Oyster Bars / Restaurants In Bangkok

robbiq8

I used to get the best oysters at a little resaurant that would open in the evening. There is no name, it just appears after sundown. Those big oysters served raw Thai style with all the condiments mmmmmmm.

It was on the right side of the street going from world trade toward Makasan.On Ratchaprarop. There was a photo shop near there...Jim Jum photo....and a little bit beyond there is a 7-11 on both sides of the street.

Sorry no address. If you want more details PM me.

Eric

Do you mean fresh oyster that serves in TH style?

(with lime, roasted chilli paste,fried onion,fresh garlic and "Gra Thin"(White Popinac) leaves?

There are many places for sea food

I will give your some poppular places

- restuarants around Bang khun thien -Chai talay Rd. Rama 2 (near the sea )

map_bangkhunthian.jpg

- vendors around Yaowarat Rd. (Chaina Town)

-Jae Khai ,Prachachen Rd ...(around 2-3 Km from The Mall Ngam Wong wan ) .. Its near Nittaya Gaiyang ,the one of popular Somtum Venue also )

post-19740-1166648634_thumb.jpg

I don't know of any oyster bars per se (good idea though), but just about any seafood restaurant of even the slightest caliber serves oysters on the half shell with all the fixings. I never thought of this as "thai style". A lot of Thai's don't want to touch this style of oysters because they are raw, which is odd to me as they happily eat other raw things like larvae and pork.

The best raw oysters that I have found in Bangkok were the ones I ate at The Prime in the Millennium Hilton.

corkscrew thanks for the visual. I will make it a point to drop by again at the Mill. Hilton off Charoen Nakron. I missed this last week as I was at a wedding (Chinese food). :D

Sold me. :D

:o

Ilyusin on icy cold mind benders!

Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by ilyushin

The best raw oysters that I have found in Bangkok were the ones I ate at The Prime in the Millennium Hilton.

corkscrew thanks for the visual. I will make it a point to drop by again at the Mill. Hilton off Charoen Nakron. I missed this last week as I was at a wedding (Chinese food). :D

Merry Christmas to all!

If you like steaks Prime does them nicely.

Merry Christmas to all!

That's perfect. :D Have friends at Baan Sathorn Chaophiya visit often so I will certainly do this asap.

Appreciate the shots.

Ilyushin DMZ-DMK-TH

Brain Freeze - Icy cold Mind Benders :D

Merry Christmas to all!

While you are there try the Caesar Salad.

That's perfect. :D Have friends at Baan Sathorn Chaophiya visit often so I will certainly do this asap.

Appreciate the shots.

Ilyushin DMZ-DMK-TH

Brain Freeze - Icy cold Mind Benders :D