be gone, and mom is ready to play.  I will say, however, the first time I slept with a woman, who is a grandmother, was a reality check to say the least, not having any kids myself, let alone, kids with kids.

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Well, for starters, KKK indicated his intended date is in her mid-40s. And T21 isn't really a short walk from Nana at all, though it is across the street from Soi Cowboy.

And while I can't guarantee that his intended date is not a mid 40s pro working at Nana or Cowboy, I'd say the odds are against it, and in his favor.

T21, being at the intersection of the BTS and MRT lines in the heart of BKK, attracts people and women from all over the city, and really has little to nothing to do with the goings on at either Nana or Cowboy.

There are lots of fine looking young/moderate age Thai women going thru that mall who have nothing to do with Nana or Cowboy, not to mention all the Japanese, Chinese and Korean female tourists roaming about.

BTW, there really isn't any particularly expensive dinner restaurant in the T21 mall, so in that sense, it's an ideal place for a first date dinner or lunch. Plus lots of familiar restaurants/chains that Thai ladies favor for food. And yes, the duck place in the Food Court upstairs is both pretty good and pretty cheap. The wife and I have had many roasted duck dishes there. There's also a Nestle ice cream counter that sells cups or cones for (I think) 5 baht per scoop.

Tall maybe head in the clouds?

On 3/31/2017 at 8:10 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

you need to go on 3 dates, not just one. if you go 3 dates and she still has not asked for money you have found a good one, or maybe i should have said one of the better ones. good luck by the way, thai woman are easy to shag, but hard to date.

never had a problem dating them or shaging them easy on both counts

On 02/04/2017 at 8:09 AM, lungnorm said:

How far away from Nana and Cowboy do you need to go to meet someone for a date and for it to not be considered a 'hooker area'?

T21 is pretty central and full of lots of people. When I look at them they don't appear to be hookers, I am sure people do meet at T21.

The issue of meeting girls from TF regardless of area is a seperate issue but meeting in T21 doesn't change my opinion of the situation at all tbh

42 minutes ago, catman20 said:

never had a problem dating them or shaging them easy on both counts

Your so crude,

But I like it,

Probably get deleted now

6 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i find dating them to be a painful experience. i have almost nothing in common with thai woman. shagging them is certainly easier than western woman.

ha ok i understand what you are saying now. i dont have that problem after 3/4 dates i.e them staying with me at my house for a few days i know if we are going to have things in common with the girl, they get into house hold chores ect while i do the pool or garden ect ,then out for a spot of lunch and basically carry on pretty much like a normal couple. the things we then start to get in common are the thing i enjoy doing which is going to the gym, muay thai training going away going out to eat but you have to choose the right thai girl that suite you. for me not some lazy slouch that want to lay on the sofa all day,there gone in under a hour.:smile:

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

ha ok i understand what you are saying now. i dont have that problem after 3/4 dates i.e them staying with me at my house for a few days i know if we are going to have things in common with the girl, they get into house hold chores ect while i do the pool or garden ect ,then out for a spot of lunch and basically carry on pretty much like a normal couple. the things we then start to get in common are the thing i enjoy doing which is going to the gym, muay thai training going away going out to eat but you have to choose the right thai girl that suite you. for me not some lazy slouch that want to lay on the sofa all day,there gone in under a hour.:smile:

i was lucky and pretty much skipped the dating stage when i had a surprise son with a thai girl i was seeing casually. even luckier is that she is a hard worker and keeps everything very clean. i have my house set up so i hangout upstairs with my son and she spends her time downstairs with our daughter. when i am in thailand i quite often get dragged along when my mates are going on dates so they have someone to have a conversation with.

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i was lucky and pretty much skipped the dating stage when i had a surprise son with a thai girl i was seeing casually. even luckier is that she is a hard worker and keeps everything very clean. i have my house set up so i hangout upstairs with my son and she spends her time downstairs with our daughter. when i am in thailand i quite often get dragged along when my mates are going on dates so they have someone to have a conversation with.

some bird tried that with me so i ended up getting a Vasectomy i did not want to be some birds meal ticket, best thing i every done in my life.

after your 50s that time is for you i believe, not for some bird and kids you've been roped into. this is not directed at you, so dont be offend its just the way i see it for myself.:smile:

5 minutes ago, catman20 said:

some bird tried that with me so i ended up getting a Vasectomy i did not want to be some birds meal ticket, best thing i every done in my life.

after your 50s that time is for you i believe, not for some bird and kids you've been roped into. this is not directed at you, so dont be offend its just the way i see it for myself.:smile:

ha yea it is a bit hit or miss with having kids with them. i was 38 when she got pregnant the first time so the kids wont cut into my retirement years by too much. should still be back to thailand child free by my late 50s.

5 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

ha yea it is a bit hit or miss with having kids with them. i was 38 when she got pregnant the first time so the kids wont cut into my retirement years by too much. should still be back to thailand child free by my late 50s.

OK thats good for you, you were young enough for kids, i dont get it all these men in their 50s60s pushing prams and when you look at them you can see it in their faces that they know theve fxck up their life.

Archived