Chinese student loses necklace in Pattaya snatch

webfact

Chinese student loses necklace in Pattaya snatch

3am.jpg

Picture: Manager

PATTAYA: -- A Chinese student was left shocked after a motorcycle snatch thief grabbed her 30,000 baht necklace and disappeared into the night Tuesday.

Police went to the site of the grab at the end of Soi 6 M. 9 where they found Yurika being comforted by locals, reported Manager.

They radioed to colleagues but the thief had disappeared without a trace.

She said that after a tiring day she was heading back to her hotel. A man on a black motorcycle made as if to go down the soi but turned back at her and grabbed her necklace.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-05

Last month I was at the San Diego zoo.  A young chinese couple was in front of me.  As they got up to the ticket counter, the girl unzipped the lower pocket on the Back of her little back pack and took out her credit card!  Any thief on the prowl could have easily used the old razor blade and cut open the pocket ( see the film bangkok dangerous), or simply unzipped the pocket.  They seem to have no concept of protecting their things.  Maybe just naive and young, but I know even when I was young we were warned by friends and families about not having things so easy to get to.  Don't know if Chinese don't get the travel warnings, or just don't understand them.  Maybe it is common in china or other countries to walk around with wallets hanging out of their back pockets, travel documents, ATM and credit cards easy to get at, etc.

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Another visitor never to return to Thailand and will tell a thousand other Chinese not to visit also!!

yes, sometimes they do come handy...

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

So much for this tourists Happy Zone!!  Another

visitor never to return to Thailand and will tell a

thousand other Chinese not to visit also!!

There will still be a billion left on their way.

A warning about wearing gold on the plane might be a good idea.

And the police said, "Well, at least you didn't get hurt.  So, was it a man that looked like a lady, or a lady that looked like a man?  We'll get right on it.  Try back tomorrow.  No, we don't need to know what it looked like."

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I feel more safe at night in Pattaya than in most European cities.

Safe is a relative term.  I am pretty sure petty theft happens more often in Pattaya than just about any other city I have been in, but as far as physical safety I agree I never had any fear.  Have always over the years there walked around at all hours of the night.  Always kind of fun in the past to wake up after nap or after being a bit restless and having a stroll down to walking street and see what was hanging around.  Great vacations. no worries I can reall

They need to teach tourists to stay inside the new Happy zone.   Should be a sign waiting when you arrive Pattaya to get your arse to the Happy Zone asap to avoid any problems.  

Edited by balo