Man foiled by Farang's foul feet speaks out on his ordeal

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the french women ahould sure for him defamation given the amount of character assasination that has occured as a result of him posting his video.

Personally I am still trying to work out if it is the foul feet or the ethnicity of the own of the feet which has generated the greater or lesser proportion of the alleged outrage. 

Given the state of the problems the world is facing. If raised smelly feet is thw most morally outrageous thing foreginers have done to the natives they really have very little to complain about.

Peace and happy songkran folks. Stinky feet an' all.

On the way back from Kho Chang a few years ago i was sat behind two very obese people, They were only young and had met up on the island. They were both from the UK. Before we all got on the bus, they had loaded up with enormous amounts of Crisps, crispy squid snacks, and every eatable thing that made a noise when eaten.Also they had several cans of coke.

About 7 kliks on the road, they began to eat. And they didn't stop.They were sitting behind the driver and the eating and drinking noises were intolerable. They ate open mouthed and crunched with abandon. They drunk the coke and then proceeded to burp and belch until the gas was gone.

We were all pretty fed up with it after a while, and there looked as if there was going to be,no end to their gastronomic antics. Eventually( and i really didn't expect it) the driver stopped the bus and yelled, very loud and in broken English, "Stop eating, you pigs(only he used the word moo) We were all shocked by his explosion, but i guess he was as sick of it as were we. very shamefacedly they stopped. The rest of the journey was more comfortable without all the animal noises.What i don't understand is, did they really think that their behaviour was not offensive?

Any way, i don't think he got a tip from them at the end. i tipped him 100 baht, it was worth it.

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Where I come from, "a good slap" is a figure of speech for a beating rather than verbal reprimand, intelligent discussion or anything else exclusive of physical violence. 

As in the whole David Moyes saga. 

15 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I reckon the french women ahould sure for him defamation given the amount of character assasination that has occured as a result of him posting his video.

Personally I am still trying to work out if it is the foul feet or the ethnicity of the own of the feet which has generated the greater or lesser proportion of the alleged outrage. 

Given the state of the problems the world is facing. If raised smelly feet is thw most morally outrageous thing foreginers have done to the natives they really have very little to complain about.

Peace and happy songkran folks. Stinky feet an' all.

Jon

read your post, i thought it rather a silly reply. Are you of the same ilk of this woman and do not think that it is offensive to do such a thing , considering its offensive in this country, And that you would find it ok to have the same thing done to you? What other things can you name that have been done that have been morally outrageous to the "natives " as you call them, i think that that is a morally outrageous term in itself.

A happy(if smelly) songkran to you also

“I just want foreign tourists to hopefully do less of this and show some manners. It especially looks bad when a woman does it.”

.....because men and those who act like men can do what they want?

What about these legs? There'd be NO thread about smelly legs, right?

Leggish.jpg

Edited by ajarngreg
Legness

so funny I once rode in a mini-bus with a French girl and she did the same thing!  She was young and pretty good looking, from the picture looks alot like that young woman in the back..  I guess they think that since they're young pretty french girls they can put their feet  in your face.. in other words they get used to everyone kissing their asses.. and there's no shortage of guys doing just that. 

51 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

If a women sticks her stinking feet in your face and you beat her, isn`t that self defence?

Yep, gives you the right to fight.  

After legs up.jpg

Edited by ajarngreg
Beat her

Ah she's French. Okay now I get it. I mean no offense but from experience, French girls are amongst the easiest to bang. 

No wonder she puts up and spreads her legs the moment, an opportunity arises. 

18 minutes ago, fruitman said:

First time i was in california gym i saw all of them putting their bare feet on the couches/chairs...without a towell.

But Thai feet don't stink as much as farang feet, that's true.

...said the foot fetishist. Better than a spiritual Incest, or? 

Spiritual Incest.jpg

Edited by ajarngreg
Add

24 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Jon

read your post, i thought it rather a silly reply. Are you of the same ilk of this woman and do not think that it is offensive to do such a thing , considering its offensive in this country, And that you would find it ok to have the same thing done to you? What other things can you name that have been done that have been morally outrageous to the "natives " as you call them, i think that that is a morally outrageous term in itself.

A happy(if smelly) songkran to you also

I find the term farang outragous.. but i have more important things to worry about.

The fact you goad me with" of the same ilk as this women" (see my response above).

As for other morally outragous... things that forigners have done to Thais (is that acceptable?). Well those are very few and that kinda is my point. So getting all hot and sweaty (like the feet) under the collar is shows just how lucky Thailand if this the worst forigners do here. It is a rather trivial event tbh. The only thing hurt here is someones sensibility. No lasting damage. 

But i do know if a Thai has been shamed this way. The Computer Crimes act would have been whipped out and the poster would be up on degamation charges quicker than you could blink. Irrespective of the cultural intricacies here.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

I have taken a moment, and yes i still think she needs a damn good slap.

Slapping a young girl for such an easy problem to solve, My My all that would do is wind up people like myself who believe you do not hit a woman, so then you would get a harder slap from me for breaking the rule Real Men do not hit women and where would we be then, both in trouble I expect.

If you can use communication just talk to her and sometimes Thais English is close to impossible to understand so you may need to try twice. 30 years in Thai and I did not know about this feet fetish at first even wife now after 10 years marriage makes me uncross my legs when I sit down talking to Thais. Yet I see them all the time cross their leg's and put their feet on my furniture.

One rule for one another rule for another

My advice just talk it out as violence never solves anything and slapping kids as she is will get you into a hospital close by very quickley

Where are your morals Man? Lived in this neck of the woods to long maybe?

Ps even now ten years after marriage I cannot understand my wife at times so always ask her to repeat what she says until I understand her.

