Songkran faces ban! Water throwing set to be a crime this year

rooster59

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, NCFC said:

Just informed my wife that all Thai people must return to Thailand by government order. Line messenger is a little bit hot at the moment and I may have forfeited dinner.

are u  still alive??

21 hours ago, LEKPHUKET said:

If this is a correct report sorry to say but the reds and the yellows have produced slowly  a north Korean style leadership in the country of smiles because non of them wanted to find a way out and do some water in there wine at the time they where in front of each other, they get now what sure non of them wanted. In short time smiles will be gone and people will stand up that for  sure. That amount of water who is banned (before rain season) will hurt the economy heavily, many tourists came specially to Thailand for these days of fun,who will be interested to come in that period? It was extending the high season  for 2 weeks.

Economically seen Thailand had the chance to bring money in the country on 3 different new years, I dont know any other country in the world, the traditional end of the year,chinese new year and songkran. All will move to Singapore they already started songkran parties last year.  I agree that some things had to be done but like a dictature no. Many people in this government have not the same view and everybody is saying something just without thinking how is that possible??

I had in the beginning a good feeling with the PM now that feeling is freezing as good as every day when you hear all these stories. If in a few days this is rejected its to late because foreign media will have brought the bad report but will not adjust the new lines.

And...what day did this article come out?  Oh...yeah...First April.  What we call April Fool's Day.

Really at least half the posts on here are of outrage and I dont think that was their way of joining the joke. Wish I could have been bothered getting the pic of the year a radio station did the iceberg prank in Sydney harbour, and I liked the one where the guy told his wife that all thais citizens had to go back to Thailand.

Classsic.

At first read its not that far fetched to believe the way things are done here.

But then second read and you see how the author is really making a laughing stock of the thai culture.

Thais getting less days off.

Integrating to western culture

Smiley faces to dry people

Selling scented perfumes to tourist.

I would bet this author gets a attitude adjustment soon or faces court or both.

But it is funny to laugh at the mentality of it all.

It had me going.

Im still not sure if the alchohal one is a joke yet .

I'd like to apologise. I had completely forgotten that it was April 1st. I just read the first couple of paragraphs and some of the comments then went on google and found the Khaosod news article saying the same thing. Read a couple of paragraphs of that quickly in a state of panic and amazement. Didn't read the last paragraph which pointed out it was an April fools joke. So in shock I reacted immediately and started posting links and saying this is real and unbelievable, etc, etc.

Then waiting for replies which wasn't a long wait. Other members said it was an April fools joke and it clicked. "Ping" the lightbulb lit up in my tiny brain, oh yes it's April 1st today. So I reread the Khoasod article slowly and yes it is an April fools joke. But I was very annoyed because it was so near to the truth. Only a few days ago Khao San Road had been told to tone down its Songkran celebrations.

Anyways I thought how many other April fools joke threads are there?

I saw the thread on the girl with only one leg and thought this was an April fools joke. I posted "555, very funny, April fools!, etc". It wasn't.

Now I am the April FOOL.

13 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

That is good news my friend today is April 1 and its raining now I will pop out and start Songkran British style, thats if I can find my umbrella, shots and silly shirt

Don't forget your long socks and sandals. 

On 1/4/2017 at 4:36 AM, Kabula said:

Having lived here for 11 years and spoken to most; even Thais, most hate the insanity of wasting the most precise commodity water. 

I dont thing thai knows what caring of environment means

How I miss Edith Clampton.

The two "April 1st" posts gave me the best laugh since 24th June 2016.

Thai people really love a joke, nothing better than some sanuke, me too!

Many of the posts on the booze rules and Song Kran on April Fool's Day shows how few TV posters have a sense of humour...

Richard Dimbleby's spaghetti trees was a classic, but Orson Wells fooled a few with the "alien Invasion"  from H G Wells' War of the Worlds broadcast too, but that was on Halloween (1938), not April 1st, and was unintentional, I bit like the cr@p the Thai government come out with so often.

It is true we get idiotic "pronouncements" every day here but you need to be able to tell the difference, and let's face it most of the really stupid ideas are swept under the carpet quicker than Hi-So murdering a Lo-So.

TIT.

:burp:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

13 hours ago, lavezzi said:

I dont thing thai knows what caring of environment means

I don't think you can spell very well!

Don't be so negative.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything.

Thais grow some of the best foods in the world.

Your wrong about that.  Most are farmers outside and even inside the city and water is the most important thing to a farmer.

Especially ones who live in drought areas. 

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The first post after the news item called it out as a fake as did my ccomment gthe second one. TVF deleted them - the rotters !

I'm with the TRUMP on this one. FAKE NEWS.

You will know for next year any topics posted before noon on 1st April that does not have any member questioning the date is an April Fool posting...

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I was very upset by this article...

When I realised it was an April Fools post. :crying:

Upset, I thought it was a very clever and intelligent trap for the unwary -- it would seem it has done that very successfully. 

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

You will know for next year any topics posted before noon on 1st April that does not have any member questioning the date is an April Fool posting...

been catching the plonkers for years - not just in 2017.