Where to pay a traffic fine

lj cm

I just got my first "camera" traffic ticket send to me. It happened during a trip to Bangkok.

Does anyone know, if I can pay it at any Police Station (here in Chiang Mai), or do I have to go to the main Station in the inner City?

You pay at the local post office, which ever is closest to you.  Show the clerk the ticket, ask him in Englsih what to do, and he will either [re[are the forms him,self, or give you the two envelopes (forms) to do yourself.

You cannot pay at the police station.

4 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

Are you sure about that ? The main police station in the old city seem to have big queues of people paying fines.

14 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

In this generalization definitely wrong.

Ask the thousands (incl. me) who sat at the Pattaya police station watching how slowly a police officer can work :biggrin:

I received  only one camera traffic ticket by postal mail.

Went to police station in our district town.

Big grins and hurrah, a farang :biggrin:

Had to go through the whole interview (where you come from/live, married, children?).

I read somewhere that it is planned (or introduced?) that you can pay at Krung Thai bank (the "state" bank). Maybe even at their ATMs? Would have to check for that.

As Krung Thai usually has big crowds/long queues it would not be a great option to use counter service.

Does your ticket have a bar code printed  at the bottom?

Krung Thai Bank

http://nwnt.prd.go.th/centerweb/NewsEN/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNSOC5909010010059

BANGKOK, 1 September 2016 (NNT) - Motorists can pay fines for traffic offenses caught on cameras at Krung Thai Bank’s 1,200 branches nationwide and its KTB netbank online service from September 1, 2016.

Police will start issuing barcoded fine tickets for the electronic payment from September 1, 2016

The ticket does have a bar code and some KTB info.

But; I see no reason to go to KTB first, pay and get a receipt and then to post office and send it; when it can all be done at the post office.

inst.JPG

ktb.JPG

4 hours ago, lj cm said:

But; I see no reason to go to KTB first, pay and get a receipt and then to post office and send it; when it can all be done at the post office.

? Where do you read that ?

It's two different payment channels.

The explanations for KTB are in Thai only and I am too lazy now to try and translate.

I just see something about fees (20 Baht, 15 Baht) and explanation of the the payment info/process.

The bar code will allow self service at KTB ATM/CDM(?) with scanner.

Whether you can use it without having KTB account is unclear to me.

It's definitely possible at KTB ATMs.

There is an archived article in the Bangkok Post (which does not allow to be linked here).

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

? Where do you read that ?

It's two different payment channels.

The explanations for KTB are in Thai only and I am too lazy now to try and translate.

I just see something about fees (20 Baht, 15 Baht) and explanation of the the payment info/process.

The bar code will allow self service at KTB ATM/CDM(?) with scanner.

Whether you can use it without having KTB account is unclear to me.

It's definitely possible at KTB ATMs.

There is an archived article in the Bangkok Post (which does not allow to be linked here).

9 hours ago, lj cm said:

inst.JPG

ktb.JPG

It says:

1. You can pay via any Krungthai counter (basically go to any of their bank branches) in the country. (20 baht service fee)

2. You can pay via a Krungthai ATM. (15 baht service fee)

3. You can pay via KTB netBank. (15 baht service fee)

I remember when I came to Thailand as a 13 year old, my dad had to pay a ticket at the police station and we ended up spending half the day there, so this system, a big yes from me.

Rumor is you will not be allowed to renew your car's registration if you have unpaid tickets. I've not found what the additional penalty would be if you just waited until renewal time and paid all your outstanding tickets when you needed to renew.

Sam

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, lj cm said:

inst.JPG

ktb.JPG

Pay at the counter at KTB, 20 Baht fee, you can pay at their (KTB) ATM 15 Baht. The codes are what you use to authourise payment.

On 4/2/2017 at 11:51 AM, KhunBENQ said:

In this generalization definitely wrong.

Ask the thousands (incl. me) who sat at the Pattaya police station watching how slowly a police officer can work :biggrin:

I received  only one camera traffic ticket by postal mail.

Went to police station in our district town.

Big grins and hurrah, a farang :biggrin:

Had to go through the whole interview (where you come from/live, married, children?).

I read somewhere that it is planned (or introduced?) that you can pay at Krung Thai bank (the "state" bank). Maybe even at their ATMs? Would have to check for that.

As Krung Thai usually has big crowds/long queues it would not be a great option to use counter service.

Does your ticket have a bar code printed  at the bottom?

I live in Bangkok, but received a camera ticket from when I was in Hua Hin. I paid the ticket at a Krung Thai Bank in Bangkok, the closest branch from where I live. 

Hope you are bartering the ticket price, had one for saraburi 1000 baht and one for nonthanburi 800 baht, bartered both by 50%.

mrs said don't bother nobody pays them, thinks to myself, might be ok for Thais not so sure for farang???

Just paid my speeding fine at a branch of KTB, painless experience and a lot easier (and cheaper) than doing it at a post office, only issue was the bar code would not be read, so had to manually type info in.