Huge queue at Pattaya Immigration this morning

webfact

In januari. (7-10). Three times I tried to extend my Visa. Got there 8.35. Waited. 

Told to come back later same day. Come back later. Asked to come back next day.

On the day my visa expired they finally accepted and gave me a que number (830 in  the morning. Come back 13.00. Got number 197 of 200)

I own my own apartment. Have tourist visa. Still have to make TM30 and report myself.

The above reasons are why I have a multi entry visa and skip the 30 days extension and instead go to Kambodja. Migration looses 1900 (and sometimes they want extra money 1000-5000. 1000 for not only extending 15 days instead of the legal 30 days or 5K for "VIP service" on my old EDU visa)

I follow Thai laws. Respect the country. Get legal visas in my home country. I inject about 1.5 million THB/year to the economy. Still.. I wish this was easier. 

The funny thing is that now my passport have 10 Cambodja Visa so the immigration officer asks/thinks I have to many. With a multi entry visa.  I love this country, but they sure treat us as ATMs sometimes. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2017 at 10:01 PM, johng said:

Yes but what if you get to the office and there was a powercut  the next day was a bank holiday followed by the weekend

and then a long new years holiday  ?

My visa has always expired on a weekend. I don't know if this is normal and why Fridays seem to be busy.

22 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

What this holiday list fails to take into account is that Pattaya celebrates Songkran on the 19th (officially, we all know the water wars start earlier and continue later)  So just because Immigration is open, that doesn't make it available. ...

Stop making the official Thai office holiday calendar more confusing than it it. People keep mentioning closed 13th to 16th where the reality it is closed 13th and 14th and 15th and 16th is the weekend when it would be closed anyway.

Just because Pattaya has an unofficially extended Songkran CELEBRATION, that does not extend to the official Songkran HOLIDAY.

Last working day before Songkran is 12th and first working day after Songkran is 17th.

Whichever day you chose to do your Immigration business, wear a plastic poncho for the Songkran eedjits and bring an umbrella for the more natural causes of impromptu wetness.

End of.

12 hours ago, USPatriot said:

My visa has always expired on a weekend. I don't know if this is normal and why Fridays seem to be busy.

Should be obvious why Friday's are busy, You mention it in your own post.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Stop making the official Thai office holiday calendar more confusing than it it. People keep mentioning closed 13th to 16th where the reality it is closed 13th and 14th and 15th and 16th is the weekend when it would be closed anyway.

Just because Pattaya has an unofficially extended Songkran CELEBRATION, that does not extend to the official Songkran HOLIDAY.

Last working day before Songkran is 12th and first working day after Songkran is 17th.

Whichever day you chose to do your Immigration business, wear a plastic poncho for the Songkran eedjits and bring an umbrella for the more natural causes of impromptu wetness.

End of.

I'm sure the immigration office on the 19th will be relatively free of queues, if you managed to make it down there

I do believe there will be a moderate size queue

tomorrow morning at 8:37. This may well stretch into car park.

this will be due to the high  influx of people over the last 4 weeks

in to pattaya.

Also because it's Monday morning and idiots still think its a good idea to

go early on a Monday morning.

You have been warned,    no crying about it latter.

I would also suggest to bring a baseball cap if you are follically  challenged.

as there may well be bright sun light.

have a good morning :jap:

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

I'm sure the immigration office on the 19th will be relatively free of queues, if you managed to make it down there

You'll need to get there around 5 AM. ;) But then you've also gotta make it out. I've previously suggested that people go in the AM the night before and rent a room nearby. Haven't paid that much attn, but looks like there's a hotel next door even.

On 08/04/2017 at 9:36 AM, theswedishguy said:

In januari. (7-10). Three times I tried to extend my Visa. Got there 8.35. Waited. 

Told to come back later same day. Come back later. Asked to come back next day.

On the day my visa expired they finally accepted and gave me a que number (830 in  the morning. Come back 13.00. Got number 197 of 200)

I own my own apartment. Have tourist visa. Still have to make TM30 and report myself.

The above reasons are why I have a multi entry visa and skip the 30 days extension and instead go to Kambodja. Migration looses 1900 (and sometimes they want extra money 1000-5000. 1000 for not only extending 15 days instead of the legal 30 days or 5K for "VIP service" on my old EDU visa)

I follow Thai laws. Respect the country. Get legal visas in my home country. I inject about 1.5 million THB/year to the economy. Still.. I wish this was easier. 

The funny thing is that now my passport have 10 Cambodja Visa so the immigration officer asks/thinks I have to many. With a multi entry visa.  I love this country, but they sure treat us as ATMs sometimes. 

I love this country, but they sure treat us as ATMs sometimes

Where did sometimes come from?

