Thaifriendly date wants to meet.....

KhonKaenKowboy

At T21.....been out of the game for several years.  Found this woman online and we clicked.  Similar age...I am a young retirement extension holder.  She mentioned coffee and I mentioned the duck in the food court.  She thought that was a good idea.  So she lives around there...is that in itself a red flag?  I am looking for a new GF...not just a shag,

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue....this date just has a bit different dynamic than usual.  Being about half a beer walk to hundreds, if not thousands, of other ladies is part of it.  Will this work for me or against me?  Anyone meet a date at T21...seems like there are so many possible outcomes.  Do I want to sleep with her on the first date?  Quite possibly..and if she wasn't up for it by the second, we would part.  Neither of us are youngsters, maybe even more reason to not waste a lot of time.  And the thought of taking her shopping in there or watching her pick at her food at a 6000 THB dinner tab, almost makes me queasey. Give me some scenarios...if you have recent experience.  I know TF is a mixed bag, with some of the worst of the worst scammers on there.  I am sure some of the guys pull their weight in the scam department, too.  But does this sound like a SOP or MO for scammer girls these days?  If she simply told me she wanted money to sleep with me, I certainly wouldn't be outraged.  "Whew, you want 1000 for sex, geez, I was worried you wanted steak and a bottle of wine at some pretentious rooftop rat trap.". I hope some of you can relate.  Smart arse comments are welcome, as long as they are humorous.  At what point should I take my losses and head for the Nana car park for a real date?  Thanks!

Before you made a date with her, did you find out anything about her? Is the date in early evening? There are a lot of banks and other big businesses in that immediate area. Also close to the interchange between MRT and BTS that a lot of people travel through. Time to talk to her, get to know her a little before the date.

But what you have to lose? T21 food court is inexpensive, give it a shot.

LOL.

At what time does Nana car park open for dating?

I just to say goodbye to a few dates at T21 after stumbling out of Penny Black around noon.

Steak Lao (2nd or 3rd floor) won't break the bank for a rejuvenating meal assuming you're planning to walk to Nana.

I used to meet my dates at the Starbucks at T21. Not expensive, and easy to get up and leave if necessary. Another good meet up location is the lobby of the Landmark Hotel. Just to the right as you walk in there are couches to sit and chat for awhile. I even used it to sell stuff on Gregg's list. 

Have met 4 via TF and dispensed with them all....99% gold diggers/scammers.....75% of their photos on TF are not a true resemblance to their physical when meeting ...yes... there may well be some genuines amongst them...but damn hard to tell...but keep trying...good luck

I used to meet my dates at the Starbucks at T21. Not expensive, and easy to get up and leave if necessary. Another good meet up location is the lobby of the Landmark Hotel. Just to the right as you walk in there are couches to sit and chat for awhile. I even used it to sell stuff on Gregg's list. 

What's Gregg's list? Greggs sell pies and cakes in the UK. I suppose when she saw the size of your hot meat pies it very near turned her head!

[emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I had my first date with my now wife at T21. 

I sort of get what the OP is asking. Meeting a girl in the middle of bar girl central, is she a bar girl etc. She is thinking, why is he staying in Bar girl central etc. 

The thing is with online dating, you can do some vetting and filtering upfront before you meet, no surprises.

its a great way of meeting normal Thai girls and potential partners.

There is an aspect of stepping outside your comfort zone when dating, the risk of being set up for a free meal, a bar girl looking for business etc. In my experience the negatives were very rare and I met lots of great girls.

8 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

First meeting should be coffee only. You don't want to have to sit through a whole meal with somebody that you have no interest in.

I agree, but if you have used the online dating site, have been chatting etc, you are meeting someone you have something in common etc. You both have an interest. Thats the beauty of online, you can meet the one that gets your jokes, likes the same music etc. 

