A million baht dowry and a hundred foreign guests as gay British tour boss ties the knot with Thai man

webfact

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its just as lame as most other topics and opinions here.

Waiting for your input topic wise des. Des meaning des lynam a football commentator who made a career out of commenting. If it's so lame why you reading it? Tell the truth now; addict 

29 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I can think of a lot of things that the world needs but gays doesn't come to mind

1. They aren't likely to add to the population of an over populated planet.

2. They are are usually sympathetic , understanding individuals, happy to listen.

3. Stylish and fashionable, and good company.

4. Many are highly creative and intelligent. Oscar Wilde, Stephen Fry, Lord Byron [bi], Francis Bacon[both the poet and the painter] etc etc.

5. Unlikely to be alcoholic loser whoremongers. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Waiting for your input topic wise des. Des meaning des lynam a football commentator who made a career out of commenting. If it's so lame why you reading it? Tell the truth now; addict 

Why farang need pay?its same gender very bizar..i now will break up with my ladyboy..

If you have any money at all having a big wedding is the norm in Thailand. That's just the way it is here and most other places as well. I know some of you went to the Amphur office and had the clerk volunteer to be a witness to save cash but that is considered a bit unusual.

40 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Okay it is a meaningless ceremony with nothing that benefited either person. Sure you could get letters. Have fun getting them translated, this form of proof is so obvious. A picture says a thousand words. If you do not understand that a commitment ceremony is legit proof of a relationship I really do not know what to tell you.

1) it is a meaningless ceremony with nothing that benefited either person.

Exactly. other than a show I agree with you.

2) Sure you could get letters. Have fun getting them translated,

Anyone who knows the British embassy would also know that any documents, letters, proof for a 'case' of 'immigration' is not an issue to have them translated. 

3) A picture says a thousand words.

Yes, the poor boy being bought doing the rounds of social media stuck in my mind too.

4)  If you do not understand that a commitment ceremony is legit proof of a relationship I really do not know what to tell you.

Any comment would be superfluous. A commitment ceremony. Check some other pics.

15 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its 2 males so explain me why the farang needs to put his one million on the table?

He doesn't "need to" at all. He can choose to or not, with whatever consequences that may or may not have for his relations with his partner and his partner's family.

In my case I reminded my about-to-be MIL that I was building her a new house @ 1.5m฿ so which did she want? the house or the 200,000฿ she was asking? Much merriment followed & we settled on 100,000฿ which I duly placed on the big dish with the pig's head, the fanta, the water, the fruit & the flowers that sat in front of us during the ceremony.  The money was counted at the end of the ceremony to check it was all there.

No sweat.

2 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

1) it is a meaningless ceremony with nothing that benefited either person.

Exactly. other than a show I agree with you.

2) Sure you could get letters. Have fun getting them translated,

Anyone who knows the British embassy would also know that any documents, letters, proof for a 'case' of 'immigration' is not an issue to have them translated. 

3) A picture says a thousand words.

Yes, the poor boy being bought doing the rounds of social media stuck in my mind too.

4)  If you do not understand that a commitment ceremony is legit proof of a relationship I really do not know what to tell you.

Any comment would be superfluous. A commitment ceremony. Check some other pics.

So you would be okay with it if it was legally recognized? Yes or no? Your main argument seems to stem from the ceremony being invalid because of the fact the people involved in it are deprived of their human rights to make a legal commitment.

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

He doesn't "need to" at all. He can choose to or not, with whatever consequences that may or may not have for his relations with his partner and his partner's family.

In my case I reminded my about-to-be MIL that I was building her a new house @ 1.5m฿ so which did she want? the house or the 200,000฿ she was asking? Much merriment followed & we settled on 100,000฿ which I duly placed on the big dish with the pig's head, the fanta, the water, the fruit & the flowers that sat in front of us during the ceremony.  The money was counted at the end of the ceremony to check it was all there.

No sweat.

So u went in for a house plus 100k.well at least your horrible story can warn some other fools.?

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

So u went in for a house plus 100k.well at least your horrible story can warn some other fools.?

If it's not a problem for me, why should it be a problem for you?

5 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

So you would be okay with it if it was legally recognized? Yes or no? Your main argument seems to stem from the ceremony being invalid because of the fact the people involved in it are deprived of their human rights to make a legal commitment.

You are missing my point.

Don't bring human rights into this.

Just now, Minnie the Minx said:

Not at all.

So the fact that they aren't able to have a legally recognized wedding which is what you rambled on about is not relevant. One day it will be the law and dinosaurs such as yourself will be looked upon like people that argued against interracial marriage. 

Thanks for clarifying it isn't these people in particular that bother you but the concept of equal rights in general that has your panties in a bunch.

7 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

It says a lot more about other posters that they wouldn't do this for the love of their life. 

Buy the mil a house of 1,5 million bht and than stiff negotiations for another 100,000..i do not think this is normal..but goodluck with it.

Just now, anotheruser said:

It says a lot more about other posters that they wouldn't do this for the love of their life. 

If it was just for show no problem but I seen how wasteful FIL are and it's clear to me and the Mrs that no amount of cash can fix the issues and it's simply better to move 100km or more away and blame me for their distance. I can live with that and build for a better future in her family name. Love of my life yes but part of that feeling grew when I gave her some cash to hold for the future of our family not the past and as our family grows, it grows. 

Just now, Rc2702 said:

If it was just for show no problem but I seen how wasteful FIL are and it's clear to me and the Mrs that no amount of cash can fix the issues and it's simply better to move 100km or more away and blame me for their distance. I can live with that and build for a better future in her family name. Love of my life yes but part of that feeling grew when I gave her some cash to hold for the future of our family not the past and as our family grows, it grows. 

It is a meaningless amount for the guy who gave it. I set up weddings in Hawaii for Japanese that cost more just to rent the venue. Maybe wasteful to you but financial pin prick for others.

4 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

So the fact that they aren't able to have a legally recognized wedding which is what you rambled on about is not relevant. One day it will be the law and dinosaurs such as yourself will be looked upon like people that argued against interracial marriage. 

Thanks for clarifying it isn't these people in particular that bother you but the concept of equal rights in general that has your panties in a bunch.

I'm sorry, I am not in Thailand do please refrain for calling me a dinosaur.

I have no issues with same sex marriages, I am for all women priests too. Interracial? Thanks, nice but you are bringing racism into this as well.

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well either u are trolling or a dumbass..

Well, thank you for those kind words but I really don't understand what your problem is. My paying a dowry is a problem for you? How? What inconvenience does it impose upon you whom I have never met?

Just now, anotheruser said:

It is a meaningless amount for the guy who gave it. I set up weddings in Hawaii for Japanese that cost more just to rent the venue. Maybe wasteful to you but financial pin prick for others.

I believe you should read the post again. 

5 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Your point is? As we are on the topic of the OP?

5 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

I'm sorry, I am not in Thailand do please refrain for calling me a dinosaur.

I have no issues with same sex marriages, I am for all women priests too. Interracial? Thanks, nice but you are bringing racism into this as well.

I asked you if gay marriage should be legal and you replied.... no not at all. 

This is why I said you are a dinosaur. Maybe English isn't your first language?

4 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

I asked you if gay marriage should be legal and you replied.... no not at all. 

This is why I said you are a dinosaur. Maybe English isn't your first language?

What type of dinosaur?

Beady eyes flying one or a vegetarian type? 

Do read up. 

I'm all for gay marriage. Keep it real though.

Archived