My wife never goes to the immigration here nor ever will again and she even gets free healthcare, she can own her own house with land and business, she says she has more freedom here that at home. What nice people we must be to allow this when our brothers cannot retire without having to do tho 90 day form filling worrying reports. Civilization v Repression

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

End of.

I have been told the office is closed on the 17th (by someone working there).

Friend of mine uses one of the many visa/travel agents to do his 90 day.
Drop in his passport, pick up next day.
200Baht, why stand in the sun?

With a three week window there should be no need to stand in the sun at all for a 90 day report.

If I go first thing in the morning I have had to wait 40 mins at most inside but that is getting there before they open as I am virtually passing, otherwise I go mid-morning on tues, wed, thurs and am in and out in 5 mins.

Specifically on 90 days reports there really should be no need for waiting if you keep yourself informed of holiday dates.

2 hours ago, Orac said:

there really should be no need for waiting if you keep yourself informed of holiday dates.

That's asking a lot. Many here don't even know when it's Saturday and Sunday. Our lives shouldn't center around being in the country legally and meeting all the demands put on us by Immigration, wives, and girlfriends. 

16 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

That's asking a lot. Many here don't even know when it's Saturday and Sunday. Our lives shouldn't center around being in the country legally and meeting all the demands put on us by Immigration, wives, and girlfriends. 

I did not realise 90 day reporting was such a chore that their lives are centered around it.

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I did not realise 90 day reporting was such a chore that their lives are centered around it.

I think and assumed the context was all interaction and dealings with Thai Immigration a farang has to endure. In addition of course, the rumored requirement for National Health Care at some 150,000. Baht a year prepaid to the Thai Government is in the works. This will surely thin out the deadbeat farangs here just fathering children and without a worry in the world who will pay for their and their offspring's healthcare. God Bless those Children. 

1 minute ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I think and assumed the context was all interaction and dealings with Thai Immigration a farang has to endure. In addition of course, the rumored requirement for National Health Care at some 150,000. Baht a year prepaid to the Thai Government is in the works. This will surely thin out the deadbeat farangs here just fathering children and without a worry in the world who will pay for their and their offspring's healthcare. God Bless those Children. 

A rumored National health care scheme ?

I don't reckon too many are concerned about that at this stage.

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A rumored National health care scheme ?

I don't reckon too many are concerned about that at this stage.

They will as it will be required to obtain a long term VISA such as a Retirement Visa. This makes a lot of common sense and I can actually envision how it could immediately become corrupt and result in a cash cow to many so maybe the rumor has some veracity to it diba? God Bless You Don Mega and OO. 

They will as it will be required to obtain a long term VISA such as a Retirement Visa. This makes a lot of common sense and I can actually envision how it could immediately become corrupt and result in a cash cow to many so maybe the rumor has some veracity to it diba? God Bless You Don Mega and OO. 

And when will it happen ?

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And when will it happen ?

It was discussed openly before the military took over the Government. I've not read much about it sense but it's still there in some department being considered. At the time, the private hospitals were against it as they would not make money participating as the reimbursement amounts wouldn't pay for all the flash and glitter they have invested in. The Government hospitals weren't set up for the influx of patients as already overcrowded, not even mentioning the communication breakdowns. Focus on pre existing conditions Don Mega and you have the key to health care coverage world wide. God Bless those ill at this very moment. 

It was discussed openly before the military took over the Government. I've not read much about it sense but it's still there in some department being considered. At the time, the private hospitals were against it as they would not make money participating as the reimbursement amounts wouldn't pay for all the flash and glitter they have invested in. The Government hospitals weren't set up for the influx of patients as already overcrowded, not even mentioning the communication breakdowns. Focus on pre existing conditions Don Mega and you have the key to health care coverage world wide. God Bless those ill at this very moment. 

So no time soon then.

Why are you scaremongering ?

Jesus, somebody please make a loud and public plea to immigration, the Prime Minister, the Media etc.  to get rid of the 90 day reporting and make it once a year, in line with the nominal 1 year Extensions.  Obviously better for the foreigners but more importantly, it frees up the immigration people so they can handle all the other issues.  Having a 90 day reporting requirement while holding an approved 1 year extension, or other types such as the 5 year Elite visa is just wrong and wasteful

There is a lot of wasteful employment in Thailand; it provides incomes and keeps unemployment down. A junta or a government here does not want masses of people out of work, disillusioned with their lot and with time on their hands.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, tj916 said:

Friend of mine uses one of the many visa/travel agents to do his 90 day.

Drop in his passport, pick up next day. 200Baht, Why stand in the sun?

Why pay 200 baht and get the hassle to go to a visa-agent

when you can make your 90-Days online for free in a few minutes ?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why pay 200 baht and get the hassle to go to a visa-agent

when you can make your 90-Days online for free in a few minutes ?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

the online reporting has been down that last 2 times ive had to do my reporting and from reading the forum has been down quiet a while.