Police transferred amid bribery suspicions

webfact

Police transferred amid bribery suspicions
By The Nation

b15132368b2a0b50d95a5fb3bb46f774.jpeg

Pol Colonel Larp Srisam-ang

BANGKOK: -- Twelve patrol and Special Operations Division 191 police officers have been transferred to inactive posts pending an investigation into charges of bribery involving operators of businesses that allegedly violated the intellectual property law, a Royal Thai Police source said on Thursday.

The officers transferred include patrol deputy commander Pol Colonel Larp Srisam-ang and patrol deputy superintendent Pol Lt Colonel Rawiroj Plemgsriyossapat, the source said, requesting anonymity.

Pol Maj General Surachet Hakpan, chief of the 191 police division, has designated a fact-finding committee to determine whether officers tasked with cracking down on suspected violators of the intellectual property law are guilty of disciplinary breaches. 

Members of the National Reform Steering Assembly had earlier voiced concern that police may have accepted bribes from the business operators to overlook wrongdoing.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312213

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-13

I would really like to see these criminals stop being posted to inactive posts. Everyone else gets charged and has to find bail money or go to prison.

Given what we all know of the cops here, the probability is high that they are guilty. So stop sending them on a paid holiday and punish them!

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

I would really like to see these criminals stop being posted to inactive posts. Everyone else gets charged and has to find bail money or go to prison.

Given what we all know of the cops here, the probability is high that they are guilty. So stop sending them on a paid holiday and punish them!

mmmmm

if that was strictly enforced there would be no BIB

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

mmmmm

if that was strictly enforced there would be no BIB

I suspect there are a very large number of people, myself included, who would argue that this would not be a bad thing at all.

They are rotten to the core. Wiping them out and starting again, would do much to fix the cancer they represent.

We had first hand experience about transfered officials. A senior land official was involved in issuing illegal chanottes in an area and was caught. The official got transferred and the land owner lost their land and resorts. The transferred official is now asking for bribes to do his work. If you dont pay you have to wait more than a year for your land to be surveyed, because they are too busy. Pay the bribe and its done the next day. In the end they just transfer the problem from one area to another and dont solve the problem.