Tourist visa to us (for thai woman)

Hello,

My friend is a 23 year-old Thai woman, currently studying at mid-tier university in BKK. She is interested in visiting me in the US for a 3 or 4 week stay this summer (july or august).

I suggested she apply for a tourist visa. Since she has incentive to return to Thailand (still a student), and I am writing a letter of recommendation (will take her on campus visits here in US, etc.), does anyone have any suggestions or advice (or similar experiences) on additional documents which may help in her success at the embassy? (she already knows about taking a her bank statement, dressing well, etc.)

graci!

Lose the letter unless you are some kind of school official.  If romance is even suspected what motivation do you expect the Consulate will see for her return?  unfortunly all visa seekers from Thailand suffer from a high rate of overstays so even those with the best of intentions have to prove the near improvable (that they will return, on time).  Her family, friends, teachers might be able to help but suspect your effort would be counter productive (unless perhaps you are happily married and can prove it?).

thanks. you're probably right. i am affiliated with the Center for Southeast Asian studies at University here, but as a graduate student completing my thesis.

she will need contact info or a guarantee of support to some degree won't she?

thanks again.