Nok Air apologizes for cancelled weekend flight, blames bad weather

snoop1130

Nok Air apologizes for cancelled weekend flight, blames bad weather

Sukawin Tanthavanich

1_2017410174216500_vOgJsIxRMkcikRYtdPhOMpRXgRMIAMevbLFUTClf_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Numerous complaints by passengers of a grounded Nok Airplane this weekend resulted in an official public apology by the airline via social media yesterday.

At least 150 passengers were affected by the cancellation of flight DD7525, which was slated to leave Phuket International Airport at 10:50pm on Saturday and land at Don Muang in Bangkok at 12:12am on Sunday.

“The Bangkok-bound flight had to be cancelled due to turbulent weather,” Nok Air officials posted on their official Facebook page.

Similar reasoning was also given for the delay of flight DD7524, due to arrive in Phuket from Bangkok at 10pm, which was rerouted to Hat Yai instead.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Nok-Air-apologizes-cancelled-weekend-flight-blames/66466?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-4-10

4 hours ago, eeyang wah said:

They did a last minute cancellation on me a couple of years back, with no explanation. Never again. 

You are angry that an airline dd not fly in  dangerous weather conditions, or when there was a mechanical issue, or a crew staffing issue, or a security threat.

Brilliant.

You would also be the first one to chime in with Never Again had the aircraft crashed.

IROPS occur every day. It's a normal regular part of flying. I logged approx. 100,000 kms last year. I had 2  IROPS . Big deal. It happens. My colleagues face  runway delays, cancellations and diversions and don't whinge about it.   Learn to deal with the realities of airplane flights.

The only reason you picked NOK was that the ticket was cheap. You will fly  on NOK again if the airfare is cheap. 

Edited by geriatrickid