127.6 billion baht expected to be spent during Songkran festival

snoop1130

127.6 billion baht expected to be spent during Songkran festival

310_Songkran.jpg

An estimated 127.6 billion baht are expected to be spent during the long holidays of the Songkran festival, said Mr Thanawat Polvichai, director of the economic and business forecast centre of the Thai Chamber of Commerce University, on Friday.

Although the anticipated spending representing an increase of 2.53 percent compared to last year’s spending during the festive holidays and is the highest in 11 years, he said that the spending growth rate is lower than the average rate of 4.51 percent because the public are concerned with high cost of living and are not sure of their future incomes.

Thanawat said that spending behavior of Songkran revelers this year would differ from previous years with revelers shifting from seaside and waterfall destinations to eco and health tourism.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/127-6-billion-baht-expected-spent-songkran-festival/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-4-7

Well it wont be me spending during songkran, stocked up with everything.

No need to venture out, remote for the electric gate hidden, nobody in without my say so

Yes i am a cranky old bugger..

Edited by colinneil

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the public are concerned with high cost of living and are not sure of their future incomes.

The only truth in the whole article. I wonder where they find the mathematical geniuses that come up with these right to the decimal point figures. In the end again its all about the money not the meaning. If they are counting my contribution to Songkran its effectively ZERO

Songkran shopping list
- Buy a sexy songkran shirt
- Buy a big water pistol
- Buy lots of beer
- Buy lots of Talcum powder
- Pay for a large water bill
- Bang out the tunes and pay a big Electricity bill
- Go to Khoa san road and party like its 1999, Music, Sexy shirt, Big Water Pistol, Visit Bars and drink lots of beer!

Oh hang on, this has all been banned!

Shopping List
- Buy 20 baht plastic plant water spray bottle.
- No need to buy shirt just wear a white or black t-shirt, already have.
- Buy a bottle of pop, 10 baht
- Stay at home. No where to go party.

The only truth in the whole article. I wonder where they find the mathematical geniuses that come up with these right to the decimal point figures. In the end again its all about the money not the meaning. If they are counting my contribution to Songkran its effectively ZERO

It is amazing isn't it, the precision of these forcasts? If he's a bit out, say .2 billion Baht, is he dragged off by a couple of rubber truncheon wielding goons, if it's better than his forcasts then what, another row of medals and a bigger parachutists badge?

My contribution will be limited to a couple of cases of beer and some BBQ chicken for Best Beloved and her friends and relations, and loyally supporting Little Miss JAG at the local Karaoke talent competition - she's going to be a sing a song superstar you know...

Still I hope he's got it right. Enjoy yourself.

1 minute ago, JAG said:

It is amazing isn't it, the precision of these forcasts? If he's a bit out, say .2 billion Baby, is he dragged off by a couple of rubber truncheon wielding goons, if it's better than his forcasts then what, another row of medals and a bigger parachutists badge?

My contribution will be limited to a couple of cases of beer and some BBQ chicken for Best Beloved and her friends and relations, and loyally supporting Little Miss JAG at the local Karaoke talent competition - she's going to be a sing a song superstar you know...

Still I hope he's got it right. Enjoy yourself.

I will we both will be off the roads though at my age that is no guarantee of anything. Me and the g/f will  hunker down for 3 days with laid in supplies. It will pass fast as time is getting to be my worst enemy. But as previously mentioned I side stepped a million diseases and sicknesses up to this point so what can go wrong.