Learn to speak English if you want to communicate with others outside of your own country, it is the NO1 language of the world (at Present)

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Slapping a young girl for such an easy problem to solve, My My all that would do is wind up people like myself who believe you do not hit a woman, so then you would get a harder slap from me for breaking the rule Real Men do not hit women and where would we be then, both in trouble I expect.

If you can use communication just talk to her and sometimes Thais English is close to impossible to understand so you may need to try twice. 30 years in Thai and I did not know about this feet fetish at first even wife now after 10 years marriage makes me uncross my legs when I sit down talking to Thais. Yet I see them all the time cross their leg's and put their feet on my furniture.

One rule for one another rule for another

My advice just talk it out as violence never solves anything and slapping kids as she is will get you into a hospital close by very quickley

Where are your morals Man? Lived in this neck of the woods to long maybe?

Ps even now ten years after marriage I cannot understand my wife at times so always ask her to repeat what she says until I understand her.

Learn to speak English if you want to communicate with others outside of your own country, it is the NO1 language of the world (at Present)

:sleep::sleep:

5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet..... I personally feel that this guy is a complete wet blanket for wasting bandwidth with such whining best left to older ladies' gatherings at the morning market.

What has this got to do with the 'etiquette of Thailand ' - are you saying stuffing your feet in someone else's face elsewhere in the world is acceptable?

I'm pretty sure if she had done it to you you would have done more than 'whine' - she'd have got short shrift from me the french ****.

Anyway this 'etiquette of Thailand' is complete BS any way- loads of Thais point their feet at people these days and don't think twice about it. its a storm in a teacup so dry your eyes princess. 

Edited by Psimbo

I don't agree what this woman did. In fact I find it  deplorable.  But, when I go home next time on my visit to my home country and my home town, I am going to film all the local Thai's and there are many of them. Drunken fools in the local bars. Men and women. The majority by the way are in the country illegally.  So, when I come back, I can put it all on Thai Visa.  It won't make a bit of difference. Just like this story doesn't make any difference. Nothing is going to change.  But, it shows there are as*h#les everywhere.

9 minutes ago, kowpot said:

I don't agree what this woman did. In fact I find it  deplorable.  But, when I go home next time on my visit to my home country and my home town, I am going to film all the local Thai's and there are many of them. Drunken fools in the local bars. Men and women. The majority by the way are in the country illegally.  So, when I come back, I can put it all on Thai Visa.  It won't make a bit of difference. Just like this story doesn't make any difference. Nothing is going to change.  But, it shows there are as*h#les everywhere.

Especially on TV with so many Thai bashing comments.

23 hours ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

Just say to her in french "enculer" she will understands. Pronounce "on-ku-lier"

10 minutes ago, TerrylSky said:

He should have complained to the bus driver; the bus driver should have stopped and put her on the luggage rack on top. The woman is a impolite disrespectful well... you got it.... Farang.  

Racist and sterotypical claptrap. 

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually he did ask her to remove and she heard and did as he spoke and immediately placed back on seat when he turned.

well, I can pretty much assure you that if the person in back put her feet back up, some other people would have taken some action.  She had no right to put her feet up there, never mind the general rudeness, never mind the general social customs of the country which she was ignoring.  I wouldn't put up with her feet being there

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

He did.  Despite language barrier his message was clear and polite.  

15 hours ago, jonclark said:

I find the term farang outragous.. but i have more important things to worry about.

The fact you goad me with" of the same ilk as this women" (see my response above).

As for other morally outragous... things that forigners have done to Thais (is that acceptable?). Well those are very few and that kinda is my point. So getting all hot and sweaty (like the feet) under the collar is shows just how lucky Thailand if this the worst forigners do here. It is a rather trivial event tbh. The only thing hurt here is someones sensibility. No lasting damage. 

But i do know if a Thai has been shamed this way. The Computer Crimes act would have been whipped out and the poster would be up on degamation charges quicker than you could blink. Irrespective of the cultural intricacies here.

Are you aware that there is a recognised culture course that can be taken? i did mine at Mahidol university, because i was interested in the culture of this country.

At the course,over 3 days, we were taught what was considered god behaviour when in Thai society.Even to the point of how men and women should sit and stand. These are considered important, among Thai people.And let me assure you that the feet and the head were discussed at great length.The head should not be touched, patted, or handled in any way. The feet are the lowest part of the body. The soles of the feet should not be shown, nor should pointing or careless actions of the feet with careless disregard.Have you ever noticed that some Thai people will make a cursory bow when passing an older person, so that the elder's head would be above the younger's.

Also are you aware that it is considered, a sin,

to throw money, bills or coins, nor should you step on a note if dropped.This because the kings head is on the note and it is considered an insult to throw or stand on the kings head.As for your hatred of the term 'ferang' get used to it because it isn't going away any time soon.And if you are insulted by the term (outrageously that is) then you should think about other countries in the world.

The Chinese call us Guello's (white devil)

The Americans call us Limey's (do you know why?)

The Pilippine people call us foreigners, Plain and simple.

Did you know that the English were the original 'Yankees" because the Huron and the Mohawk, who fought alongside the French and  Americans in 1776 couldn't pronounce the word 'English' and so we were called 'The Yengese'

The Australians, call us Poms.

I suggest that you must be very thin skinned if you feel slighted at the word Ferang.

If you have more important things to worry about, i feel sorry for you. As an expat living here, you shouldn't have important things to worry about.

But getting back to the topic at hand. I still consider you an Oaf and completely out of touch, if yu consider its ok to do what this woman did. Believe me, if i was on a bus and you did it, i would have told you not to be so ignorant.

I believe the recognised Thai Culture course is still available at Mahidol, for the cost of 8000 baht. I would suggest that you take some time out(and put your other important worries on hold pro tem) and take the course.It would would educate you.