Pattaya police arrest gay dancer after mounting a ring ruse

webfact

Pattaya police arrest gay dancer after mounting a ring ruse

3pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police had a result yesterday when they tricked a man into custody who worked as a gay dancer at the resort.

Chaicharn (Ta) Poo-sin, 25, had been identified as the thief after a theft from the Bua Khao gold shop in central Pattaya earlier last month, reported 77Jowo.

CCTV showed him pretending to be interested in a 10,000 baht (half baht weight) gold ring. While staff were distracted he coolly walked out.

A warrant was issued for his arrest and police managed to track him down to his hometown in Nakorn Sawan but he managed to get away.

So police changed tack.

Knowing that Chaicharn realized they were on his tail they pretended to be employees of the gold shop and called him to say that the shop would accept compensation and would not press charges.

Chaicharn, worried about arrest, fell for the ruse and went back to the shop where after he handed over the money officers posing as staff in the shop arrested him.

Chaicharn said that he was a dancer in a gay bar on Beach Road. He said he needed the money to pay a debt to a drug dealer and have a good time at Songkran.

Police found out that he not only has two arrests for drugs but he was also wanted on a rape and molestation charge in Nakorn Sawan.

He was detained.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-04

Does it make any difference to the content of the story that he happens to be gay? I don't think so. Until Thaivisa lists criminals in same manner "heterosexual man steals car", I suggest they leave off sexual orientation unless it is related to the crime.

4 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Does it make any difference to the content of the story that he happens to be gay? I don't think so. Until Thaivisa lists criminals in same manner "heterosexual man steals car", I suggest they leave off sexual orientation unless it is related to the crime.

In many cases, I would totally agree with you.

In Thai media, they do that kind of thing all the time, regardless of any relevancy.

In this particular case, I would suggest that his occupation as a dancer in a gay bar is relevant just as listing any other occupation of an accused person.

That said, the phrase used was "gay dancer" rather than dancer in a gay bar. Do they really know whether the man actually identifies as gay? Many workers in such environments do not. So on top of the phrasing revealing irrelevant info if true, we don't really know if it's true. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

In many cases, I would totally agree with you.

In Thai media, they do that kind of thing all the time, regardless of any relevancy.

In this particular case, I would suggest that his occupation as a dancer in a gay bar is relevant just as listing any other occupation of an accused person.

That said, the phrase used was "gay dancer" rather than dancer in a gay bar. Do they really know whether the man actually identifies as gay? Many workers in such environments do not. So on top of the phrasing revealing irrelevant info if true, we don't really know if it's true. 

I see your point. Of course we might ask "Does it matter to the case how he earned a living?" BTW love that avatar from cartoon I think Colbert had on the other night...

20 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

It might be relevant if he robbed and cheated in order to feed his gay addiction.

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Why do you need to put his gender into the story?

Does it make a difference as to whether he is male of female?

"Heterosexual human steals car*, would be better

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why do you need to put his gender into the story?

Does it make a difference as to whether he is male of female?

"Heterosexual human steals car*, would be better

Drug addict doing gay tricks got arrest in a ring ruse would have been better.

They clearly left out if the rape victim was male or female. I doubt he was actually gay himself

I would guess female as male rape victims rarely report.

Like I said before working in a gay bar often does not mean the worker is gay himself. Open wallet minded perhaps.

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

It seems to me the "journalists" are crying for facts to mention--so much so that non-facts are often stated when no significant facts exist. 

I think if it were a homosexual man who stole a car; it would be so stated in the news. If it were a one-legged man who stole the car, that too would be in the news. If it were a 98 year old grandma . . . . well, do you get the point?  

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

It seems to me the "journalists" are crying for facts to mention--so much so that non-facts are often stated when no significant facts exist. 

I think if it were a homosexual man who stole a car; it would be so stated in the news. If it were a one-legged man who stole the car, that too would be in the news. If it were a 98 year old grandma . . . . well, do you get the point?  

Was the car homosexual though?

7 hours ago, mrfill said:

Was the car homosexual though?

Did you walk to work or bring your lunch?

Although some may refer to a car as a he or a she; I don't see many who refer to the sexual orientation of a car.  Ones who do may indeed mention it. However, the make, model, year, or color of a car may be a different story.