Video: Pick-up refuses to stop after motorcyclist ends up in the ditch

webfact

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

The bike rider could have drowned in the ditch.very scumbag to just ignore him and drive on!in Europe its serious offence leaving a accident location.

Your not in Europe and this place has very few Marshals out and about. Its why they build those little buildings called Police Boxes. A shelter from the rain relax watch a little TV and watch the clock. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Your not in Europe and this place has very few Marshals out and about. Its why they build those little buildings called Police Boxes. A shelter from the rain relax watch a little TV and watch the clock. 

What is the minimum sentence for fleeing an accident location and not help a wounded victim?

8 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes you do but when it comes to the local "Kings of the road" not so much. 

Mini bus and coach drivers are the worst for this.  But in some ways its easier as everyone else knows that if they're not given right of way, there WILL be a collision!

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Mini bus and coach drivers are the worst for this.  But in some ways its easier as everyone else knows that if they're not given right of way, there WILL be a collision!

Kind of reminds me of the days of King Arthur

Either way, someone was doomed, if the driver of the truck would have hit his brakes hard, the guy in the back would have flown over the truck.  

Can't cure stupid

Edited by Dakhar

16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

13 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Kind of reminds me of the days of King Arthur

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not sure about King Arthur times as the lovely myth says the knights were courteous.  Perhaps Samurai times? :smile:

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Jousting. Similar to jesting which takes place on TV all the time. 

I recognised the intention -  hence the smiley face after suggesting that the Samurai were a better example of "Kings of the Road"!

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I recognised the intention -  hence the smiley face after suggesting that the Samurai were a better example of "Kings of the Road"!

I realize that but my mind seems to be having a Startrek day. "To go where no man has gone before"

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Isn't it right have the right of way in Thailand ?

The truck was already on the road , so the stop sign was not for the second lane he approached.

Motorbike should have slowed down to avoid this accident.

"Isn't it right have the right of way in Thailand ?"

No, it is not. I hope you don't drive or ride here.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"No sympathy, for MC rider, see it all the time, did you see the MC rider brake, no skidding, nothing, they all seem to think that everybody has to give way to MC riders regardless of road rules."

"Road rules" say that the MC rider had right of way....

Yes you are correct, do you ride or drive your bike/car with the assumption that the Thai driver on your right or left is going to give way to you? I slow down and check in every direction when crossing an intersection regardless whether it has lights or not, had to many close shaves with drunk drivers running red lights. Even my Thai wife can't believe how many idiot MC and pick up drivers there are on the road.

2 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Yes you are correct, do you ride or drive your bike/car with the assumption that the Thai driver on your right or left is going to give way to you? I slow down and check in every direction when crossing an intersection regardless whether it has lights or not, had to many close shaves with drunk drivers running red lights. Even my Thai wife can't believe how many idiot MC and pick up drivers there are on the road.

Including a few foreign drivers....

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, in the comfort of sitting in front of a computer/phone screen and with the advantage of retrospect its easy to think the scooter driver should have slowed down dramatically (or stopped) to avoid any chance of a collision.

In real life.... the truck was moving very slowly (until the scooter gets v close...) so its understandable that the scooter (on the main road) thought the truck was waiting for him to pass.

I am seeing this from a motorcyclist point of view, and not from behind a computer screen. As an experienced motorcyclist myself, and do a lot of road trips, I still say the motorcyclist should have slowed down, in fact with the speed he was doing, he should have slowed down even before the truck came out.

7 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Holy Sh_t!

Same thing happened to me in Canada many years ago, except I was in a car. This sent shivers down me spine... I went through the windshield with my head because some jake arse didn't value the life of others.

I can only pray that I never do that to someone else, because in the end it was just another stupid accident that could have been prevented.

Hope the rider is OK.

Glad you're still with us too mate

Edited by akirasan
me fail english? Thats umpossible!

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its pick ups hightly involved in most road accidents limit their speed to 75 km..

Is that because you only have a scooter? It's not the pickups that cause accidents, the drivers usually do. 

55 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am seeing this from a motorcyclist point of view, and not from behind a computer screen. As an experienced motorcyclist myself, and do a lot of road trips, I still say the motorcyclist should have slowed down, in fact with the speed he was doing, he should have slowed down even before the truck came out.

+ 1. I've got to agree with you and it really makes no sense that the bike didn't even slow down.

But some of them are too busy on their phones. 

The accident happened because two inexperienced and brainless drivers met at some point, maybe at the wrong time.  

1 minute ago, ajarngreg said:

+ 1. I've got to agree with you and it really makes no sense that the bike didn't even slow down.

But some of them are too busy on their phones. 

The accident happened because two inexperienced and brainless drivers met at some point, maybe at the wrong time.  

The real issue is that one of them involved in the accident ran off without caring for the wounded victim in the ditch!

From the number of varying opinions on the video, it would appear everyone is making different estimates. To me, the scooter guy did not attempt to brake or decelerate. The pickup was moving at a speed where anyone with road awareness could avoid it easily.

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its pick ups hightly involved in most road accidents limit their speed to 75 km..

So that explains why the majority of road deaths in Thailand are on motorbikes.

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

So that explains why the majority of road deaths in Thailand are on motorbikes.

It also explains that the guy doesn't know much about Thailand's traffic problems.