Now that's what I call good service !!

Today had the car booked in for a service but on setting off discovered I had a flat tire, with a nail right in the middle of the tread .

Put the doughnut on and set off for Honda hoping to get it fixed thrown in with the service ?

Silly me !!

They wouldn't touch it.

Went to the local B-Quick and they sorted it quickly and professionally !!

Asked how much - no charge !!

Well there's a first !

Congratulations B - Quick Navanakorn !

Anybody ever been pleasantly surprised in this nature ?

Went to Maxxis (Sukhumvith Road Pattaya - close to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya) for replacement of the two front tyres. After having arrived there they discovered a nail sticking out of one of my back tyres. Even before mentioning this to me they started repairing the leak at no costs !

Extremely good service !

Went to Maxxis (Sukhumvith Road Pattaya - close to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya)

Extremely good service !

Yes they are a good shop will obtain and fit almost any tyre you want for car ,truck or motorbikes with good prices. :)

Thats weird i always have to pay money when one a mine tyres need to be  repaired at the shop.what am i doing wrong here?

I must admit I was surprised !
When the young kid was waffling on to my gf I thought he was trying to sell me a new tyre, I was expecting the worst, so it was a very pleasant surprise when he said no charge .

i can attest to the OP's story. once i even tried to tip the dude who fixed my tire - he refused! as long as parts are available (or you chance upon the better employees), B-quik will indeed fix those punctures for free.

For B-quick, Maxxis and the other brand-name tire shops, pulling nails and plugging leaks for free on a 'walk-in' tire is a loss leader even if you haven't bought your tires there before. As seen in this thread, their fast and free service will stick in the punters mind and if only half of those customers return to buy new tires when needed, they have banked.

Edited by NanLaew

Took my bike to the local shop because it was making a new funny sound. The guy stopped what he was doing, took it for a cruise down the road, rolled back in, made some adjustments to the carb, oiled the chain, smiled and said "Mai Pen Rai" when I asked how much. It isn't just the bigger businesses. :smile:

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Thats weird i always have to pay money when one a mine tyres need to be  repaired at the shop.what am i doing wrong here?

Probably depends on the type of repair. B Quick and others push some sort of plug into the hole which seals it but apparently may not be permanent. This way they do not even have to take the tyre off if the puncture is obvious. I had a tyre with several of these "plugs" from punctures and ended up having to replace it.

Apparently (so I was told....) best way is to have them patched on the inside with a heat seal of some sort which I think is normally about 2-250 baht - there is also a cheaper patch.

17 hours ago, topt said:

Probably depends on the type of repair. B Quick and others push some sort of plug into the hole which seals it but apparently may not be permanent. This way they do not even have to take the tyre off if the puncture is obvious. I had a tyre with several of these "plugs" from punctures and ended up having to replace it.

Apparently (so I was told....) best way is to have them patched on the inside with a heat seal of some sort which I think is normally about 2-250 baht - there is also a cheaper patch.

They take the tyre off, plus they guarantee the repair..