What Does a Smile Get You in Thailand?

eldragon

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

And when they finally came home my wife told me the results wont be know until Tuesday or Wednesday.

My son told me he was quite happy about the exam and for the last 2 weeks they have been in the cramming mode working on old exam papers.

Where can I get a new set of fingernails as there are not much left on mine?

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, eldragon said:

No, it's not a trick. As you may know, many Thais complain that foreigners don't smile enough. Some of them they say it makes them uneasy around us.

I find if I make a point of smiling, I have better interactions with Thais. My smile has become more genuine, I think I smile more often now, and I believe I feel happier in general too. Just one of the ways Thailand has rubbed off on me in a good way. 

Well it's a fact of life from my experience that, pro rata, I get far more smiles from Thais than I do from fellow expats. They do occasionally nod an acknowledgment of my presence, but usually that's about it!

It takes 17 muscles to smile :smile: and 43 to frown. :sad: Yup, they've actually gone and proved it now. :smile:

http://www.completelyyou.com/feature/import/smiling_facts/

20 hours ago, transam said:

Mrs.Trans tells me that I am known locally as the farang that always smiles....:stoner:

Plus has an angels singing voice.....But I knew that.........:guitar:....:laugh:

Really? An angles singing voice?

It must be an obtuse angle then.  :whistling:

Edited by billd766