I would not call the girls on TF scammers and gold diggers. They are of course

many, many freelancers just making a living. That said I doubt someone of a similar

age to you is "playing" on Thai Friendly. You can tell which ones are pretty quickly

looking at their profiles. Of course you know when Photo Shop is overused the

person you meet will not resemble the pics.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I agree, but if you have used the online dating site, have been chatting etc, you are meeting someone you have something in common etc. You both have an interest. Thats the beauty of online, you can meet the one that gets your jokes, likes the same music etc. 

I agree if you have actually done a video chat, not just typed words. I did a few hook-ups some years ago and found the instances of non-current photos was rife.

3 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

To continue....this date just has a bit different dynamic than usual.  Being about half a beer walk to hundreds, if not thousands, of other ladies is part of it.  Will this work for me or against me?  Anyone meet a date at T21...seems like there are so many possible outcomes.  Do I want to sleep with her on the first date?  Quite possibly..and if she wasn't up for it by the second, we would part.  Neither of us are youngsters, maybe even more reason to not waste a lot of time.  And the thought of taking her shopping in there or watching her pick at her food at a 6000 THB dinner tab, almost makes me queasey. Give me some scenarios...if you have recent experience.  I know TF is a mixed bag, with some of the worst of the worst scammers on there.  I am sure some of the guys pull their weight in the scam department, too.  But does this sound like a SOP or MO for scammer girls these days?  If she simply told me she wanted money to sleep with me, I certainly wouldn't be outraged.  "Whew, you want 1000 for sex, geez, I was worried you wanted steak and a bottle of wine at some pretentious rooftop rat trap.". I hope some of you can relate.  Smart arse comments are welcome, as long as they are humorous.  At what point should I take my losses and head for the Nana car park for a real date?  Thanks!

Jeusus man, you are going to eat duck in a mall. Just do it.

2 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I agree if you have actually done a video chat, not just typed words. I did a few hook-ups some years ago and found the instances of non-current photos was rife.

Ok, I used a couple of old photos, lol

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Arrgghhh ,, the things we do and hoops we jump through in our endless

search for a company or a shag.... Caveat emperor....

Damn....if I were an emperor I would have an easier time !

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Arrgghhh ,, the things we do and hoops we jump through in our endless

search for a company or a shag.... Caveat emperor....

I think its why we go to war, land on the moon, invent things etc. A lot to do with continuing to see girls naked.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

you need to go on 3 dates, not just one. if you go 3 dates and she still has not asked for money you have found a good one, or maybe i should have said one of the better ones. good luck by the way, thai woman are easy to shag, but hard to date.

thai women are 'flexible' if they find a 'catch' they will date and 'fall in love' as fast as possible but if not and you can 'help them' they will shag you for 'gas money'.  great life - hire not purchase!

Go free and easy. Be cool. Have a coffee and a chat, if there is some spark there and she seems cool enough then maybe prolong it or arrange a different kind of date for another day. You'll see that way if she is interested in making it happen then.

I do miss the dating game here, waaay too much fun to be had. Plenty of nice girls in this country, employ 2 rules... 1, follow the girl's lead, and 2, think with your head (the one on your shoulders).... And remember good girls don't want to appear too easy, so take your time and enjoy the experience of her company.. What's the worst that can happen 

6 minutes ago, z42 said:

What's the worst that can happen 

Wake up in a bath full of ice with a kidney missing, lol

I agree, its great fun and not many negatives

12 minutes ago, z42 said:

Go free and easy. Be cool. Have a coffee and a chat, if there is some spark there and she seems cool enough then maybe prolong it or arrange a different kind of date for another day. You'll see that way if she is interested in making it happen then.

I do miss the dating game here, waaay too much fun to be had. Plenty of nice girls in this country, employ 2 rules... 1, follow the girl's lead, and 2, think with your head (the one on your shoulders).... And remember good girls don't want to appear too easy, so take your time and enjoy the experience of her company.. What's the worst that can happen 

The worst that can happen ?

End up sitting on the floor of a straw hut in remote Issan, drinking hooch with Uncle Somchit (the one with 1 tooth) and being passed the bowl of Pla Ra that Grandma just dug up from the backyard after 4 months...

Archived