Nonthaburi Immigration Today

I thought that it may be a bad day but ...  I wanted to do 90Day Report (I normally do it by post but as I was going ....)  and Extension (retirement and based on money in the bank)

My bank was very slow producing the letter this morning so I didn't get there until 9:30am

The Officer on the door checked all the extension papers and was happy ...I said that I also wanted to do the 90Day Report ... he said after ... little point in arguing but I thought at the time that could be a bad move.

He also gave me the 'wot you do form'  I had brought a completed one with me anyway, so used that and a form to sign saying I understood the penalties.

So I had prepared and though...done it all ..

TM7 and Photo

TM30 (2 sheets)

Copy Blue Book

Copy Owner ID Card

Bank Letter

Updated Bank Book and Copy of Last three Months

Copy Passport

Copy Last Extension

Copy Departure Card

Copy TM47

BUT change since last Year The IO wanted a copy of all the pages in my Passport which showed annual extensions.

AND said that the Bank Letter showing Funds needs to be in Thai, so she had to get approval from above ...I hope that the bank can produce that in Thai else a little problem next year.

So finished interview about 11:15am and was told to go and wait for my photo to be taken ..

Twelve O'clock shut for lunch ... come back after 1pm  ....we drove around and found an eating place.

1:20pm photo taken

1:45pm extension done ....Now a huge queue for 90 day so thought sod it and I will go back on Monday.

Was going to have a hour or so at the Motor Show again ... but again though sod it and went straight home.

Next year will definitely do it after the holidays ...I usually go a month early 'just in case' but hit the 'holiday traffic' last year as well  

Edited by JAS21

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

AND said that the Bank Letter showing Funds needs to be in Thai, so she had to get approval from above ...I hope that the bank can produce that in Thai else a little problem next year.

Would be more than surprising if not.

Such a letter is not "foreigner specific".

Just checked my last letter from Bangkok Bank (Sep 2016).

All in Thai except my name.

They have completely changed from 2015.

New letter is very "minimalistic".

bangkokbankletter2016.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, thaijoe said:

can i ask what country you are from? i didnt have to have all of that. bank book, i just needed the form from the thai ministry application that was 200 baht there on chang wattana,

I think you may had a income letter from your embassy with the signature on it certified by the consular affairs department.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaijoe said:

yes, ubonjoe, thats what i had last year, hope it is the same this week  i have to go WED

It will be the same. It applying at Nonthaburi you will still need the signature verification.

I will apply for extension (retirement) at Nonthaburi soon.  I was out of the kingdom most of last year, and I am wondering what things have changed.  I have two questions: 

1.  For financial info, I always have over Baht 800k in a Thai bank, and I always bring copies of bank book (updated), a letter from the bank confirming this, and also the income letter notarized by the US Embassy.  What is this signature verification certification (of the embassy letter) by the consular affairs department?  Do I need to get this verification even though I have more than the required amount in the bank? 

2.  Is the TM.30 required every year now for an extension? 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Zenwind said:

What is this signature verification certification (of the embassy letter) by the consular affairs department?  Do I need to get this verification even though I have more than the required amount in the bank? 

Only needed if using the 65k baht income option or a combination of money in the bank and income.

Not sure about the TM30 requirement although that was on the OP's list.

The TM30, I'm not too sure about.

Two years ago they definately asked for it and gave me the tear off bit back.

Last year I just handed all the paperwork over. When I got my passport back it still had the previous years tear off slip and still had the same slip in when returned this year.

There was no mention that it wasn't required either by the IO at reception or the dealing IO.

Take one is my suggestion ....hang onto it until asked ...then we will all know. It does seem strange as we all do 90 day reports anyway.

The TM47 copy is of course just a copy of the 90Day Report tear off slip.

I made a withdrawal from my CIMB  Speed Savings a/c on the day before asking for thr bank letter...

Edited by JAS21

JAS21, it certainly was a circus at Nonthaburi Immigration yesterday. I went in at 2 p.m. for an extension stamp and that took an hour and a half. The scene was what my British wife used to call "a bear garden." It's a cruel twist of fate to have these visits timed to occur during the holiday build-up.

5 hours ago, paddlinsteve said:

JAS21, it certainly was a circus at Nonthaburi Immigration yesterday. I went in at 2 p.m. for an extension stamp and that took an hour and a half. The scene was what my British wife used to call "a bear garden." It's a cruel twist of fate to have these visits timed to occur during the holiday build-up.

You can go up to one month early ... You will still get your twelve months from your official extension date.  Next year I will choose a different period!!

Did they ask for a TM30?

AND ... if you search this forum you can download the 'where you go what you do form' and fill in as much detail as you want ... save you doing it there AND you need a photo to attach.

Edited by JAS21

9 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

You can go up to one month early ... You will still get your twelve months from your official extension date.  Next year I will choose a different period!!

Did they ask for a TM30?

They made me do one before receiving my temp 60 day extension while fixing paperwork for my 1 year extension, even though I already had a valid tear off from my first TM30, they did not ask for another one when doing the paperwork for my first 1 year extension though. One thing I notice with this office, they like to dream up new requirements every time I show up there, but I guess thats part of the game.

No, they didn't ask for a new T.M. 30. I still have one stapled in my passport dated 1 February 2017, which I submitted 25 days after I arrived on my Non-Imm visa.

Next year's date is exactly one year after the end of the 30-day consideration period this year.

By 'where you go what you do form' you mean the personal data form, right? I was handed that when I went in to submit my documents for the first extension last month. I made sure to complete the part about my favorite sitcom and the baseball team that I supported.