A million baht dowry and a hundred foreign guests as gay British tour boss ties the knot with Thai man

webfact

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is your problem and obsession all about with this guy? Jealousy perhaps because he spent HIS money, not yours or anybody elses, on doing something that HE wanted to do?

Who cares about it?

Only you it seems, and it is nothing to do with you how anybody wishes to spend their OWN money.

Hahaja...He claims that he gave the mil a house of 1,5 million baht.That for the  sin sot the mil  on top of that demanded 200,000 bath which he negotiated down to 100,000 bht so he went in for 1,600,000 million..I find it very hard say something positive about it but even if the guy would burn his own money into smoke i could not care less about it surely.i only said i think he is a fool and a lousy negotiator.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What is your problem and obsession all about with this guy? Jealousy perhaps because he spent HIS money, not yours or anybody elses, on doing something that HE wanted to do?

Who cares about it?

Only you it seems, and it is nothing to do with you how anybody wishes to spend their OWN money.

is motley crue a rock band or a pseudonym for tv forum?

On 4/10/2017 at 0:44 PM, Moonlover said:

This really has got to be the most ill-informed comment I have ever read on this forum. Bar none!

just you wait, ignorance is not in short supply here.

already the nausea inducing comments flow freely.

Sad to see that so few here can actually see the significance of the ceremony and the dowry in this instance.

it is at once calling for change  while accepting thai traditional values.

simply by having the ceremony with all its publicity they are demanding acceptance of their union. 

good for them.

5 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Sad to see that so few here can actually see the significance of the ceremony and the dowry in this instance.

it is at once calling for change  while accepting thai traditional values.

simply by having the ceremony with all its publicity they are demanding acceptance of their union. 

good for them.

Somebody could be holding the wife of some of these guys with a knife to her throat and they would not pay over 1,000 Baht for a short time.

4 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

I have no idea what you are alluding too, but yes, I do live with my Thai husband in CM thank you very much. Get over it' as they say!

I am alluding to your signature that says you live with your boyfriend, so you e8ther live with your boyfriend or your husband..  nothing for me to get over, I am not criticising, just pointing out a discrepancy,  bit touchy haha

8 hours ago, nodomino said:

One of the Most humane aspects of life in Thailand is the reticence of Thai governments to involve themselves in the personal sexual lives of consenting adults or transgender people.  I am always amused at the condemnatory attitude that many farang bring with them from their homelands, attitudes that are the residue of centuries of barbaric and ignorant teachings of the churches who's ultimate authority rested on the power of coercive autocratic States. It took European subjects a thousand years to undo the death grip of the Church & State  and toss it onto the rubbish heap of history. 

Should you be overcome by a compulsion to condemn the happiness of others, just compose yourself and meditate. Your job in this life is to find YOUR own bliss.

But what if you've found your own "bliss" criticising the lives of others on Thai Visa?

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

That joke needs an explanation ... right over my head?

It simply means if you spent your time here belittling others for your own gratification you wouldn't be alone by any means. 

There exists an exclusive group that does just that.

1 million in dollars and not baht ?   :shock1:

That is so sick and stupid even if you're a millionaire,   I hope the Thai family is educated enough and invest the money in business and not wasting it on gambling and booze,

Just now, balo said:

1 million in dollars and not baht ?   :shock1:

That is so sick and stupid even if you're a millionaire,   I hope the Thai family is educated enough and invest the money in business and not wasting it on gambling and booze,

a-million-baht-dowry

On 4/10/2017 at 8:56 PM, Jingthing said:

Tradition!

Question : So when 2 people 1 thai and 1 farang of the same gender marry than according to the "tradition" the farang needs pay up the sin sot? But if 1 thai and 1Thai of the same gender marry who of them pays than the Sin sot?

My guess is there is no sin sot involved for any same gender marriage unless there is a farang  involved.

6 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Why can't people use homosexual instead of gay?  Such "partnerships" are against what we are taught in the Holy Bible by God.  Do I wish them well in their future life as many others do?  No way, but rather the opposite.     

Oy vey, you really really don't like gays! 

(Sad.) 

6 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Such "partnerships" are against what we are taught in the Holy Bible by God.

Did you just arrive in a time machine from 1950 ?  Welcome to the modern world,   I hope you jump back to 1950 and stay there. . 

25 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Question : So when 2 people 1 thai and 1 farang of the same gender marry than according to the "tradition" the farang needs pay up the sin sot? But if 1 thai and 1Thai of the same gender marry who of them pays than the Sin sot?

My guess is there is no sin sot involved for any same gender marriage unless there is a farang  involved.

I was joking. There is clearly very little tradition at all about same sex marriage in Thailand. Modern people in Thailand, Thais and foreigners, are free to make up their own traditions around same sex marriage as Thailand inevitably progresses over time towards legal marriage equality.

This couple chose a hetero-normative model in the extreme. Not the choice I would ever make but I support their right to their choice to do it whichever way they like.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Jeremy50 said:

Nice story, but the 1 mill dowry makes me feel uneasy.  Was it handed back after the wedding?  Good luck to them, the world needs more gays.

the world needs more gays - Why is that ?

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I was joking. There is clearly very little tradition at all about same sex marriage in Thailand. Modern people in Thailand, Thais and foreigners, are free to make up their own traditions around same sex marriage as Thailand inevitably progresses over time towards legal marriage equality.

This couple chose a hetero-normative model in the extreme. Not the choice I would ever make but I support their right to their choice to do it whichever way they like.

Yeah exactly Sin Sot does not even exist in same gender marriage.wish them all the best hope he doesnt feel deceived in any kind of way?

Archived