Who's in the wrong? 18 wheeler crushes car as both try to make u-turn

Are you saying the truck driver has no blame in this???? Like Transam, I had an HGV licence too, and I know exactly what he was saying,
and as a previous poster said, the car driver should have been driving more defensively.

This is how thedemon drives !

IMG_2548.JPG

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Truck in wrong lane, maneuvered without signaling..... no brainer 

Truck was in a turning lane also ...watch the video...you will see the lane the truck is in is also a designated turning lane

Cheers

7 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Don't agree! This is where road etiquette ( not law) should be taught. Rightly or wrongly it was clear that the truck was going to turn so why not let him go? As I have said before, I would rather be cautious and safe than proclaim 'right of way' and be sorry. 

both trucks are in u turn lanes, there are 2 lanes to U-turn, go back and look at the video again and look again at the arrows on the road in the lane the trucks are in..

truck should have had its indicator on and should have checked his mirror before starting his turn

both trucks are in u turn lanes, there are 2 lanes to U-turn, go back and look at the video again and look again at the arrows on the road in the lane the trucks are in..
truck should have had its indicator on and should have checked his mirror before starting his turn

The truck driver should give way to the smaller truck, and only proceed when he could operate his vehicle in a safe manner.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, lcp0761 said:

The truck driver should give way to the smaller truck, and only proceed when he could operate his vehicle in a safe manner.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

what smaller truck? you talking about the car that got squashed? here in planet real life, we call them cars. I said the truck driver should have checked his mirror before turning. same same as you said except I didn't call the car a small truck.

oh look, someone is here to collect you to take you back

Nope, not seeing 2 u-turn lanes sorry !
I'm only seeing 1 u-turn lane and a right turn only lane !

IMG_2549.JPG

On 4/12/2017 at 9:50 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Indicators seen anyone?

I don't even see any video. It seems I would have to be a Facebook user to be able to see the video but I have no intention of signing up for Facebook.

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes it was Trans, but the car driver was not entirely blameless, he should have used a little common sense.

What was Trans, and what does "Trans" mean in the context of your post?

Definition of trans
:  characterized by having certain groups of atoms on opposite sides of the longitudinal axis of a double bond or of the plane of a ring in a molecule

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trans

All and all the car diver will port more attention on the road and perhaps stay away from big rig especially on right or u turn lane give the big truck room to do his turn. It does not take a university diploma to realize  what will happen when you want to kiss the truck driver.

20 hours ago, johnno2 said:

I think you've missed my point. I am not questioning the rights or wrong with either party, but suggesting it would have been more prudent for the car driver to have given way, not for the trucks sake but for the car's sake. It also a case that the recorder of what was happening (and the incident) had a better view than either the truck or car driver which has to be taken into a account. It also depends where a car is situated when beside a large truck because there are 'blind spots' so that even if the truck had signaled the driver of the car might be in a position along side the truck, and unable to see the indicators. I have been in a similar situation many times because there is a similar 'U' turn when going to Big C or Macro in the town. Upon see a truck ahead on my left I always slow so as to to see where the truck is going. Too many drivers in Thailand don't use indicators until way too late. So I say again, If it's big let it go first.