Welcome to Thailand: Thai man threatens Western woman with baseball bat [video]

rooster59

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me both parties were wrong to some extent.  If there was no contact between the car and motorcycle and it was a cut off by the car on the cycle- the cycle should have never stopped.  It is obvious the foreigners know nothing about Thai society and the violence that can occur for the slightest things. Instead of a baseball bat- he could have come out with a gun and started firing.

Of course, the Thai driver was in the wrong on 3 accounts.  He allegedly cut the cycle off; double parked his car to respond; and threatened the cycle with bodily harm.  If the car actually struck the cycle- the police should have been notified immediately and the cars registration plate noted and given to the police.

Confrontation in Thailand is something you do not do.....even when in the right.

Since he did not have gang of seven men to fight with him, he was not going to take any chances. Most here are cowards, when it comes to a fight. Most here do not have real fighting skills. Not like in the Philippines, or on Brazil. So, he was scared to death of the prospect of fighting even a woman, and pulled out his trusty baseball bat, to make sure he did not have to use his feeble and ineffective fists of rubber. 

36 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

To me both parties were wrong to some extent.  If there was no contact between the car and motorcycle and it was a cut off by the car on the cycle- the cycle should have never stopped.  It is obvious the foreigners know nothing about Thai society and the violence that can occur for the slightest things. Instead of a baseball bat- he could have come out with a gun and started firing.

Of course, the Thai driver was in the wrong on 3 accounts.  He allegedly cut the cycle off; double parked his car to respond; and threatened the cycle with bodily harm.  If the car actually struck the cycle- the police should have been notified immediately and the cars registration plate noted and given to the police.

Confrontation in Thailand is something you do not do.....even when in the right.

There is only one party in the wrong with this incident.

That would be the thug with the baseball bat.

You are right- the foreigners did not threaten anyone.  However,  I still believe that what the foreigners did was not wise as  they put themselves in a position for a confrontation and as we know-  many of these do not end well. 

3 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

You are right- the foreigners did not threaten anyone.  However,  I still believe that what the foreigners did was not wise as  they put themselves in a position for a confrontation and as we know-  many of these do not end well. 

I agree it may not have been wise, but they weren't doing anything wrong nor can they be held to be at fault for what happened.

5 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

sorry I missed it 

what happened?

You could read the story.

Or even watch the video in post 55.

However, in essence, thug threatened unarmed woman with a baseball bat.

Edited by Bluespunk

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Car driver clearly Lacking communication skills.

I can't see the video as no longer available , but sounds like a Rd rage incident.

Just as well he did not have a gun as this childish moron may have shot someone.

I seriously blame the mentality on the upbringing of men and the spoiling of them when they are children.

Not much you can do here about this TIT.

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Yes, and the bullies continue to bully. 

Given that the guy never got within 25 feet of the woman and didn't raise the bat above waist level, I would argue that a more accurate headline would be:

"Man brandishes baseball bat at foreign woman videotaping him without permission"

Edited by Gecko123

25 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Given that the guy never got within 25 feet of the woman and didn't raise the bat above waist level, I would argue that a more accurate headline would be:

"Man brandishes baseball bat at foreign woman videotaping him without permission"

I would say the head line should be

Two stupid idiots meet on Thai High way.

one Thai one Westerner.  :jap:

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I would argue differently.

The person filming says that the driver of the white sedan (Thai dude with the bat) cut in front of the Farang motorcycle and almost caused them to fall thus the woman was probably trying to take a pic of the license plate to report it to the police?? (That would be for nothing).

The person also goes on to say that instead of apologizing it was embarrassing to see a fellow Thai act like a thug.

I have to agree.  Pulling a bat on a woman is pathetic.  

Edited by smileydude

Closed for clean up.  

Re-opened.  

Continued generalizations about all Thai males will not be tolerated.   Please keep this rule in mind:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 02/04/2017 at 11:05 PM, Scott said:

Closed for clean up.  

Re-opened.  

Continued generalizations about all Thai males will not be tolerated.   Please keep this rule in mind:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Funny, its gone all quiet 

40 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Problem is that there are some members who hate Thai men - but, hate Western women equally. They just don't know who's side to take.

It's a real dilemma.

Yes, life is tough sometimes.