Could we get some clarity as to why Twitter quotes are being moderated?

attrayant

Politicians and celebrities often make statements on Twitter, and we often quote those statements.  Twitter uses a blue check mark next to the account name as an assurance that the source is genuine and credible.  So when we post Twitter comments, these are coming straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.  That is about as credible as you can get.  So you can imagine how many of us were perplexed at the mass deletion of snapshots of Twitter quotes in the Syria thread with this comment from a moderator:

A number of posts containing links to Twitter blogs have been removed as they are non credible sources of information. 

I don't know about the other posts, but mine were screenshots - not links to Twitter itself.  Posting a snapshot of what somebody said is materially the same thing as quoting them with text.  Can somebody clarify why that type of quoting is less credible than if I simple transcribe the Twitter quote and post it as text?

From the forum rules:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

In the case you mention, I suggest that you send a PM to the moderator who posted the message you have quoted and give a link to that post for easy reference.

:mfr_closed1:

Archived